{'en': 'Type 1 diabetes, 22 years ago, glycosylated 5.8 and I feel great', 'es': 'Diabetes tipo 1, hace 22 años, glicosilada 5,8 y me siento estupendamente'} Image

Type 1 diabetes, 22 years ago, glycosylated 5.8 and I feel great

Isaserana's profile photo   09/16/2018 10:47 a.m.

Hello, everyone.

Although I have been following you for many years, I have not had time to register and try to help in what I can.

I am D1 for almost 22 years, Medtronic Sensors insulin bomb since 2015 and two precious children who are my motivation to take care of myself.

Today I am still low diet in carbohydrates and glycosylated 5.8 and I feel great.It is a hard and very strict path but life is worth it ...

All the best
Isa

Isaserana's profile photo
Isaserana
09/16/2018 10:47 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Congratulations on encouraging you to write and welcome.
Surely you help us a lot

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/16/2018 2:54 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Welcome!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/17/2018 3:16 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome and congratulations on that good glyc.I also follow low diet in hydrates and I am delighted.Although you have to give up many things the improvement in the controls is worth it.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/17/2018 9:42 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thank you all for the reception.The truth is that the Low Carb diet has encouraged me a lot since I did not fall from 6 glycosilada and the endos do not understand that we need optimal control.It will have me reprimand because at this step I already have less than 5.8 sure and they will start that I surely have hypos, ufff that roll.
A hug to all !!!

Isaserana
09/17/2018 10:51 a.m.

But that is a personal matter of me of course.A glyc less than 7 you always have to celebrate it ...

Isaserana
09/17/2018 10:52 a.m.

isaserana said:
Thank you all for the reception.The truth is that the Low Carb diet has encouraged me a lot since I did not fall from 6 glycosilada and the endos do not understand that we need optimal control.It will have me reprimand because at this step I already have less than 5.8 sure and they will start that I surely have hypos, ufff that roll.
A hug to all !!!

Well when I see the controls and that the hypos have not uploaded they will not tell you anything.I did not comment on my diet first, I just showed the controls and hallucinated.Then I talked a little about the subject but I didn't see her very receptive and I haven't commented anything again.Endos do not usually see with good eating few hydrates.As I never asks anything about my meals, because I don't tell him anything and limits herself to looking at the controls and how they are very good without almost hypos because all happy.

Yessica_A
09/17/2018 11:22 a.m.

Well, in my case they are encouraged to eat few hydrates (more than the endo the educator) because they are seeing how good results they are giving.What happens is that I am not able to make a manual low car car, I simply try not to eat many hydrates but my 70-90 gr a day

erpla's profile photo
erpla
09/17/2018 1:26 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

erpla said:
because in my case they do encourage me to eat few hydrates (more than the endo the educator) because they are seeing how good results they are giving.What happens is that I am not able to make a manual low carb

Well, it's great that they encourage you.They are starting to change things and that's fine.We have to be we who decide the option that we want to continue knowing the advantages and disadvantages of both.
If with 70-90gr a day you get that good hem is great, nor is it necessary to reduce hydrates to a minimum if it is not necessary.Everyone has to do at what point is better.I have days than more than others, I usually be between 50-70 and I carry it good.And I also make exceptions in celebrations and nothing happens, I try to control the best I can the climb and voila.
If you are interested in joining the Facebook group, that there are many recipes ideas with few hydrates (it is called "low hydrates diabetes").

Yessica_A
09/17/2018 1:52 p.m.

I do not usually climb 70 grams daily and it is that it shows and I am not hungry.My husband tells me that he looks better even in mind.In the end, how do you say the important thing is to bring diabetes well in the best way you can and want

Isaserana
09/17/2018 2:44 p.m.

Congratulations.I also follow a low carbohydrate diet.It is the best thing that has happened to me.I am super happy.

patcrpt's profile photo
patcrpt
09/23/2018 1:31 p.m.

Excellent.That is called consistency and commitment.That is what I mean in my comments.To face it with everything necessary to stay healthy.
Congratulations

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
09/23/2018 2:37 p.m.

Speaking of glycosilada, I come now from the endocrine of making me a glycosylated capillary for a change of pattern at the meals that put me 1 month ago and see the result, conclusion 1 month ago 6.8 and today in the Machine 7,2;The funny thing is that he sees me the Free graphics to retouch breakfast and dinner and lets me loose that I am "his best patient", I start to disagree with laughter because if with 7.2 I am his best patient I say to him that how will it be likeThe rest !!!It has made me a half percentage of the glycemia and it was less than 30%, I have asked what that means that and it has told me that if you have that high percentage although your hem is 6 it means that you have been in a constant roller coaster,That is, many hypers and hypos and that it is already scientifically demonstrated that the greater the number of peaks, the greater the number of possible complications so that because of the hemoglobin I have left a little pluff but on the other part a little relieved.-

I tell it because it is the 1st time that I tell me about the percentage, I do not know if you have ever told you.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/25/2018 6:45 p.m.

And how is it calculated?
Is it the value of the percentage of thresholds?
To me the capillary glyce gave me 1 point above the real one.6.4 came out and had 5.5 in blood

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/25/2018 7:54 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I want to be like you, having glycos of 6: D

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
09/25/2018 11:07 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.