{'en': 'Cold on feet and legs', 'es': 'Frío en pies y piernas'} Image

Cold on feet and legs

Tyler's profile photo   01/01/2019 7:46 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I have been noticing cold on my legs and feet for a few months, especially in the left leg and foot, more towards the outside of these.

I ended up going to the neurologist, who before asking me for evidence already advanced to me that they would go well (he said he would ask for my tranquility).

They made me a brain magnetic resonance and an electromyogram.Both tests went well, within normal values.So according to this, today I am well of my nerves and I have no neuropathy.

Since I have type 1 diabetes (May 2015), I have become more hypochondriac.I am at a point that happened really badly on a day -to -day basis, everything that happens to me in my body I think is a complication.

If I see blurry, I think I have retinopathy and that I will be blind, if I sleep a leg or notice some tingling, I convince myself that I have neuropathy ...

They told me that I have nothing and that I was calm and relax me.That should have calmed me, but the case is that I still notice these symptoms.I try to convince me that we are in winter and that it is normal, that the tests went well ... but I ended up having terrible psychological crises.

I have no pain, but quite cold and it bothers me.I don't know what to think.I try to believe that everything is in my head, or that it may be due to what work and support more than the other ... but I no longer believe it is a mental issue when I am noticing very real symptoms.

When it happens to me, I start to come down thinking the worst.

My conclusion is that I am suffering from nerves, but that the tests have not yet been able to detect them, but I do begin to have these symptoms that over time can become pain, loss of sensitivity, etc.

What do you think?

A hug and that this year is bearable next to diabetes.

Tyler's profile photo
Tyler
01/01/2019 7:46 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015 | Accu - Chek Aviva Expert | Fiasp + Toujeo

With such little disease time even if you take it very badly controlled it would be very unlikely that you had complications so calm.If you have also tested and everything is fine, you should not worry inecesarily.
Try to have the glucose as well as possible and lead a healthy life that is the best way to avoid the problems associated with diabetes.And do not overwhelm because stress is not going to help you at all.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/01/2019 11:23 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Being cold can be a symptom of hypothyroidism, but that would be ruled out by the analysis.
If the tests have gone well, you have nothing neuropathy.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/02/2019 1:20 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much for the answers @yessica_a and @regina, the truth is that I am calmer after reading.The last hemoglobin went well, but that was a few months ago and since then I have been more stressed and it has cost me to be as good as in the summer.

In the last analytics, nothing of thyroid came out, yet and we will see how the next ones.I will talk to the endocrine, to see if she can illuminate me about why I have these signs.

Thanks and hugs to both.either:)

Tyler's profile photo
Tyler
01/02/2019 6:40 p.m.

I think it's more your head than anything else ;-)
Quiet, surely you don't have any ailment derived from diabetes yet.
I also debuted E 2015, now in January they will do 4 years and without complications.My glyc is 5.7 or 6, according to months.

I am cold as you, in arms and legs, but it is because I suffer from Raynaud's syndrome for years and over time it worsens.
If you are still worried, I would tell you to be hematology to review the blood irrigation or if you have any circulatory problems, but all this is foreign to diabetes

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/02/2019 9:10 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Your comment is also reassuring.:) It is hard for me to be as good as you.

I take note and, after looking at the subject, we will throw out the circulatory, to see if something that explains all this comes out.I am also very tremendous and hysterical, the truth be said, hehehe.But it is true that it worries me, so I will keep looking until I find the key or stay calm.

Thanks @ruthbia, a hug.;)

Tyler's profile photo
Tyler
01/02/2019 10:55 p.m.

I have been with this backpack for almost 35 years, glycos of up to 8.5 in long periods .... on average I suppose more than 7 and still without complications, so I would tell you not to get obsessions .... try to have the most controlledThat you can glycemia, that will always help, but ..... breathe deep and live!

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
01/04/2019 8:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Buff, thank you very much @merchedm, congratulations for those 35 years without complications, hopefully continue like this.And hopefully that too, hehehe.

I recognize that I obsess too much, as I said I think I am becoming a hypochondriac since I have diabetes, many times it helps to be busy not to think and eat my head.You leave me quieter too.:)

Tyler's profile photo
Tyler
01/06/2019 12:10 a.m.

@Tyler I understand you, of course because when they diagnosed me, I had bad luck first.

I left consultation (the analyzes were deprived in a pharmacy and that day I had consult with endocrine) they told me that it was not normal and that I could not play with the other children, because little less that I died right now ...... orThat is what I understood .....

Then I was lucky, I went to the Emergency Department of the Diabetic Unit that had a Red Cross and the panorama improved ... but well, little sincerely.

It cost years to see that I could live, but as I was going to die or I was going to have many health problems ..... because that the controls were no longer good in adolescence.

That is why, little by little continuous with life and although the complications are always present, I know that I was not going to die so young, I still do not know if it will be with many complications, but, when that bridge arrives we will already cross it.

So do not despair and do not overwhelm, let's trust that everything will go well, there are many people with more years of evolution and that they continue well. I also trust that before or after there will be more intelligent and more stable insulins ....

I hope to see it!

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
01/06/2019 10:26 a.m.

Hello!Reading your message I thought I was reading my mind ... calm that if everything has been good for you, you are somatization symptoms.One that has just passed through its second somatization crisis 😥 (or what is called) tells you.It can last you for a while so do not despair and if you see that you still have symptoms, you can try to take something for anxiety.It happened to me three years ago and I was feeling symptoms for 4 months, one behind the other and when I was testing, everything was normal.They did not understand me but I felt the same as you: yes I had symptoms once and led to diabetes, why this time my symptoms was causing them?I did analysis, a resonance in my head, digestive, gynecological, ear tests ... It was hard for me to assume that it was and once I saw everything clear, my body returned to normal.Three years later it has happened to me again.I have done analysis again, gynecologist, electromyogram less than a month ago and all normal.Much better that everything is fine but again my head has caused me all that and for three months I have not been able to realize that it was I who provoked it.I felt tingling in feet and hands, the cold is continuous but throughout the body, tired, that you go out with friends, that you go out with the family, that you read a book ... whatever to have a busy mind and that ball that your head makes more and larger, becomes more and smaller.You'll tell us and I hope everything goes well ... ahhh and the best advice: stop going from one doctor to another and to do tests.Everything's fine.Stay with that and convert.

amandarodriguez's profile photo
amandarodriguez
01/06/2019 10:59 a.m.

Hello!Reading your message I thought I was reading my mind ... calm that if everything has been good for you, you are somatization symptoms.One that has just passed through its second somatization crisis 😥 (or what is called) tells you.It can last you for a while so do not despair and if you see that you still have symptoms, you can try to take something for anxiety.It happened to me three years ago and I was feeling symptoms for 4 months, one behind the other and when I was testing, everything was normal.They did not understand me but I felt the same as you: yes I had symptoms once and led to diabetes, why this time my symptoms was causing them?I did analysis, a resonance in my head, digestive, gynecological, ear tests ... It was hard for me to assume that it was and once I saw everything clear, my body returned to normal.Three years later it has happened to me again.I have done analysis again, gynecologist, electromyogram less than a month ago and all normal.Much better that everything is fine but again my head has caused me all that and for three months I have not been able to realize that it was I who provoked it.I felt tingling in feet and hands, the cold is continuous but throughout the body, tired, that you go out with friends, that you go out with the family, that you read a book ... whatever to have a busy mind and that ball that your head makes more and larger, becomes more and smaller.You'll tell us and I hope everything goes well ... ahhh and the best advice: stop going from one doctor to another and to do tests.Everything's fine.Stay with that and convert.

amandarodriguez's profile photo
amandarodriguez
01/06/2019 10:59 a.m.

Greetings Tyler.
The first thing telling you that it is very little time for diabetes to produce neuropathic damage and as stress said previously does not help you.Try that glycosiladas be good and you will see how everything is good.Do not obsess and enjoy life.Much encouragement and take care of yourself.

Angel Martin Rosa's profile photo
Angel Martin Rosa
01/07/2019 11:02 p.m.

Hello again,

Thank you very much for all the new answers, really, you are leaving me much quieter and I appreciate it from the heart.I agree that it is better to stay busy, in fact it is at that time when I manage to forget a little about the subject and be better.The worst crises go for days or weeks, but it is always usually when I have some more time to go around, it is incredible what can make us feel and sometimes one no longer distinguishes the reality of fiction.

As I said, if I am a hypochondriac, it is clear that everything has been from diabetes and the fact that they are things that one day can happen.One should try to enjoy what you can, but here it is true that we are all afraid that something will happen to us someday.In that sense I recognize that I suffer a lot.Well, I guess we are all the same.To some extent it has its good part and that it does not allow us to relax, although always to some extent, at the time it surpasses us is when we must take a breath and distance.

Hugs and thanks for your words @merchedm, @amandarodriguez and @"Angel Martin Rosa";););););

Tyler's profile photo
Tyler
01/14/2019 12:58 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.