Diabetes and flu

Ignasi_p's profile photo   12/08/2018 3:23 p.m.

Last year in Spain about 1,000 person died as a result of the flu.31% of them were people suffering from diabetes.The objective of the flu vaccine is not so much to prevent you from infecting you but the reduction of the risk of serious complications if you are infected.

This year's flu epidemic has not started yet.You are even in time to get vaccinated if you have not done it.

If you are not diabetic but you live with a person who is, that you vaccines can be used to protect her from a possible infection.

And if you read this message when the epidemic has already begun, remember that you can also vaccinate yourself.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
12/08/2018 3:23 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

Thanks for the @ignasi_p reminder, I add some interesting topics about the flu that have been commented, as additional reading.;)

Link
Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
12/08/2018 5:12 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello!!Do you vaccine ???

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/08/2018 9:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Anaisabel I have been vaccinating for about 8 years, I am lucky that they put it at work because we are a risk group and I have not caught flu (I cross my fingers), yes, a couple of colds do not take them away from me nobody.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/09/2018 10:59 a.m.

Yes, I am not a diabetic but I also fake myself after the fear I spent with the last one.There is a lot of flu A.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/09/2018 1:20 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have never vaccinated.In my work we also vaccinate us for risk, but I have always rejected it.My header (now I have another) told me years ago that if I had never passed it and I did not usually cold almost never vaccinated and I have never done it.The other year I will ask again, but I think I will.
Thank you.

Anaisabel
12/09/2018 2:22 p.m.

Remember that if at your home you live with a risk person (in this case a person with diabetes) is also indicated that you empty and in your health center you should not put any problem.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
12/09/2018 2:34 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

No one has put any problem.At work I would put it and the header as well.I have been 17 years old with diabetes and I have not put it because I have not wanted.

Anaisabel
12/09/2018 2:40 p.m.

Anaisabel, the answers have crossed.While I wrote your comment.Of course, if a person does not want to get vaccinated and assume the risk, nothing to object (provided he does not put others at risk).If you want to rethink the vaccination you are still on time.In fact, if the epidemic has already arrived, that is not contraindication to vaccinate you.The vaccine is indicated throughout the period that the virus is circulating.
It is not necessary to say that I am in total disagree with the comment that your doctor gave you (which is also contrary to the recommendations of all scientific societies)

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
12/09/2018 3 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

Thank you.I will rethink it

Anaisabel
12/09/2018 6:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.