The weight

neiyor's profile photo   05/26/2020 3:19 a.m.

Hello, I have been with type 1 diabetes for some time and until the moment and managed to have a good control of my glycemia but I wanted to know their opinion about my weight I measure 1.76 and we currently do 70 kilos do you think should I get weight or lose weight?I am 20 years old

neiyor's profile photo
neiyor
05/26/2020 3:19 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

That weight is very good for your height.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
05/26/2020 12:28 p.m.

I agree
In principle perfect
But better eat it with your endocrine because it also depends on your body structure

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/26/2020 7:57 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you because I make weightlifting and I really would like

neiyor's profile photo
neiyor
05/26/2020 11:01 p.m.

@neiyor

The theme of weight is very relative, so you comment to you, you are not interested in looking at how much weights in total, but how much muscle mass there is in those 70kg.

To gain weight you have to go to caloric surplus and this implies to a certain extent that you also increase the amount of hydrates and therefore adjust the insulin.

Always look at exercise as something positive, it increases insulin sensitivity among other things ...

The best advice I can give you after being a long time in the gym, without having much idea and learning little by little .. is that you put yourself in the hands of a professional That leads to diabetic people and make you a good follow -up, you will learn so fast.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/27/2020 9:58 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.