{'en': 'Thanks to this for forum for the aid - Father as a child 6 years', 'es': 'Agradecimiento a este por foro por la Ayuda - Padre de niño 6 años'} Image

Thanks to this for forum for the aid - Father as a child 6 years

juantecmapro's profile photo   12/18/2018 6:14 p.m.

Good afternoon,

I am Juan's father of a child with six years, who barely made the debut with type 1 diabetes, precisely on 11/14/2018, now also indicated for us and my entry into this forum is with the mood of understanding andto be able to normalize it in every way.

I would like to thank you for your way of helping in this new adventure for families, and humbly power to contribute our future experience.

Very grateful for accepting us.

juantecmapro's profile photo
juantecmapro
12/18/2018 6:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, do not overwhelm that everything is going well my daughter started with 5 years, now she has 29 and today she had general consultation and analytics and everything is perfect.No trace of complications.Of course, glycosilada was always below 6.5.And it can be achieved being informed.
He has studied away from home, is working and very happy.So you can live happy.
Much encouragement.
By the way, endocrine has not wanted to change insulin, says that, going well, it better not touch it.Keep with Lantus and Humalog.
But maybe he tries with Toujeo and then with Fiasp.I encourage it, because whenever it has changed insulin it has been for the better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/18/2018 7:32 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It regulates thank you very much for your comments and for support, the truth is that right now is a burden, I do not want to imagine 25 years ago and they are very small, although my son is responsible within his age, that is our mission to normalize his life.
These days ago he has had what they call him a honeymoon and we have almost not injected Humalog, now almost all meals and I think we do it well ???In what has not changed in his day to day with his sister, but my wife and I have days ... I do not know if it will be invoiced ...
Thank you very much again and it is also a relief ...

juantecmapro
12/19/2018 11:49 a.m.

Good afternoon @juantecmapro, as I always say I would have liked to meet you taking some reeds and covers on some terrace with the children playing, but well it has been here.

This forum is characterized by trying to be very controlled and verify all the information that is usually set, although it may once escape something and thanks to the complaints of the users because it is moderate, here we are a great team.

I particularly have diabetes over 33 years old, I started at age 13 and at present I have absolutely any type of complication or affected anything about my body, having operated myopia three years, with a very good healing today even todayBest of many people who have no diabetes.

You will hear perhaps people you say are happy for having diabetes, I will never say that or like to listen to it because I could take care of myself without having it and live something better.

Diabetes is a disease (who says it is not cheated) that at the beginning all the potatoes almost always (mine happened also) because it creates their overwhelming as you say that it happens to you, what you say fromThat you have days and days is normal, it does not happen to you alone either, it is something that carries and not little.

The formation of diabetes can have the extension one wants, because every day you can learn, but be careful what you read since doctors are for something and we are not the majority doctors.

The only thing I tell you is that you have a lot, a lot of patience, even more, that you try to form everything you can but with head because it can explode so much information received at once.

It is said, it is said that people who have diabetes are great warriors, this I consider that it is true, because we have our goals equal than those of people who do not have diabetes and we want or do not cost us more than other people, butIs that with diabetes you can't?Of course, you can with training, will and knowing how to lift us after each clear fall that can be.You still have very variable times of your little warrior that you will have to overcome and each stage has its complications in our world.

When your little one begins to dream, to want to do things that you say "uffffff and if something happens?"You never stop it, simply make sure you have the right formation and encourage it even if you have to close your eyes and bite your tongue, encourage you to get the dreams of all kinds that you have because both of you and you will load your eyes for having achieved it.

Very surely it will once happen when I grow that you as parents and for their behavior and look that you are suffering a hypoglycemia and you will say something please, keep in mind that it may not be taken, it is something that happens to us toMany, enough that they tell us not to do it and you will say, then what to do?because if it happens to simply do it something very normal that this hypoglycemia happens do not put faces of worries and if you have to remove one of the two a little so that you do not notice you in the face I would do it because it can ever be to be done forDon't worry.

And after all this that I have told you only to give you a very strong hug and tell you that here in the forum there will always be someone that will help you even if it is only listening.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/19/2018 8:57 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Jorge, you don't know what we appreciate these words that coming from someone who knows what my little girl is living and what is lived as a father, excited and strengthened I reread your words, a big hug

juantecmapro
12/20/2018 12:14 a.m.

As you say, the implications that a child with diabetes has you understand if you have a son with diabetes ... so much encouragement for the whole family and you will see how everything is normalized, and of course this forum helped you aMug just as it helps me.

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
12/23/2018 9:41 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

Thank you so much

juantecmapro
12/24/2018 2:12 a.m.

regina said:
hello, do not overwhelm that everything is going well my daughter started with 5 years, now she has 29 and today she had a general consultation and analytical consultation and everything is perfect.No trace of complications.Of course, glycosilada was always below 6.5.And it can be achieved being informed.
He has studied away from home, is working and very happy.So you can live happy.
Much encouragement.
By the way, endocrine has not wanted to change insulin, says that, going well, it better not touch it.Keep with Lantus and Humalog.
But maybe he tries with Toujeo and then with Fiasp.I encourage it, because whenever it has changed insulin it has been for the better.

juantecmapro said:
thank you very much

Hi Regina!My son debuted 3 months ago but everything is a roller coaster ... at night he plants in 360 and a day he can have 1 or 2 hypos ... we suspect that the levimir does not do well ... My question is: howCan we maintain good values?I see your comment and I can't help dreaming with some glycades like your daughter's ... (By the way, mine has 5 years).I know that is the secret for not having complications in the long run but we don't have it yet.The first gyrose of the debut was 10.6 and after the treatment it is 7.6 but it is not good since it has many hypos ... I hope you can give me some tips given your experience !!Thank you so much!!

MamidAdam's profile photo
MamidAdam
12/30/2018 11:15 a.m.

@Mamidadam There is no secret to controlled the optimal glycemia threshold.It is proof and error.
As Use Levemir you have the problem that does not cover 24 hours a day, depending on the time you put it, you will have values ​​at the end of your action curve.They recommend putting it at night but in children you can give you a hypo at dawn.Advance a little, peak at 3 hours of injecting it.

You are doing it well, Glyc has improved a lot.
I encourage, in a short time you will know everything about diabetes and files X.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/30/2018 1:44 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia Hello!We put Levimir 9-0-5 and late in the afternoon and during the nights it is too high ... no matter how bowling there is no way to lower it ...

MamidAdam
12/30/2018 2 p.m.

@Mamidadam, children need more doses as they grow and when the honeymoon is run out of them, which is usually shortly after the diagnosis.
I suppose the endocrine will have given you some guidelines to increase dose.In young children it is better to increase halfway into half unity, and wait two days to readjust.
Fit the slow one first.There are times when the slow upload, you have to lower the rapids ..
Yes, he wakes up high, go up the Emir from the night, if he arrives high at dinner, go up the day of the day, and the rapid that controls the post below 180 ..
With two doses of slow, it is not easy, but it will change to more stable insulins. We are 7 in such young children are very good.You are doing it perfect.
Much encouragement!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/30/2018 2:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Are you getting fast at meals?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/30/2018 2:27 p.m.

@Regina Hi!If, since he debuted he has been quick and slow, he has not gone through the honeymoon period ... They have spoken to me very well about threeiba and I would like them to change me, apart from reducing a puncture to theday that is always positive for children and adults ... Your daughter started directly with Lantus?Thank you!

MamidAdam
12/30/2018 2:32 p.m.

When my daughter started there were no insulin.The slow one made a peak at meals and had to eat right at that time .., and hypos at night ,,.I don't want to remember.Going to the slow plain was a blessing
Now there is Toujeo and Tresiba, but I don't know if they are tested in children.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/31/2018 12:16 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.