Toujeo dose

Omar25's profile photo   01/19/2019 1:33 p.m.

What would be the dose to start using toujeo for type 1 diabetics that does not have insulin reserves, since I have seen that they start with 0.4xkg in my case 78kg weight then would start with 31 units?Or do I need more basal insulin for not having insulin reserves?I currently use 46 units of toujeo, is it a lot of dose of toujeo to start?
Thank you

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/19/2019 1:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You yourself will realize if there are many or few doses of toujeo, if between hours the blood glucose is continuously lowering will be many and if the blood glucose rises you will be few, in addition to this you have to take into account your diet, work activity, work activity, work activity,social, sports etc ...

But all this has to teach your nursing or endocrin@, we can only give you a small orientation or what works well for us but what works well for me does not have to be good for you.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/19/2019 1:54 p.m.

sigsauer said:
yourself you will realize if there are many or few doses of toujeo, if between hours the blood glucose is continuously going down will be many and if the blood glucose rises will be few, in addition, in addition, in additionFrom this we must take into account your food, work, social, sports activity etc ...

But all this has to teach your nursing or endocrin@, we can only give you a small orientation or what works well for us but what works well for me does not have to be good for you.-

What happens that I have a doubt, for example one day before I sleep I was 250 and when I woke up I had 150, without injecting quick insulin, at night I practically lowered 100 glucose, then if I had slept with 150 I would have had a hypoglycemia of50?

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/19/2019 1:59 p.m.

It does not have why, diabetes are not math 2+2 are not always 4.- It depends on what you will have dinner that night, the activity or sport before going to sleep etc, etc, etc ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/19/2019 2:15 p.m.

sigsauer said:
does not have why diabetes are not mathematics 2+2 are not always 4.- It depends on what you will have dinner that night, the activity or sport before going to sleep etc,etc, etc ...

But the strange thing I did not exercise, or physical activity, and I do not understand why 100 glucose lowers me on one night

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/19/2019 2:19 p.m.

If it happens for several days, you have a lot of toujeo, 1 day can happen to anyone.- Consult it with your medic@

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/19/2019 2:41 p.m.

sigsauer said:
If it happens for several days is that you have a lot of toujeo, 1 day can happen to anyone.- Consult it with your medic@

I am type 1 diabetic my age I am 25 years old and my weight is 78kg and the dose I use is 46 units of toujeo, is a lot of toujeo insulin for my type of diabetes and my weight?

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/19/2019 3 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.