Pharmaceutical oligopoly triggers the price of insulin causing a death in the US

Sherpa41's profile photo   11/23/2018 4:54 p.m.

In this interesting article by Xataka
Link

Explains the type of companies that are pharmaceuticals that earn 30,000 million dollars a year only selling insulin and only make it up fully illegally.To such an extent that a 30 -year -old could not pay the $ 1500 of insulin and died.(A few years ago it did not reach 250 dollars)

It is really terrible to have to depend on these unfortunates.Does anyone really believe that they dedicate a single euro of everything they earn to research for healing?Every day that passes I see more likely to spend it on avoiding it

Don't know.Of what I am sure, is that the day a thorough investigation of pharmaceuticals is done;Corruption, bad practices, upward price pact, promising research brake ... politicians next to us will seem charity nuns.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/23/2018 4:54 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41 As for pharmacists I have the heart "Partio", on the one hand I see what you say and it is really worrying, several cases that show it have already been published (I copy links below), on the other, we need them ... orWe would be dead ... And that is what they explode in an ethical way ... :(

Unfortunately all this sounds like classic ...

Link
Link
Link
Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
11/23/2018 5:53 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Yes, we are in your hands.The only way to defend ourselves is to have a public health system and investigation.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/23/2018 6:24 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
yes, we are in your hands.The only way to defend ourselves is to have a public health system and investigation.

You also have to take into account private research ... I think that patient groups have a lot to say and do!

fer's profile photo
fer
11/23/2018 6:47 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.