{'en': 'Phenomenon of dawn with insulin pump', 'es': 'Fenomeno del alba con bomba de insulina'} Image

Phenomenon of dawn with insulin pump

FERLE's profile photo   11/27/2018 1:08 p.m.

Good morning, I present myself ..

I am from Paraguay and I am DT1 approximately 5 years ago, I had a stage of rebellion and I had a hem of 14.7 until I really decided to do things well and a while ago my greatest achievement was to go down to 6.6 which is the one that I currently have.

At that time I had a treatment of Lantus+Apidra, with free freestyle, a month ago I use 640g always with free and in general I go more or less well in the day.

Now the question is the phenomenon of Alba, precisely because that was always my problem I chose to get the pump but I continue with adjustments, my query is as follows:

Is it possible to use so much insulin for dawn?

That is to say my basal index is 0.750 per hour more or less but for the dawn I go the 1.6 and climbing .. it is more than double my index during the day.

Thank you!

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
11/27/2018 1:08 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

Well, that's what the pump is for, to put in each section what you need
Welcome!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/27/2018 5:40 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
well, that's what the pump is, to put in each section what you need
Welcome!

Of course, only that it catches my attention that needs more than double in that section of the night, I still adjust the basal .. One month and still with adjustments, I suppose it takes a bit to find the ideal ideal right?Thank you very much for the welcome Regina!

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
11/27/2018 6:48 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

Welcome @Ferle.In diabetes each we are a world but I think it is what you say.I have about 7 different basal along the day, between 4 and 7 of La.Mañana I need 0.8 U/H while from 7 to 14 0.35, less than half.Do not worry about those things, the important thing is to have good control.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
11/28/2018 5:26 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

erpla said:
welcome @ferle.In diabetes each we are a world but I think it is what you say.I have about 7 different basal along the day, between 4 and 7 of La.Mañana I need 0.8 U/H while from 7 to 14 0.35, less than half.Do not worry about those things, the important thing is to have good control.

Hello Erpla, thank you very much for the answer, today for example I woke up quite well, what I realAround the dawn early, but as you say the important thing is to maintain control, in fact for that the pump is designed, to adjust the basal to different sections of the day, once adjusted well the basal I would like to return to the dumbbells in theGym.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
11/28/2018 12:46 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

ferle said:
erpla said:
welcome @ferle.In diabetes each we are a world but I think it is what you say.I have about 7 different basal along the day, between 4 and 7 of La.Mañana I need 0.8 U/H while from 7 to 14 0.35, less than half.Do not worry about those things, the important thing is to have good control.

Hello Erpla, thank you very much for the answer, today for example I woke up quite well, what I realAround the dawn early, but as you say the important thing is to maintain control, in fact for that the pump is designed, to adjust the basal to different sections of the day, once adjusted well the basal I would like to return to the dumbbells in theGym.

Hello, as other partners have already told you, you should not worry about using different basal throughout the day, precisely that is the great advantage of the bomb and therefore it is so beneficial for people who are so variable, I am that I am aCase very similar to yours too long to find the appropriate configuration and I had to test-error for a long time, in fact you will find a configuration that will do well and possibly with the passage of time you will have to adjust it, since our body andHis needs are changing and I have had weeks when it seemed that nothing worked well for me.Also comment that in my case it took a month using the FIASP insulin and I have improved a barbarity, my levels are much more stable without peaks or decreases as relevant as before and I am delighted, I do not mean that in your case it is the casesolution.All the best

TATO's profile photo
TATO
11/28/2018 2:01 p.m.

Diagnóstico DM1 - 1993
Tandem t: slim X2 - 2019, Novo Rapid
Dexcom G5 - 2017
Última glicosilada 6,5

As these @Tato also, a week ago I was perfect and I plannedTell you that you are the first one that I read that it went well with the Fiasp in insulin bomb, I read very bad comments from bomb users who did not do well with that insulin ... in fact that trying I cannot since it does not arriveTo my country but in the same way with the Humalog I am defending quite well, greetings.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
11/28/2018 2:32 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

Dare to deny me that they spend a whole week without touching the temporary basal haha, lately I am with temporary with temporary there, I do not want to blame the novorapid but I coincidentally have more variability since I started using a month ago but in the same way I do not thinkBe that, rather it is the heavy diabetes that fucks us daily:#: S

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
08/05/2019 10:19 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.