Hello, they have just installed the medtronic 670g, I am starting to know it manually.It is my first

Mika23's profile photo   02/27/2020 10:56 p.m.

It is my first experience with bombs, and it is not easy

Mika23's profile photo
Mika23
02/27/2020 10:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Mika23, the learning curve is fast.Surely in a couple of weeks you will be a crack.Study the manual, it is essential.The discomfort that I could cause you solved it very well with the fajín they sell there in Medtronic.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/28/2020 3:38 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Congratulations.It will be great.As Solaria says, it will soon control and start testing and adapt everything to your specific needs.

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
03/02/2020 11:33 p.m.

Thank you, it's true, I'm now very good!

Mika23's profile photo
Mika23
03/26/2020 12:03 a.m.

mika23 said:
thanks, it's true, I'm very good now!

Hi @mika23, I've never had a bomb.Don't you be afraid that at night, for example, I will supply you insulin without your consent with the consequences it could lead to?

Let's see if I collect some information to encourage me, although just from that bomb I have not had good reviews.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
03/27/2020 12:53 p.m.

Hello!Excellent!That bomb is supposedly going to put my baby, now with the coronavirus I don't know what will remain or when it will be patient, while I learn better with the injections.
David, the bomb has a blocking function that prevents accidental infusions.I worried that he playing/ playing with the pump was injected unintentionally.
@Mika23 tell us how you go and your impressions, please!

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
03/28/2020 12:26 p.m.

De Argentina.. Debut con 11 meses.. Usamos inyecciones (tresiba y novorrapid). Sensor Freestyle libre 1.
Tenemos pedida bomba Medtronic 670G.

ine_milo said:
hello!Excellent!That bomb is supposedly going to put my baby, now with the coronavirus I don't know what will remain or when it will be patient, while I learn better with the injections.
David, the bomb has a blocking function that prevents accidental infusions.I worried that he playing/ playing with the pump was injected unintentionally.
@Mika23 tell us how you go and your impressions, please!

But I understand that at night you must continue to inject, right?

How can you ensure that you will inject the right units?

DavidAG2000
03/28/2020 1:02 p.m.

I tell you what I understood from the girls of Medtronic.That basal insulin is not used, but only fast.And the pump is putting micro dose throughout the day.
The difference is that in 640, the doctor program those amounts depending on the daily patterns.The 670 does that automatically, read the patterns and see at what time you need more insulin and at what time less and adjust the guideline every 3 days I think ... I still need a time working in manual mode.That injects the appropriate amounts is part of the system, I do not know, so they are worth what they are worth .. I imagine that a failure in that sense is something catastrophic.But according to my doctor is the safest.In addition, it stops insulin infusion if sugar levels are going down quickly or predicts that you can do hypoglycemia.It also has alarms.
Anything correct me ..
We went to see the bomb, we did the procedures in the social work but we still do not.I also think that now is the best treatment option for my son's age.And I imagine that they will perfect those algorithms, the bombs will be smaller, wireless, at first I could not even imagine my BB with that, and now I already got the idea.

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
03/28/2020 1:35 p.m.

De Argentina.. Debut con 11 meses.. Usamos inyecciones (tresiba y novorrapid). Sensor Freestyle libre 1.

David, at night he keeps injecting;It is what is known as basal rate.
The bomb ensures that it will administer the amount of insulin that you have scheduled.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
03/28/2020 1:36 p.m.

@Davidag2000 I had asked in Medtronic about any possibility of testing the system.They had told me something like everything was possible.Maybe you can ask.

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
03/28/2020 1:43 p.m.

ine_milo said:
@davidag2000 I had asked in Medtronic about any possibility of testing the system.They had told me something like everything was possible.Maybe you can ask.

The Medtronic 670g in my hospital are offered to me, but I was afraid for the already commented.It can be because I have never had one.

DavidAG2000
03/28/2020 1:45 p.m.

@Davidag2000

My nephew has insulin bomb for a long time and is doing very well.For young people as you are recommended.But it is true that it requires a certain learning time.Well like everything.But in your case that you are in computer science you like.You can take it as a challenge.It is a decision that you have to take your advised by your endocrine.It is a change and as any change not exempt from risks.

A hug !

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/28/2020 1:54 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@davidag2000

My nephew has insulin bomb for a long time and is doing very well.For young people as you are recommended.But it is true that it requires a certain learning time.Well like everything.But in your case that you are in computer science you like.You can take it as a challenge.It is a decision that you have to take your advised by your endocrine.It is a change and as any change not exempt from risks.

A hug!

Yes, it is most likely.As for the theme of adaptation, a problem would not see for me, but what I have always had in the head is whether more units of the proper ones were injected while I was not aware (at night), which would be dangerous.If it can be assured with certainty that in no case can that happen, it would be a good system and encourage me to try it.Anyone who knows or who thought if that can happen?Since the device is continuously providing insulin.

DavidAG2000
03/28/2020 2:03 p.m.

Link

mamarvazq
03/28/2020 4:23 p.m.

@Davidag2000, the pump infusion system is absolutely safe.You will never put more insulin than you are scheduled in the basal.
Then it also has insurance that is programmed so that more insulin can be put manually.I have;
Maximum Basal 2 Units
Maximum bolus 10 units.
I would have to go to configuration to change it.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/28/2020 6:09 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Hello good, in reference to the bomb and in my experience lived with diabetes I have had three moments that have meant a very important change to better in my treatment and one of them is when I started with the bomb, the other two when I started with a meterContinuous and when I start with Android APs.
The bomb itself is going to give you endless options that if it were not for it you would not have within your reach, that if you have to learn to handle and in my experience when always having the possibility of injecting insulin to the body makes everything moreStable and more linear, always accompanied as is native to a correct diet and corresponding exercise.
I have weeks that I look at the graph and I wonder, will I be cured? Well, I can check it when I have a bad catheter, calculate the hydrates, etc.
I encourage everyone who is raising it to try, you will see a before and after.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
03/29/2020 11:38 a.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

I have 670 for almost a year and the only thing I can say is that I am delighted with her.There are no problems you say.When you see that your low glucose index of certain limits that your endocrine will program suspend insulin infusion and warn you that you are going down so you can take the appropriate precautions, take juice, sugar, etc.
Indeed at the beginning you must be in manual mode for a season for the bomb to "learn" how is your body and reactions.Then, in automatic mode, she makes the decisions, and during a season, your endocrine makes the adjustments based on the information you send you with the download of data on your computer, so you do not have to go to consult.
The truth is that since I have it I am much better controlled and my indexes have improved a lot.
If you have any concrete questions, tell me and try to answer you.I have read the manual and I know it quite well.

Manuel Fernández Raposo's profile photo
Manuel Fernández Raposo
03/29/2020 5:01 p.m.

MEDRORONIC MINIMED 670G Insulin Pump Manual:
Link

mamarvazq
03/29/2020 5:37 p.m.

In my case the 670g is luxurious, except at night, which I always wake up between 160-200, I correct at midnight and nothing, and after 5 months I lift myself high, calling Medtronic several times, the only thing they told me clearIt is that I went to manual at night, because the car mode could not infuse so much basal for security (which is fixed in the future 780g).

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
03/29/2020 5:47 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

You have to be adapting and learning a few months, but in automatic mode it is a pass.

I have been with the pump and the sensors (about 3 weeks in automatic), and except some changes that I am making to refine more with the doses in meal bowling, the basal mode is a pass.
My eliminated night hypoglycemia.

The next one to take out, with a little luck should be the artificial pancreas.

JUAN DAVID 's profile photo
JUAN DAVID
03/31/2020 3:01 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.