Freestyle sensor

MercedesL's profile photo   06/12/2020 10:57 p.m.

For a few days I have put the sensor to measure glucose.It is Freestyle and they have told me that I must put it on the arm.Does anyone carry it somewhere else?I'm afraid to stumble with something and take off.
I am a little lost and I would appreciate some guidance.
Thank you.

MercedesL's profile photo
MercedesL
06/12/2020 10:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

There are people who carry it in the highest buttock part (where the rubber of underwear is) or on the thigh at the pocket of the pants, they say that it gives equal values ​​of good, although Abott does not recommend it and inThe case that I was aimed at whenever you carry it in the arm if it does not come in guarantee.For now I have only taken it in the arm during these 3 years that I have been using it.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
06/12/2020 11:36 p.m.

Hello.I, the last two Free I am putting them in the upper buttock (where they have indicated before) and I am delighted with the results.In addition, I find it much more comfortable to take it there.Of course, I put an impermeable dressing to protect it.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
06/13/2020 9:07 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

I carry it in the thigh, in the front, area pocket and very well, comfortable and reliable.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
06/13/2020 9:24 a.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

I am starting to use it on the thighs, where the companions comment and the truth is that it is much more comfortable less blows etc ...

Right now I am suffering erroneous readings but only with the hypos but I think it is the sensor.

I put an example ... 75 in sensor and I have 150 in capillary.

marine's profile photo
marine
06/13/2020 10:39 a.m.

Thank you very much for your indications.
Another doubt, I carry an insulin bomb.Since I have the sensor I must manually put the glucose to calculate the Wizard bolus.
Can there be a problem when pumping the pump with Carelink?
I have the computer spoiled and for the moment I have not been able to pass data or the pump or the sensor.

MercedesL's profile photo
MercedesL
06/13/2020 11:09 a.m.

@Mercedesl, the reader of free 1 or free 2 keep you 4 months;The app in Libreview saves you values ​​of all sensors;And the bomb saves you values ​​of 3 months.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
06/13/2020 2:47 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.