Diabetes and work

Adrian27's profile photo   07/15/2020 1:24 a.m.

Hello everyone!I am new here and I want to expose my situation, I have type 1 diabetes since the age of 7, now I have 27 and I have always been very well controlled, I notice the descent and everything, it turns out that in my day to day I find myself better with 160-180That for example with 120, when I am in 100 it is like my body wants to start warning that the blood glucose is going down .. I don't know if I explain.So, when I am at work, since I work in the metallurgy sector and physical efforts are usually made, I am operating at a milling machine, and it is of high load, I am usually in 200-250 because I know that due to those effortsPhysical is going to lower glycemia very quickly ... how could I control this glycemia at work?I know it is difficult but I don't want anything serious to happen to me for always being in 180-200, I am not during the whole day or anything but I want to see if you can help.What does it affect in everyday life be in approximately 180 always?My last glycosilada like this was 7.4

Thank you very much!

Adrian27's profile photo
Adrian27
07/15/2020 1:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, welcome!What insulin do you use?
Maybe you get too slow if you get so much.With flat insulins you should not have those descents, so strong.
You could also stay a little lower and take some hydrate or drink something sugary if it goes down a lot.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/15/2020 3:34 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

adrian27 said:
Hello everyone!I am new here and I want to expose my situation, I have type 1 diabetes since the age of 7, now I have 27 and I have always been very well controlled, I notice the descent and everything, it turns out that in my day to day I find myself better with 160-180That for example with 120, when I am in 100 it is like my body wants to start warning that the blood glucose is going down .. I don't know if I explain.So, when I am at work, since I work in the metallurgy sector and physical efforts are usually made, I am operating at a milling machine, and it is of high load, I am usually in 200-250 because I know that due to those effortsPhysical is going to lower glycemia very quickly ... how could I control this glycemia at work?I know it is difficult but I don't want anything serious to happen to me for always being in 180-200, I am not during the whole day or anything but I want to see if you can help.What does it affect in everyday life be in approximately 180 always?My last glycosilada like this was 7.4

Thank you very much to all!
😅😅yjjy

Adrián good, I also worked in Caldereria and it happened to me how you.Now with the patches and the mobile you have a large advantage and you must take advantage of it to anticipate the descents, my sewing is patch-discovered and energy contribution to contrast a descent (preferably fruit) and some chocolate bar in case the descentIt is strong and the fruit is left

chamus1978's profile photo
chamus1978
07/15/2020 8:08 a.m.

adrian27 said:

Adrián good, I also worked in Caldereria and it happened to me how you.Now with the patches and the mobile you have a large advantage and you must take advantage of it to anticipate the descents, my sewing is patch-motor and energy contribution to if you suffer a descent (preferably fruit) also some chocolate bar in itselfShe is very pronounced and to be calm that you have a remedy before an unforeseen event.
On being better in 180 than in 100, it is because your body is accustomed to those figures and you have to get out of there.Hemoglobin above 7 begins the risk of damage to the body.Start doing aerobic sports 3 or at least 4 times a week.Greetings

chamus1978's profile photo
chamus1978
07/15/2020 8:13 a.m.

adrian27 said:

I believe that the best is undoubtedly a continuous meter or flasThe trend arrows, p. If you have 100 but with the arrow down, it means that in 30 minutes you are going to be in 40, so you can go ahead and take something, a fruit or two, a bar, whatMay it be.Your glycosylated hemoglobin is not entirely bad but it is recommended to be in less than 7 and the closer to 6, the better, it may be for those high glycemia with which you start.
It is also true what they have told you, I do not know the slow insulin you use, I used Lantus and at first well but then I had many inadvertent hypos, many of them nocturnal, and I had a couple of fat scares and immediately changed, first to Toujeothat I did not get controls the glycemia at dawn, they shot without more and not going down or climbing dose, and now with threeiba, with which I am very happy because it is very flat and I am almost the same all day, as if not it sakes meWith the fast at meals.I advise that, continuous meter or flas and see if the basal insulin you have is adequate for you.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/15/2020 6:28 p.m.

The best thing in these cases is insulin pump with an interstitial meter.SAP therapy (augmented pump sensor).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
07/15/2020 9:08 p.m.

adrian27 said:

Good, removing that I do not work in your same sector (I am in office) we are a tracing role with the sensations, controls and even the glyc that I also had in the latter 7.4

I have changed costing me for now the free2 and it is that it has no.

We feel comfortable because the body gets used to those levels and we know that we have a reaction margin and of course when we lower us to 100 it seems that we are with 60 symptoms and not ... it is the lack of custom.

With the patch and make continuous measurements you can greatly improve your situation even changing what you eat or the insulin you get to make a flatter curve.

When I started using the my average sensor, it was 160, now it is 125 and I reach meals over 100 when it previously arrived over 150-160 and the problem of this is that then the peak of the food comes and plantsin 220-250.

Another thing that you must take into account and you will see it when you make a graph is ... if those high peaks currando give them to overwhelming or it is for something else ..... when I go to the gym I get around +30 For the effort and then being more sensitive I have to lower the dose of insulin at dinner in my case since I train about 20:00

marine's profile photo
marine
07/16/2020 9:19 a.m.

Adrián have you considered changing profession?I have always defended the right that diabetic patients have to exercise the trade or profession that we want, but certainly a diabetic patient cannot perform risk work.I know that I can seem negative but you cannot continue sacrificing your health for conserving a job, those constant glucose levels are wreaking havoc in your body, we all know that diabetes is a silent enemy that is always working against us but we control it.
You never know at what time you will begin to suffer a flu or suffer an infection that makes you fall into a crisis.You should change jobs.

MARIZUJIMENEZH's profile photo
MARIZUJIMENEZH
08/14/2020 7:18 a.m.

marine said:
adrian27 said:
hello everyone!I am new here and I want to expose my situation, I have type 1 diabetes since the age of 7, now I have 27 and I have always been very well controlled, I notice the descent and everything, it turns out that in my day to day I find myself better with 160-180That for example with 120, when I am in 100 it is like my body wants to start warning that the blood glucose is going down .. I don't know if I explain.So, when I am at work, since I work in the metallurgy sector and physical efforts are usually made, I am operating at a milling machine, and it is of high load, I am usually in 200-250 because I know that due to those effortsPhysical is going to lower glycemia very quickly ... how could I control this glycemia at work?I know it is difficult but I don't want anything serious to happen to me for always being in 180-200, I am not during the whole day or anything but I want to see if you can help.What does it affect in everyday life be in approximately 180 always?My last glycosilada like this was 7.4

Good, removing that I do not work in your same sector (I am in office) we are a tracing role with the sensations, controls and even the glyc that I also had in the latter 7.4

We feel comfortable because the body gets used to those levels and we know that we have a reaction margin and of course when we lower us to 100 it seems that we are with 60 symptoms and not ... it is the lack of custom.

With the patch and make continuous measurements you can greatly improve your situation even changing what you eat or the insulin you get to make a flatter curve.

When I started using the my average sensor, it was 160, now it is 125 and I reach meals over 100 when it previously arrived over 150-160 and the problem of this is that then the peak of the food comes and plantsin 220-250.

Another thing that you must take into account and you will see it when you make a graph is ... if those high peaks currando give them to overwhelming or it is for something else ..... when I go to the gym I get around +30 For the effort and then being more sensitive I have to lower the dose of insulin at dinner in my case since I train at 20:00

marine said:
adrian27 said:
adrian27 said:
hello everyone!I am new here and I want to expose my situation, I have type 1 diabetes since the age of 7, now I have 27 and I have always been very well controlled, I notice the descent and everything, it turns out that in my day to day I find myself better with 160-180That for example with 120, when I am in 100 it is like my body wants to start warning that the blood glucose is going down .. I don't know if I explain.So, when I am at work, since I work in the metallurgy sector and physical efforts are usually made, I am operating at a milling machine, and it is of high load, I am usually in 200-250 because I know that due to those effortsPhysical is going to lower glycemia very quickly ... how could I control this glycemia at work?I know it is difficult but I don't want anything serious to happen to me for always being in 180-200, I am not during the whole day or anything but I want to see if you can help.What does it affect in everyday life be in approximately 180 always?My last glycosilada like this was 7.4

We feel comfortable because the body gets used to those levels and we know what we haveReaction margin and of course when we lower us to 100 it seems that we are with 60 symptoms and not .... it is the lack of custom.

Another thing that you must take into account and you will see it when you make a graph is ... if those high peaks currando give them to overwhelming or it is for something else ..... when I go to the gym I get around +30 For the effort and then being more sensitive I have to lower the dose of insulin at dinner in my case since I train at 20:00

Hello!I am with @marine I would use a continuous measurement sensor like freestyle.
I spent many years with the feeling of the beginning of hypoglycemia with 90-100 ... but it is because your body gets used to other levels in which it feels "comfortable" and warns you in advance.
When I started taking the patches I realized what my dra told me.and that about 70 began the hypo.

I work in another sector, but the sensor gives me a lot of security.Apart from I always carry something to eat and that it is quick but not excessive up and I give it a snack if I see that I approach the limit but it still remains for the food ...

Hemoglobin is acceptable, but it is true that those 200-250 peaks do not have good in the long run ...

Mood @adrian27

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
08/17/2020 9:45 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.