Toujeo dose

Omar25's profile photo   01/20/2019 9:27 a.m.

Use 43 units of toujeo, I am type 1 diabetic since the age of 11 I have 25 pesos 78 kg, is a lot of basal insulin for my type of diabetes pesos and age?

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/20/2019 9:27 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I imagine that dose will be scheduled by your endocrine.
You will have to assess whether basal dose is left if during the day you have hyperglycemia or hyperglycemia not related to the rapid insulin dose that you put in meals, that is, that they do not occur in the 3 hours after having put the quick to eat.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
01/20/2019 11:14 a.m.

mjsm said:
I imagine that dose will be scheduled by your endocrine.
You will have to assess whether basal dose is left if during the day you have hyperglycemia or hyperglycemia not related to the rapid insulin dose that you put in meals, that is, that they do not occur in the 3 hours after having put the quick to eat.

I had 46 units the detail that for example had to sleep with 250 to wake up having 130, without applying quickly and without exercising, then may it be the basal?

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/20/2019 11:22 a.m.

If, in that case the insulin that acts is the basal.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
01/20/2019 11:38 a.m.

mjsm said:

Thank you very much I am with the dose of 43u basal toujeo and I see that it is more stable but with more hyperglycemia, maybe now it has to climb fast
Thanks 😊

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/20/2019 11:39 a.m.

mjsm said:

Thank you very much I am with the dose of 43u basal toujeo and I see that it is more stable but with more hyperglycemia, maybe now it has to climb fast
Thanks 😊

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/20/2019 11:39 a.m.

If you wake up below 130mg/dl with 43 units of Toujeo, you have it well calculated.
You can put 41 units and see if you upload a lot.
It also depends on what Cenes.If you eat fat, at 3 hours your blood glucose will upload at night and the basal does not metabolize everything with which you can get up a little higher.
It is proof and error as you will know.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/21/2019 7:24 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.