{'en': 'High glycemia in the mornings.', 'es': 'Glicemia alta en las mañanas.'} Image

High glycemia in the mornings.

Elaine S's profile photo   10/10/2018 4:47 p.m.

Good morning,

My baby has seasons, for example in recent days that glycemia is high when rising is to say since 175-250 or so and lies with acceptable levels.

In addition to applying the Levemir units that correspond to him for the night that is apart from the novorapid that is applied to him with dinner (if I am going to his appointment with the endo), but in the same way I want to know if someoneBut it happens or if it is associated with something that I can detect, because I have asked the doctor about this on other occasions that has happened and I have tried to correct what she tells me that they can be the reasons that influence, but of the sameIt takes a good time with good levels and then you have these days again.

If someone happens to someone, something I would like to be grateful, because this actually stress me.

Thank you!

Elaine S's profile photo
Elaine S
10/10/2018 4:47 p.m.

Hija de 7 años
DMt1 desde 7-Nov 2017
Levemir 12(mañana) 6(noche) y novorapid (3, 3, 2)
Glicada. 7.7

He will need more dose of slow.
The endocrine will tell you how you have to increase insulin doses
Children need more insulin as they grow.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/10/2018 8:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I think it is another of the X files of diabetes and what has not been investigated too much regardless of exercise, carbohydrates, ratios, bowling and fats at dinner, sleep phases (REM, light, deep) and as an impactIn our glycemia at night when we sleep.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/10/2018 10:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is the so -called Alba phenomenon, which is an increase in blood sugar when the body prepares to wake up.It occurs because hormones in the early hours of the morning (growth hormone, cortisol and catecholamines) make the liver release large amounts of sugar.
The treatment to avoid them is very complicated and it costs a lot to find it.
The ideal to solve it is with the insulin pump, since you adapt the basal to the needs of insulin in those hours.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
10/10/2018 10:24 p.m.

It happens to my son.The slow one, the evaluation of the values ​​when waking up.I had to climb it on that occasion and now, I had to go down again 1u because I was very short all day.These are moments, everything is changing.It also happens to me that prior to getting sick about two or three days before, and then fever appears.
But it is not good that it dawns with those values.
What time does it get up?What medis x the morning?And at about 5?To know a little more your glycemia at dawn.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/11/2018 5:13 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Precisely I had lowered a unit for a while because it was lowered and worked for me, and yesterday the adjustment again adds the one that had removed him and today dawned in 91. It also happens to me that when a virus comes it begins to be high beforeThat it manifests and more these days that in my country the weather has been very changing, she rises at 8 am.

Elaine S's profile photo
Elaine S
10/11/2018 3:58 p.m.

Hija de 7 años
DMt1 desde 7-Nov 2017
Glicada. 7.7

@"Elaine s
What country are it? It is a path with many comings and goings ... on opportunities one finds the reasons for a descent or upload and in many other opportunities.
My son happens that when he improves, of being sick, he passes as a week to stabilize his values ​​...

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/14/2018 1:48 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Elaine:
Apart from the experiences that everyone can tell, I can tell you that in the adolescent times hormones make everything vary a lot.Even stress for any reason (at those ages we tend to a bit exaggerated sometimes).
As important as insulin UDS, it would be to know what type of dinner did those days, (b) their mood and activity of that day, and (c) their body weight.
In (a), it is important to write down the type of HC.In my case if I include bread that is not integral, I know that I will get up high.It has a high glycemic index and causes it to rise in a short period.Since I have a freestyle sensor with blucon and I see the graphs of every 5 minutes in the mobile, I clearly appreciate that problem: the blood glucose rises between +10 and +15 every 5 minutes!Imagine two rations of 40 gr of bread in total, starting in 80 glycemia, and that 20 minutes later can already be in 140, and uploading.It is an example.Therefore, it is good to see and write down those nights on which he got up high and draw conclusions after 2-3 annotations.In my case, that masked everything and I raised the 24hrs (Tresiba) and did not seem to take effect.Once I understood, notice that I went from getting 16-18 in Tresiba and now I am with 13!
The case (b) is something that cannot be done preventively.I explain: my mornings are my good in normal conditions.But when I have a day that I must teach a complicated class, although I am a quiet uncle and I get it well organized, I climb only for stress.At that time there is no insulin or prior intake of HC.Start the class with 110 and end with 150. It goes up little by little, +3 or +4 every 5 minutes.There is no remedy.Correction at the end and wait until it goes down before eating.It doesn't matter doing taichi or yoga.The body reacts to such a situation by raising glucose to have energy in case a lion attacks, to be running.It does not help to drink coffee, since it exaggerates that reaction (cyclists, eg they drink energy drinks with a little caffeine, it gives them more "high").If during the day something happened that is taken as stress before, there will also be a night reaction, especially if there are nightmares (as you are remembering when going to sleep ... "Look what it did to me .....").
The (c), in my case the Tresiba recommend between 0.2 and 0.4 units per kilo, depending on each metabolism and level of activity.It is clear that I now do regular sports, including 1 hour and a half of bike on the road.That makes my sensitivity to insulin increase.And weight now 62 kg from my previous 67-68.And I measure 174, that is, rather thin. This I had to adjust the 24 hrs down.But when you are young and your body mass increases it may be necessary to climb until you find that ideal ratio.In my case I am close to 0.2 per kg, but eye, I exercise enough.

I hope these 3 things help.For slow, it also controls glucose levels before eating and dinner.If 3 hours after eating are fine, then it is the 24 hrs that keeps you.But it will also depend on HC commas and that you accompany it (eg if you include cheese, the absorption of HC is delayed and you will climb you when there is no insulin ...).

Let's see what the endocrine tells you.
Greetings and encouragement: they are stages through which it is passed, but we have tools to carry it well!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/14/2018 10:40 a.m.

Hello!

I have diabetes for 22 years.They diagnosed me when I was 16 months old so I don't know another lifestyle hehe.Your post has caught my attention and I have decided to answer you because the same thing is also happening to me a few days ago.

The first, (and surely you will know), is that each diabetes is a world.So you cannot say this treatment with so many doses because each person affects us differently.In my case, what I did was change time for the injection of the slow one, that is, before I put it at night, before sleeping and now I do it at noon.Because?Because it is the food that I do the most punctual, and I don't have to worry so much about getting wake up to put it on.In this way I better controlled injections schedules.

And second, is to modify the slow units.Of course, during this maximum control period and of course, avoiding days when I am going to exercise or do activities that I normally do.

By third and last I used the Levemir when I was small and until a couple of years ago.Now I am using Lantus and I do well but they have informed me that there are better.

But well, the ideal is that your doctor recommends and guides you in the control of your diabetes.Although in the end as your girl, nobody will know how to control her better.(And yes, my mother also had a great time at the beginning with my diabetes ... especially when I was so baby I had to control the glycemiae a lot) but nothing that does not require patience and much maternal love hahahaha.

I hope I have helped you a little telling you my experience,

All the best,

Myriam.

sorianomyriam9's profile photo
sorianomyriam9
10/15/2018 4:54 p.m.

We are from the Dominican Republic, definitely when there is a virus before, during and then they are terrible days in which insulin looks like water, and here how it is a tropical country in these cyclonic seasons that rains a lot is terrible, things are not perfectbe positive.

Elaine S's profile photo
Elaine S
10/15/2018 5:02 p.m.

Hija de 7 años
DMt1 desde 7-Nov 2017
Glicada. 7.7

elaine s said:
we are from the Dominican Republic, definitely when there is a virus before, during and then they are terrible days in which insulin looks like water, and here how it is a tropical country in these cyclonic seasonsthat rains a lot is terrible, things are not perfect only try to be positive.

Ask your endocrine, but what is usually done to diseases is to raise both slow and fast, since metabolism is different, as slower.You are also less active, spend less.I multiply my usual doses by 1.2 and rounding, almost always upwards (I think Levemir recommend changes of 2 in 2 UDS, in Tresiba I make 1 in 1).In your case, for example, 3x1,2 = 3.6 Rounding to 4. Test and, depending on results (2-3 punctures) values ​​up one more.
You can also choose to reduce the amount of HC.For example, if you make cooked fish with potatoes, reduce 1 ration or 1.5 rations of potatoes.
If you combine both strategies, attentive to controls already at the time of intake or before if you notice symptoms, as sorianomyriam9 points out: more strict control in time.

Also, as I said, it helps me down or eliminate the consumption of HC from processed foods such as non -integral white flours, or even potatoes.Here a detail: with freestyle I observed the peak so high that the "old" potatoes have, due to their high starch content.Solution: put them in water for a while, cook them the day before and wait for it to cool (it also works with cooked paste, then I do the next day).Thus it becomes "resistant starch" that is fiber that we do not digest and, therefore, there are no bestial peaks (with 2 rations of old potatoes I saw get from 80 to 220 in half an hour! And then with ketone bodies it costs a lot to go down, it iscreates insulin resistance).

Hugs,
M

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/16/2018 8:07 a.m.

It looks like being, as they have already said, a phenomenon Alba.Check it with your endocrine.Although it may also be that small hypoglycemia are presented during the night and its body compensates with secretion of hyperglycemic hormones.These high glycemia can be given by a rebound effect.To guide your endocrine, it would be good for you to wear some capillaries made around 4 in the morning.If normal gift is probably a dawn, if they are low, the rebound effect it said is more likely.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
10/18/2018 7:28 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

mjsm said:
is the so -called Alba phenomenon, which is an increase in blood sugar when the body prepares to wake up.It occurs because hormones in the early hours of the morning (growth hormone, cortisol and catecholamines) make the liver release large amounts of sugar.
The treatment to avoid them is very complicated and it costs a lot to find it.
The ideal to solve it is with the insulin pump, since you adapt the basal to the needs of insulin in those hours.
This was my case.With the sensor we detected a rapid insulin climb (about 5:30 in the morning with an average of 20/30 minutes passed from values ​​around 130 to values ​​greater than 400) so when I got up at 7 I was very high.(250/300 and something) .....
We follow the protocol (variation of the dose, change of insulin, ratios .....) and as nothing did work (2 years and peak at the end I indicated the endocrine that presented me as a candidate for the bomb and with it I have lived forNot much.Clara

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
10/21/2018 10:51 a.m.

Estimated Elaine>

From what I know, hyper and hypoglycemia have to do with the consumption of anything sweet.
I don't know if that can help you discover the reason that you have glycemia of 175-250mg/dl.

Ismael Forcada Bagant's profile photo
Ismael Forcada Bagant
10/21/2018 8:11 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.