Can sweat reduce glucose level?

nuss_faif0's profile photo   10/20/2018 6:31 p.m.

Yes, I know that it looks like a meaningless paranoia (and surely), but I have given this assumption a lot due to certain times that I suspect has happened to me.And I am not sure yet.

To make things clear, since here I arrive, after exercising low sugar (more or less, depending on the effort made).But this summer I have spent quite heat and I have been soaked with sweat from head to toe on several occasions, without having practiced any sports;And many of these situations have been related to sugar declines without explanation.Now, it may be perfectly to coincide with any failure of calculating rations that would have escaped me, but that is where my "hypothesis" comes into play.
First of all: what is sweat?It is a mixture of fluids (abundantly composed of water) that our body expels to lower its temperature when heat passes.In addition to water, the body, when sweating, gets rid of other substances (mineral salts, urea, etc).Could it be that this "etc" would include some glucose?Could it be that, when sweating, we were losing blood sugar and unbalanced our control?
Likewise, in the event that it was affirmative, this amount would present less than 1%, which should sweat a lot to be able to appreciate any change.But I would also like to share this experience, since I think there is something that escapes me.What I know, maybe sweat hinders the distribution of blood through the body, perhaps damages glucose and loses its value, or perhaps this summer I have been calculating the carbohydrates of the handle poorly.What do you think?

Forgive for having wasting your time reading this textaco (^~^")

Salu2

nuss_faif0's profile photo
nuss_faif0
10/20/2018 6:31 p.m.

Diabetes Mellitus tipo 1
Adolescente, 16 años
9 años desde el debut (2010)
Bomba de insulina (Medtronic MiniMed 640G)
Sensor de glucosa (Freestyle Libre)
Hemoglobina (más reciente): 6,7%

Man of asking for forgiveness would be more.
In summer if I normally move in summer I move even more so that glucose lowers me but because of the sweat I doubt that it goes down.Another thing is that you sweat because you move more and go down as you comment.
It is the first time that I listen to something like that, to see what the classmates comment but without being a doctor I would affirm that no, ask the endo to see what he tells you too.
I do not blame it to sweat but to what as a general rule in summer we move more.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/20/2018 9:40 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Heat increases insulin absorption and that can cause hypoglycemia.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/21/2018 3:03 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
heat increases insulin absorption and that can produce hypoglycemia.
Let's see the insulin we get is the same and the effect is the same, as you comment can take effect before and this would make us have less peak then, right?But get to a hypo?Because making more heat does not make more effect, due to that rule of three insulin at high temperatures spoils and makes less effect.

I don't see it clear

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/21/2018 5:50 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I understand that it increases speed and also action .., it is absorbed before.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/21/2018 11:52 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

With the summer calo I have to lower insulin, when he begins to cool up.
Do not blame it for more activity, I blame it for temperature.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
10/24/2018 10:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I don't think sweat I lowered blood glucose .... I'm going to live in a s aauna :)

I am sedentary and in summer if I overwhelm and stress, sudo and I get nervous with what I burn blood glucose, without doing sports (in winter too) but I do not reach hiccups, but it goes down quite "free".

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/25/2018 7:36 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I agree with Regina, heat can increase sensitivity to insulin and get less resistant to it, so it does not surprise me that the cause can be heat and not sweat ... although you already know that each person will affect theA different way, it is common for the ratio to be lowered on the beach for this reason.

Greetings,

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
10/25/2018 1:29 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

Hi: I agree with everything they have said.With heat it increases insulin absorption, it is absorbed faster and can give you a hypo.When I make sauna after breakfast, they give me lows very frequently and I have deduced that it is because insulin is absorbed faster.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
10/28/2018 10:53 a.m.

Thank you very much to everyone for answering and sharing your knowledge.I did not expect so many comments;You have been helpful, both for me and someone else, I hope.

Well, I had not gone through my head that it was not sweat but heat.To tell the truth, now everything makes more sense.Anyway, I will try to remember telling my endo.

Thanks for everything, people \ (^o^)/

nuss_faif0's profile photo
nuss_faif0
10/28/2018 11:05 a.m.

Diabetes Mellitus tipo 1
Adolescente, 16 años
9 años desde el debut (2010)
Bomba de insulina (Medtronic MiniMed 640G)
Sensor de glucosa (Freestyle Libre)
Hemoglobina (más reciente): 6,7%

Hello
I believe that sweat by having dissolved ionic salts can interfere with capillary measurements, if the place to chop is not cleaned.On the other hand, the capillaries dilate and approximate the skin to regulate temperature, that would modify the concentrations of the interstitial fluid and the readings of a continuous glucometer.

luis65's profile photo
luis65
01/09/2021 11:21 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.