Dexcom G4: Night hypos that are not

Palomilla's profile photo   09/28/2018 11:58 a.m.

Hello, forum:

I wanted to comment something that is happening to me with the Dexcom G4 sensors.I have been in which the meter has notified me that I have hypoglycemia when I am sleeping, but in all cases, that hypoglycemia is not real.
These failures commit them only at night: if you point to me a hypo throughout the day, before I go to sleep, it coincides with the values ​​of the capillary glucometer, but from 2 in the morning the alarms are triggered (Less than 80 and less than 50) and I really have correct values ​​(110 mg/dl, for example).
I thought it could be the sensor, but I have observed it with different sensors (even of different boxes).I also thought it could have to do with the place where I wear the sensor, although it has happened to me both with two arm sensors and another in the abdomen.
Has someone happened to the same?Do you see any explanation?
Thank you so much.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
09/28/2018 11:58 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

If it has been commented on the part of many people of nocturnal hypos who are not with Dexcom G4, G5, etc .. I use freestyle with myomiao and it has also ever happened to me when I support the device for a long time, in fact, I have ever done the test and I lay on it and I do not know if it will be the pressure that is exerted on the device or the heat that generates but indeed for a while I gave me values ​​with double vertical arrow down.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/28/2018 12:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It has ever happened to me with the free that giving correct values ​​during the day the night spends it on the red line (below 70 when I am in 80).Endo told me that it happened to more people and believes it is about sleeping on that arm.What I do now is that I put it in the area of ​​the arm that I am just free from where I lean from sleeping.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/28/2018 12:49 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thanks for answering, @"sigsauer" and @"Yesssica_a".

You already imagined that if I realized it was when I corrected the first alleged hypos and ended up some climbing of the copon.Since then, whenever he vibrates at night, I throw myself into the glucometer and I remember all the sensor components ...
Sometimes I want to turn it off when I'm going to sleep, but I don't see any sense in doing that, because it is supposed to have something good is that it warns you in case of nocturnal hypo.
I will look for a different area for the next sensor.

Palomilla
09/28/2018 12:55 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.

I have also proven that the first 2 days of putting the sensor, the reason .. ??Another file x

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/28/2018 1:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The Mother of the Lamb, @"sigsauer"!I just looked at the booklet where I point out these things and coincides with what you say.The three nights in a row with hypo are always from having changed sensor.
Well it's knowing.Thank you!

Palomilla
09/28/2018 1:22 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.

If the sensor is pressured when sleeping can give strange values, as Sigsauer says on the first day it may be that the high and low value is not correct and need calibration, but as exaggerated as your indications had never heard it.I imagine that the calibrations are done when you are sure not only in Dexcom.
Try to put on the sensor in another area, but as you say if you have put a sensor in arm and belly because you are left, lumbar part and others that are good are already more risky.
File X with several boxes I doubt it, something must happen.
Have you called Novalab and have you commented?
Three nights giving error is a long time, when this has happened to you?Or have you left the same until you got up?It usually happens that the first high and low sometimes, it may always be that of error, that happens because the filament that enters the body has not yet adapted to the area.
Let's see if you get what it is, look to see if you are pressing it when you sleep, if you make extra calibration when this happens to you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/28/2018 3:13 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hello, @"jconegar":

Thanks for answering.

I tell you: before the summer I asked for two boxes and they are the ones I am using.I only manage to stretch the sensors 14-16 days, then already, or I get the questions or there are periods that do not mark anything and, when the values ​​indicate again, it lasts very shortly before it is again blank or reappear the???

In August I used one of the sensors of the new shipment and for three nights the alarm woke me up for hiccups.I corrected the first night with a Gluc Up and 71 (Dexcom) went to 182 (capillary), therefore, it cannot be that I had 71. I already learned that when I correct a hiccup, fifteen minutes later I must do a hair control because theUpload is reflected before in the blood and there is a gap in sudden changes until the interstitial fluid reflects.
That's when I realized that the supposed hypo may not be and the following nights when the alarm jumped, I made hair control.My values ​​were correct.
Now I go for the fourth sensor (two out of one box, two from another) and thanks to Sigsauer's comment, I have seen that I have those fictitious nightclubs the first two or three days of having put it on.

During the day I do not have any complaint of any sensor (except for one that was soon used to use the Dexcom, I commented on another thread, and Novalab replied because the insert had not been good and I had inflamed the area): The differences with the capillary glucometer are not important and it makes life easier.
Calibrate as many times as you ask for it and, exceptionally caliber when the difference between what the sensor marks and what the glucometer indicates is abysmal, see in the case of those hypos that are not.But in the latter case, calibrate only once because I would have to calibrate many times in a row to record the glycometer value and I know I should not do it.

The first sensors took them in the abdomen and then, thanks to a comment you made to me and your video, I passed to my arms.Of these last four sensors, three have gone in the arms and one in the abdomen (because of returning to the origins) and on the four occasions the night hypos that are not happened to me.
I have to try to put the sensor elsewhere (in the ear lobe and create a new fashion?), Try not to press it when I sleep and comment to Novalab if I see that it is repeated.

How much mystery ...

Palomilla
09/28/2018 4:16 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.

My son also happens, and the dexcom marks the hicm and when I go to his room he is sleeping supported on his arm, he accommodated his arm and the next measurement is accommodated the value ... and if he does not accommodate thereI just measured in capillary.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/28/2018 8:23 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

@"Dani76", thank you very much for answering.I'm going to look at what you say and I'm going to try not to sleep on that arm.

Palomilla
09/28/2018 8:40 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.

palomilla said:
hello, @"jconegar":

Thanks for answering.

I tell you: before the summer I asked for two boxes and they are the ones I am using.I only manage to stretch the sensors 14-16 days, then already, or I get the questions or there are periods that do not mark anything and, when the values ​​indicate again, it lasts very shortly before it is again blank or reappear the???

In August I used one of the sensors of the new shipment and for three nights the alarm woke me up for hiccups.I corrected the first night with a Gluc Up and 71 (Dexcom) went to 182 (capillary), therefore, it cannot be that I had 71. I already learned that when I correct a hiccup, fifteen minutes later I must do a hair control because theUpload is reflected before in the blood and there is a gap in sudden changes until the interstitial fluid reflects.
That's when I realized that the supposed hypo may not be and the following nights when the alarm jumped, I made hair control.My values ​​were correct.
Now I go for the fourth sensor (two out of one box, two from another) and thanks to Sigsauer's comment, I have seen that I have those fictitious nightclubs the first two or three days of having put it on.

During the day I do not have any complaint of any sensor (except for one that was soon used to use the Dexcom, I commented on another thread, and Novalab replied because the insert had not been good and I had inflamed the area): The differences with the capillary glucometer are not important and it makes life easier.
Calibrate as many times as you ask for it and, exceptionally caliber when the difference between what the sensor marks and what the glucometer indicates is abysmal, see in the case of those hypos that are not.But in the latter case, calibrate only once because I would have to calibrate many times in a row to record the glycometer value and I know I should not do it.

The first sensors took them in the abdomen and then, thanks to a comment you made to me and your video, I passed to my arms.Of these last four sensors, three have gone in the arms and one in the abdomen (because of returning to the origins) and on the four occasions the night hypos that are not happened to me.
I have to try to put the sensor elsewhere (in the ear lobe and create a new fashion?), Try not to press it when I sleep and comment to Novalab if I see that it is repeated.

How much mystery ...

In the ear lobe I have never tried but in many more places yes, just like Dani76 I comment again that you look if you press it when sleeping, because this happens when you press it gives problems?Well, a lot of mystery is not simply that the sensor moves and it may be that the area inflates, a group of users did some tests and pressed the sensor when lying down, simply when I touched you you did not sleep.
Everything has a reason for being, but I repeat that three days is a lot.
Another site but I do not advise it where the measures are extraordinary is in the upper part of the twin but it only lasted me two weeks.
If you have continuous glycemia peaks, it is also proven that it is difficult for you to arrive at 4 weeks, and normally if you reach the fourth week many times if you are X on top of 200 give errors of ???But they are already 4 weeks of use.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/28/2018 10:46 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.