Hello everyone

As type I diabetic, I see two problems, to which more serious in diabetes.

The first, and in the short term, is the same treatment.The administration of insulin bowling, causes, in addition to ignoring its side effects, hypoglycemia, states of anxiety and continuous concern.It means living to the rhythm of the action profile of that insulin, influenced by factors such as temperature, injection place, mood, food to metabolize, etc.

The second, in the medium and long term, the damages caused in our circulatory system, or what is the same, throughout our body and its organs.

The appearance of new insulins is not enough.The problem remains a more physiological administration, more similar to what happens in a non -diabetic person.This requires continuous monitoring of glucose levels.

Important steps have been taken in our treatment, with the appearance of basal insulins of a very flat action profile.And waiting for that artificial pancreas to be achieved, it would be helpful to extend to the entire population, in a free way, these continuous glucose meters, leaving aside the daily ordeal of the punctures for the reactive strips.It would really be a milestone in our treatment and improvement of quality of life.Skinny please do us, if for the sake of improving a few days, they force us to an important economic disbursement for many of us.
In the background it is a form of discrimination, through which only the most wealthy, economically speaking, can make use of them in a continuous way.

They are only the reflections of a type I diabetic with many years of treatment .. I don't enter into otherwise considerations.

Greetings for everyone.