I have diabetes?

charlycabaarg's profile photo   05/03/2020 9:03 p.m.

Hello community, I present myself: My name is Carlos, I am from Argentina, my weight normally is between 78 and 82kgs (Normopeso) and I measure 1.84 meters, I am 28 years old.

My situation is as follows, in February I began to notice the dry mouth, with less ability to generate saliva, bleeding gums, dirty language, etc.Then, during this time I began to feel that the food fell heavy and to brush after all meals.

Other symptoms began to appear on April 12.I started going to the bathroom more often and having a more diluted urine.

I went to the guard, normal analysis and blood glycemia of 101mg/dl

In the following week, the symptoms began to exacerbate going more often to the bathroom, getting up at night to urinate and sensation of a dry and cracked mouth.

I went to the Guard again (April 21) and all normal, urine blood and kidney ultrasound.Blood glycemia 103mg/dl

A week later the endocrinologist sent me to make the glucose curve at 120min.(Lower almost 4 kg reaching 74)

96mg/dl fasting glycemia
Post load glycemia 120min 103mg/dl

Both she and another nephrolgo who consults told me that you have to rule out 100% diabetes but I do not remain calm considering that the symptoms get worse and read the bibliography I find cases of normal glycems with later diagnostics of diabetes.

What do you think?Did anyone have normal glycemia and a late diagnosis?The last curve I made is definitive to rule out diabetes?

Thank you very much and greetings to all

charlycabaarg's profile photo
charlycabaarg
05/03/2020 9:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, it is quite strange to me that the symptoms are of diabetes if the curve has come out as indicated, to have those symptoms you must be in hyperglycemia, and I do not think that with a little maximum of 120 and normally having it around 100Those symptoms, especially the loss of weight, which is given by the impossibility of your body from glucose to blood, if that really happened to you would have much more sugar than your results seem to indicate.

Even so, we are not doctors, your doctors are the first who have ruled out diabetes, but if you don't ask for a second opinion or keep investigating with them that these symptoms are causing you

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
05/04/2020 2:32 a.m.

Macarena, thanks for your time and your answer.Both discarded diabetes but none found the reason or associated it with stress when I really did not have stress (typical response when there are no obvious clinical findings).Tomorrow I have a consultation with a 2nd endocrine to have a second opinion.Taking into account the context of the pandemic, it is difficult for a doctor to attend you in person or pay more attention.

I appreciate if someone else can share their opinion

Greetings

charlycabaarg
05/04/2020 4:27 a.m.

@Charlycabaarg Although symptoms can resemble diabetes, with those levels, I don't think it's diabetes.It may be perfectly that you have some food intolerances problem, the problem with digestions and the cracked language has all the pint that is something of that, talk to whom he attends to you.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/04/2020 10:57 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@nigiri Thanks for your comment.The nephrolgo told me that I had somewhat white tongue and seemed to be a gastric problem but the lack of saliva, polyuria and general fatigue.As for polydpsia, I don't feel thirst only a feeling of the mouth dry and I'm not hungry, quite the opposite.From what I saw, the symptoms and intensity of the classic triad are different for everyone.

charlycabaarg
05/04/2020 1:46 p.m.

It could be perfectly a gastric problem, consult it and that they take tests in this regard.Greetings and that you get better.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/04/2020 5:59 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

You do the test in a month to see how you are doing!If you do not consult it with your gastroenterrolo or perform an endoscopy greetings!

pollxander's profile photo
pollxander
05/04/2020 9:18 p.m.

canal:https://youtube.com/user/tumedicodecabecera?sub_confirmation=1

Your glucose figures are normal.In the glucose test, those of type 1 rose to 250 mg/dl and more.You are also a little older to debut, although who knows.

I would recommend talking to your doctors and trust them.It's okay to look on the Internet, but don't get obsessed.

Greetings and luck.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
05/10/2020 2:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.