Lada diabetes

Malenuka's profile photo   05/06/2020 11:56 p.m.

I am in my second pregnancy with "gestational diabetes" but I already started from possible prediabetes, basal around 105, hbglylicosilada 5.6, and with grandfather, uncle and mother and possible sister with diabetes.
The ESQ case the endocrine has sent me analytical of Antigad and IAA or something, and looking online I have reached the conclusion that can be to diagnose possible ladof Lada.I do this diabetes the case, can you talk to me about it?Although I have not yet done the analytics I think I am going to give positive in those analyzes

Malenuka's profile photo
Malenuka
05/06/2020 11:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!

In my case I had gestational diabetes in my two pregnancies, with return to normal after childbirth.After several years I started with prediabetes and I was controlled with diet and exercise until the situation deteriorated.They diagnosed me as type 2, but I was not going well with the treatment and in the end the endocrine did the antibody analysis and I got positive in the GAD, with what I changed to Diabetes Lada.

Lada diabetes is a type of type 1 diabetes - autoimmune - that develops in the adult and has a slower evolution than diabetes 1 when it starts in young children or adults.That is why sometimes it is confused with diabetes 2 or in the false gestational diabetes.

In my case I still have insulin production 15 years after the first pregnancy.That is why I handle me with slow insulin, low diet in hydrates and exercise.

When the endocrine has the result of your antibody analysis, he can tell you if your diabetes is autoimmune and will classify it as type 1 or lada.That does not matter because Lada is a type of diabetes 1 without more.

The important thing is to be well diagnosed because, if there are antibodies, early treatment with insulin helps reduce pressure on the pancreas and preserve the production of insulin you can have.

Cheer up.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
05/08/2020 7:24 a.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

@Malenuka

I think the explanation that has given you @"vicky bu"!

I am Lada but in the end I follow the same treatment that a type 1. If they detect it in time to the best with a good diet and control you control it.But I have always eaten well and I have done a lot of sport.And in the end ...

Wait for analytics and what the endocrine tells you.But it's very good to make those analytics.That endocrine is good

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/08/2020 7:34 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you very much for answering me !!I still have a month and peak for the analytics, but everything indicates that I will give positive in the antibodies ... I have been doing reviews to see the hemo and I am always in 5.5-5.7, with this hemo would also send me insulin?I am overwhelmed by the issue of putting insulin, and having to control and calculate etc. everything that as, I have already spent two pregnancies with a lot of control in diet and exercise and I would like to relax the truth a bit.By family ante have always in mind that it would come to be diabetic, but not now with 35 years and with possible life treatment, I expected it later.

Malenuka's profile photo
Malenuka
05/12/2020 11:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Malenuka

That 5.5/5.7 hemo is very good.But follow your endocrine advice!Be calm and don't worry

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/13/2020 7:15 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.