Study in the United States a year insulin -dependent

Liudmila's profile photo   03/06/2020 11:58 a.m.

Hello, my daughter will travel to the United States to study a year.It has type 1 diabetes, it is with fast and slow insulin.It has a sensor.Does anyone know how to ask for enough insulin for the time that will be there?Do we have to look for an American consulate permit to enter your country with large insulin amounts?Please, you have had the experience, share with us!Thank you very much anticipated!

Liudmila's profile photo
Liudmila
03/06/2020 11:58 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Liudmila, I travel several times a year and position insulin for 3 months.In addition to the novorapid charge with many lantus in case the bomb is broken and I have to move on to conventional therapy.I travel through Miami and I have never had any problem.No consulate permission.
And in your health center, (this does not consist of me) presenting plane tickets, maybe I recipe you to get all the insulin.Success for your daughter.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/07/2020 3:45 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Thank you very much, Solaria!Do you know if you can wear free freestyle sensors in large quantities, will it have a problem at airport?Thanks from the heart!

Liudmila's profile photo
Liudmila
03/07/2020 4:09 p.m.

@Liudmila, no problem.
I travel with two cabin bags full of diabetes.Fast and slow insulins for 3 months.All the fungibles of the pump.SensorsNeedlesReactive strips glycemia and ketones.GlukometersI already tell you, two suitcases.In addition to countless rhinitis, use 5 types: Avamys, Ebastina, Salbutamol, Budesonide, Atarax.
B12 pills, vitamin D, Ebastinas, lactase pills.Well, a complete pharmacy.And there are no problems.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/07/2020 4:27 p.m.

@Liudmila, remember, insulin, reactive strips and sensors in cabin suitcase, never in the winery.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/07/2020 4:29 p.m.

Thank you!!!

Liudmila's profile photo
Liudmila
03/07/2020 5:32 p.m.

Liudmila my sister lives in Mexico and comes every year or two years, it takes everything from Spain, without problem and my nephew studies in England and alone.It comes at Christmas, everything also takes it without problems.

MissDasy's profile photo
MissDasy
03/09/2020 9:25 a.m.

Thank you very much, Missdasy!

Liudmila's profile photo
Liudmila
03/09/2020 10:14 a.m.

solar said:
@liudmila, I travel several times a year and position insulin for 3 months.In addition to the novorapid charge with many lantus in case the bomb is broken and I have to move on to conventional therapy.I travel through Miami and I have never had any problem.No consulate permission.
And in your health center, (this does not consist of me) presenting plane tickets, maybe I recipe you to get all the insulin.Success for your daughter.Greetings.

Hello:
I would like to ask you, what do you do with the Lantus you don't use?
Or do you spend the a posteriori?

Greetings

chamus1978's profile photo
chamus1978
04/19/2020 8:12 a.m.

@chamus1978, they beat me and I shot them.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
04/19/2020 11:50 a.m.

In hospitals they also pull the pen, I explain:
They do use a ball with a patient and they have discharged it, the pen is thrown away, because it would be antihigienic to use it in another person still changing the needle.
All this seems to me a waste of materials and resources.
Hospitals should use glass bottles and needles as used before.
In our hand is making good use of resources, we may not have these advantages one day.

Greetings

chamus1978's profile photo
chamus1978
04/19/2020 4:53 p.m.

Needles like the before !!!How cruel

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/19/2020 5:23 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.