Vitrea and RDP hemorrhage

Nubex's profile photo   06/14/2020 1:34 a.m.

Hello everyone.I confess that I write here because I am very desperate and nobody gives me any answer.

I am 37 years old and diabetes 28 ago. I have had times of all kinds but mostly with bad control (let's 8-9) until I put on the sensors 2 years ago that I have improved a lot.

In December 2019 I made my last background with a diagnosis of mild non -proliferative retinopathy.They told me that I was very quiet because being now controlled would spend a lot of time until I could evolve (if I did, that it could even disappear).

So I was as if I had touched the lottery.In mid -May I began to see tiny spots in the left eye and since there is no primary care I went to the emergency department with vitreous detachment with prerectinian bleeding and traction of the retina.

They make me another background and oct and they tell me the same, that my retinopathy is almost underestimated and that is not related to what happened to me.That "usually happens to myopic people" (I only have 5 diopters).

They give me a laser to "paste the retina" and I'm "so happy."I even stopped seeing the spots.

The following week, I wake up one day without vision virtually none (not stains, but blurred and murky vision) and very scared I return to emergency.They tell me that bleeding has increased.

They see me 3 ophthalmologists in the same hospital all as very strange because they still do not see signs of proliferative retinopathy but of course, they think it must be the most logical reason.But they can't make me angiography because the machine is broken.

They give me 500 laser impacts.My vision does not improve anything.

I return the following week and the same, but this time they put an intravitreous injection.The angiography machine is still broken but this time, suddenly, it tells me (the same ophthalmologist) that I have a very advanced and very serious proliferative retinopathy.

And the other eye?"Ah no, the other is fine."

How you will understand this has generated a very big uncertainty because I don't understand anything.Nobody clarifies me if I have the possibility of recovering the vision or I am going to stay like this, nobody guarantees that the other eye is fine because if according to the background the left I had great, how will I be calm with the right?

Can you develop advanced proliferative retinopathy in less than 6 months?Is the background really for something?

So, at this point I find what I don't know what to do or to expect.Can anyone guide me or tell me your experience?

Thank you very much for reading my story

Nubex's profile photo
Nubex
06/14/2020 1:34 a.m.

▪︎Diabetes tipo 1 desde 1992

They made me a vitrectomy in each eye, in fact, I started to see blood and after several months I kept seeing the blood floating inside the eye.They gave me a laser and they took my vitero, in addition to the intraviteal injections.I do not understand the evolution of the disease but to go from nowhere to all in 6 months, it seems too fast, right?Have you been hit or do impact sport?

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
06/14/2020 1:51 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

Hello.Thank you very much for answering.I did not hit any blow or do any kind of any kind.They told me that they would possibly make me vitrectomy but that as if doing it "there is always time" they were going to wait to see if my blood reabsorbia.I am very concerned about the other eye, because with one I continue to make a more or less normal life, but as the same thing happens to me ...

Have you regained your view totally or partially after vitrectomies?

Nubex's profile photo
Nubex
06/14/2020 2:36 p.m.

▪︎Diabetes tipo 1 desde 1992

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.