New and baffled

jazz's profile photo   12/28/2018 6:59 p.m.

Hello, I am new on this site and relatively new on the issue of diabetes.
I was diagnosed with 280 on an empty stomach, the detail is that my doctor only gave me the treatment, but I did not gain anyone else, right now I know that I should go with an endocrinologist or internist, however right now for my economic possibilities I do not see it possible.I really feel alone, and my husband does not seem to understand what happens to me.Greetings from Monterrey, Mexico.

jazz's profile photo
jazz
12/28/2018 6:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome!
First of all, did they give you medical material, they told you where to get it and what do you have to use?Like a glucometer, insulin/pills, etc?What kind of diabetes do you have?

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
12/28/2018 9:16 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

I was prescribed Metformin of 850 mg Half pill with each food (lunch, food and dinner) and insulin now I am with 30 units with lunch and 13 with dinner.That if they provide it to me.I had to buy needles, alcohol and cotton to clean the area to inject and went with a nurse to explain how to manage it.I am type 2

jazz's profile photo
jazz
12/29/2018 8:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.