Possible change due to honeymoon

eloypdavila's profile photo   05/14/2020 5:58 p.m.

Hello, I have type 1 diabetes since November 2019. Since they diagnosed until now, both the endocrine and nutritional educator have congratulated me several times due to my good control.I had an entrance with a glyd greater than 13 and the last analysis made me 6.1.I have the freeview 2 sensor that is wonderful.As data to the elderly, use of slow insulin Tresiba 14 units and fast humalog junior with very low ratios, 0.3 for breakfast, food and dinner.

My question comes now: my control has varied abruptly for a week.I have 300 peaks according to which food (obviously depends on the amount of hydrates) so I decided to vary the ratio of 0.3 to 0.6 (the double!) And I still have good control.Can it be the honeymoon?Is it normal for the change to be so abrupt, practically from one day to another?I think that slow insulin should not upload it since the problem comes from the post-comer rise peak.To give you an example, for 100 gr of rice (70 gr hc = 7uds) with a glucose value of 120 I used to inject 2 units and my peak was around 170 glucose (I see the curve very well with the sensor).Just today, taking those 100 gr of rice and injecting the double 4 units I raised the value to just over 300.

I ask you, of type 1, if you have noticed an abrupt change.Another alternative that occurs to the honeymoon would be that the pen insulin is "defective" and I have touched the "bad lot."

eloypdavila's profile photo
eloypdavila
05/14/2020 5:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@eloypdavila

First, I would not take 100 gr of rice at once.Too many CH from rapid absorption.But that's personal.

The honeymoon is probably running out.No problem.Wait about three days to confirm changes and increase the factor.You can change insulin.But if after three days you still do not control you will have to increase the factor.It has happened to us all.Do it very gradual.And try not to take too many CH.For example, I only take about 32 gr of rice (2 rations in my system) in a meal.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/14/2020 9:20 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Quiet, the honeymoon usually lasts something else (but you are already close to its end) and the change is progressive (in no case is abrupt).
And remember to wait 15 minutes (manual) between fast insulin and "food."In addition, see the most accurate as possible) the rations of HC (for what you explain, you are doing very well, but do not discourage you).
Finally, following a honeymoon, you may need more fast insulin (for example, my ratios are 1.5, 0.75 and 0.91 for breakfast, lunch and dinner, [I have left the honeymoon 30 years nowYou know, each one is different).
And as for the spoiled insulin, it does not usually happen, but what happens a lot is pens with the dosing mechanism not "very" precise (both those of one and those of average unit).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
05/14/2020 9:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.