Do not buy blucon ...

farstar's profile photo   06/09/2020 8:45 a.m.

I want to share with you the lousy experience that I have had with Ambrosia, the company that produces and distributes Blucon, the device that is placed above the free freestyle to be able to connect it through Bluetooth with XDRIP.

A few months ago I bought Blucon.I will not say that it was perfect because it was not.The device had disconnections, sometimes lost readings, etc.But as a general rule I was happy and it was a device indispensable for me.

When I saw that Freestyle Free began to be sold in its 2.0 version for the same price, replacing version 1.0, I first made sure the blucon would work.

I went to his website and put: "Blucon Works with Abbott Freestyle Free, Free 2 and Freestyle free pro sensors."

All without problems, right?

Well, as soon as I put on the first free sensor 2 I went to the app and put me: "This free sensor is not supported yet. Will start support soon."

Great, I have wasteed 60 euros in a sensor that without xDrip I don't want it at all.

I got in touch with Ambrosia to find a solution, since it seemed misleading what they announced on their own website, although I talked to them in a friendly way because there were still no reasons to mislead.

I ignored me continuously .They asked me things like what was the serial number, I answered them and they didn't answer me again.After a few days I asked them if they had received my email and if they could tell me something.They told me that if they received it, and that if I could indicate the date of purchase.He said it and after 4 days they wrote to me to ask me the serial number again.It's a joke?Thus for 2-3 weeks in which the support experience was bad.

They ended up telling me that my blucon had a firmware that was not compatible with free sensors 2.

I asked them to send me an updated blucon and I would send them mine back.They did not accept.

I asked them to tell me how I could update the firmware since I am good for the electronics and I would be able.They did not accept.

What was your solution?They told me that I had to buy again the same blucon in your store.Yes, exactly the same device.The same hardware.Simply with a higher software version.

Of course I am not going to do it.What kind of scam is this?On their website they make statements that are a lie .

So that is my story and I recommend that you do not buy in this company, they do not deserve our money or confidence.You have Miaomiao and Bubble CGM that at the moment do not perform these practices.

farstar's profile photo
farstar
06/09/2020 8:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

So now I have a piece of plastic that costs 120 euros and will never serve anything.Total lost 180 euros and a few hours because of this great company.

By the way, with free 2, a device of these is not necessary, the ABBOTT app can be poured and the sensor transmits the data to XDrip, but that is the subject of another post ...

farstar's profile photo
farstar
06/09/2020 9:04 a.m.

There is a post about free 2 and its connections with XDDRIP, have you searched on the Internet if the firmware can be updated in some way?Although they have told you no, Miao Miao 2 does not support free 2 if you do not update the firmware and there are apps that do so without having to resort to the company.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
06/10/2020 9:50 p.m.

The blucon does not have a USB port or anything, so you will hardly update the firmware unless ambrosia wants you to do it

farstar's profile photo
farstar
06/10/2020 10:21 p.m.

farce said:
the blucon does not have a USB port or anything, so you will hardly update the firmware unless ambrosia wants you to do it </brick

MM2 either has USB port.If not, small more tooth devices that would be.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
06/10/2020 11:10 p.m.

davidag2000 said:
farce said:
the blucon does not have a USB port or anything, so you will hardly update the firmware unless ambrose wants todo it

MM2 either has USB port.If not, small more tooth devices that would be.

Well but it is updated by Bluetooth that Blucon does not

farstar's profile photo
farstar
06/10/2020 11:26 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.