{'en': 'Visit of children who have passed the coronavirus', 'es': 'Visita de hijos que han pasado el coronavirus'} Image

Visit of children who have passed the coronavirus

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/28/2020 11:09 p.m.

Hello,

I wanted to consider my case to see if someone is in a similar situation.

I have type 1 diabetes many years ago with good metabolic control.

I am divorced and my ex-asposa and three children (from 3 to 5 years old) were sick (most likely with Coronavirus, as they told them on the phone by the symptoms, although they did not test them) during the second half of March.

According to the divorce agreement I have the children with me on alternate weekends.

We temporarily exceed, by mutual agreement, that the children came to my home, for prudence: for having been sick and my diabetic condition.

Additionally, I have had a problem with my vehicle and they live in another province.Now my ex-asposa states that we return to the visits.

The children have followed a strict confinement with their mother and have spent two months since they were sick.

Do you think it is prudent to bring them to my home and have a weekend with me?

My question is whether they could continue to be carriers of the virus and infect me (these cases of people who continue to be positive for a while after being sick).

Anyone in a similar situation?

Thanks in advance.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/28/2020 11:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I would not risk, health is first.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
05/29/2020 12:12 a.m.

There are communities where health centers are testing.

You can request it by phone.
If two months have passed, they will surely be contagious, but you can secure it with the tests.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/29/2020 5:27 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, my opinion is that you can't fight the elements ... You can infect anywhere ... at any time.I don't think you have more afraid than respect.So it follows in your comment you are a young person and with good control ... well forward..VOVIVE THE LIFE THAT DEATH COMES OUT.And if you take it, surely a few days of discomfort and others of fever and at the time to walk again.
Enjoy your children who will be looking forward to seeing dad.

Ss1's profile photo
Ss1
05/29/2020 6:51 a.m.

To me, honestly, it seems incredible that a father stop seeing his children, so small, for whatever reason.

anif's profile photo
anif
05/29/2020 8:26 a.m.

DM2 (2019)

@Anif, because it seems very prudent to me, you have to protect yourself, to continue seeing them always..This can be mild or not.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/29/2020 11:26 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

anif said:
me, honestly, it seems incredible that a father stop seeing his children, so small in addition, for whatever reason.

What seems incredible to me is free and ignorant opinion as yours.Type 2 diabetes, your problem is that you have no idea what diabetes is really.You think you know when yours is a joke compared to type 1 and how complicated it is to be stable and how you can destabilize by a disease.Moreover, I will tell you a story.A few years ago, being perfectly controlled, I had a flu (almost certainly the famous avian flu, because it was the time) in which I suddenly began to be over 250 of glymia permanently and there was no way to lower it.I pricked me more insulin and it was as if I drank water: without effect.I was more than a day like that and at night I had to change my clothes 5 times what I sweated, with very high fevers.In the end, I had to go to the hospital because ketone bodies appeared in the urine and blood glucose did not go down.The ghost of ketoacidosis.But I was lucky and when they had admitted me in the emergency room I began to lower my blood glucose thanks to the extra insulin that had been putting me.That is what can cause you an infection of this type.And if you are lucky, like me, tell him.If you are not lucky, don't tell him.

What do you think?What do I do not see my children?If I die, do I do my children a favor?That said, supreme ignorance.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/29/2020 3:22 p.m.

@Pedro_P I am sorry if I have offended you with my comment.I should also feel a disease joke compared to yours, so it is seen.

Anyway, you have asked for an opinion about something and I, who precisely consider myself a prudent person (at least with health, perhaps not with words), I have only said that it seems incredible not to see them for that if you have good control and they hadSymptoms in early March, 3 months ago.

And it seems incredible because life is in the end is full of risks, many unnecessary, but spending time with your children 3 months later that they have a disease does not seem any risk.

anif's profile photo
anif
05/29/2020 5 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

@Pedro_p I would see them without problems.
They have far exceeded the usual quarantines, the virus is not active in their body.
I am not afraid of the virus, I do not use mask except when it is mandatory, in Super and little else.
To know if tomorrow I catch a car or have an accident ... I will not stop living either for diabetes or for any type of virus or bacteria.

Regarding the story you have told, it is not so serious, what happens to you is that you are a man and you have no hormones that usually make you havoc.I have weeks of 250 because yes.I usually be controlled, with we have very good, but every x weeks my body decides to ignore insulin even if I kill me to do sports and hardly eat.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/31/2020 12:49 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, you don't imagine my drama with menopause!

solaria's profile photo
solaria
05/31/2020 12:46 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

ss1 said:
and if you take it then a few days of discomfort and others of fever and at the time to walk again.

With all respect, these types of messages do not help anything.The case that has raised the forero I think many people have raised it.I think something we have learned over time is that we must not minimize or generalize with the virus.We have gone from considering it a flu and laughing because the flu of every year killed more people, to see how people aged under 40 without previous pathologies died.Each patient is a world and nobody can or should ensure how the disease will happen, if you catch it.Not to mention when you pass it.Neuronal consequences are already being seen.

Anyway, with this I just want to say that you don't have to live with fear, but with respect and caution.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
06/01/2020 12:43 p.m.

Debut: 2001
Novorapid/ Toujeo (22 unidades)
HbA1c: 8 (Necesita mejorar)
Sensor Free Style desde 2021

As you have already told you, I would see them, and effectively try to be done by antibody tests in some way if you want to be safer, but they have been in strict quarantine and have passed two months there are few possibilities that they will be infected.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
06/01/2020 3:32 p.m.

[User eliminated] said:

What seems incredible to me is free and ignorant opinion as yours.Type 2 diabetes, your problem is that you have no idea what diabetes is really.You think you know when yours is a joke compared to type 1 and how complicated it is to be stable and how you can destabilize by a disease.Moreover, I will tell you a story.A few years ago, being perfectly controlled, I had a flu (almost certainly the famous avian flu, because it was the time) in which I suddenly began to be over 250 of glymia permanently and there was no way to lower it.I pricked me more insulin and it was as if I drank water: without effect.I was more than a day like that and at night I had to change my clothes 5 times what I sweated, with very high fevers.In the end, I had to go to the hospital because ketone bodies appeared in the urine and blood glucose did not go down.The ghost of ketoacidosis.But I was lucky and when they had admitted me in the emergency room I began to lower my blood glucose thanks to the extra insulin that had been putting me.That is what can cause you an infection of this type.And if you are lucky, like me, tell him.If you are not lucky, don't tell him.

What do you think?What do I do not see my children?If I die, do I do my children a favor?I said, supreme ignorance.

I am type 1 diabetic, moron.Moreover, why do you ask for opinion if you don't accept each and every one of them?That is a lack of respect rather than unacceptable, and more when I have only told you for your good, nothing more.After all, you will decide you and only you, but what has said, if you just want to follow a path, why do you ask for more opinions?
I have also had my stories with diabetes, and not so sporadically.Let's see if you are going to be the only type 1 diabetic with its problems on planet Earth.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
06/01/2020 9:58 p.m.

I think you can see your children quietly.After 28 days the virus is not present in mucous membranes.Anyway you don't know if what happened was the Covid or not.If you want more peace of mind, a serology can be done (not a fast test, a serology).If the result is positive IGM negative IGM may be safer that they passed the infection and is resolved (anyway, there is never nothing of 100%security)

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
06/01/2020 10:30 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.