Insulin change

azc's profile photo   10/19/2018 10:54 a.m.

Hello!!I am new in the forum !!
Today I have an appointment with the endocrine, I hope I change the type of slow insulin.
I am currently following multidosis with novorapid before meals and Lantus in the morning.
But I have been very uncontrolled for almost 2 months, I thought I could with it .. but not!
A great days, other days with hypoglycemia at 3-4 am and others with hyperglycemia when I wake up, I intuit that because of the alba phenomenon.
I think it will change me to an ultra -senses: threeiba or toujeo.It is clear that each patient is a world, but I fear hypoglycemia (which costs me enough to notice them).What has been your experience if you use any of these insulins?When do you start noticing the effect?And in case of not going well, how long to wait to consult with the endocrine?

azc's profile photo
azc
10/19/2018 10:54 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the forum @azc I hope that we can all give you a hand!, About the changes and difficulty in control, I tell you since it is normal, it is the most common, I have a guideline with Lantus and Novorapid, and you have to findThe equilibrium point, as you say, each one is a world, it happens to me when I do sports, and when not! ... hehehe ... you have to have patience and learn from our resactions, adjusting the doses as well as possible...

On the change of types of insulin, I can not tell you from my own experience, but there are many foreros that, to see if any is encouraged and clarifies you with your experience!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
10/19/2018 4:32 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hi @azc.I tell you my experience.Several years ago, I used Lantus as basal.Injected at 12 h.I was night hypoglycemia.I changed several times time of administration: I didn't get it.I solved the problem with Tresiba.Night hypos are over.In me, act more slowly and with more reach.Since then, without being the panacea, I am better controlled.

I repeat, it is my particular experience.The inconvenience with Tresiba is that the recipes must be visited by the medical inspection, which in my case is somewhat cumbersome and dilates over time.

I hope I have been helpful.

All the best.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
10/20/2018 12:35 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Thanks for your opinions.
Today I start with Tresiba, and I hope good!
You tell me that Tresiba does not seem like the panacea, but with glycosiladas about 6.5 .. I think your control is wonderful !!

azc's profile photo
azc
10/20/2018 12:56 p.m.

@AZC at the beginning if you see high glycemias do not scare yourself and go by adjusting the dose until you give with the good, not everyone happens but to most people the change from lantus to threeiba until adjusting well, it cost it enough.I started with threeiba and after 5 months I changed to Toujeo, but what each one is said is a world and I hope it works for you.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/20/2018 1:50 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.