{'en': 'Could anyone stretch the free1 sensors?', 'es': 'Alguien pudo estirar los sensores del Free1?'} Image

Could anyone stretch the free1 sensors?

Dani Se's profile photo   07/19/2020 10:44 p.m.

Hello,

I am Daniela, my 8 -year -old son of Tomás uses Free with Miao Miao2 and XDrip.

A few weeks ago I have been reading people who stretch the sensors.

Once I opened a free and his battery was intact, I read of people who stretched it 14 more days.I imagine will also depend on the dermatological, but with being able to stretch it 6 more days, for my son it would be a relief, the change every 20 days.

You have to have a master's degree with NFC.Has anyone succeeded?

In the next change I will try !!!!

Thank you!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
07/19/2020 10:44 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

ABBOTT sensors can lengthen a few hours (less than 24) with the XDrip+app.
Dexcom sensors can lengthen several days (typically more than 14) applying some "tricks."

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
07/20/2020 12:19 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Recently that Free sensors also stretch.There are people who already use it another 14 days, if your skin allows it ... I with 6 days more comforted it would be a relief for my son to change the free every 20 days.Look on Instagram Pirate pancreas and there is all the information.Or on Facebook Edropletnfc

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
07/20/2020 12:22 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

dani se said:
recently that free sensors also stretch.There are people who already use it another 14 days, if your skin allows it ... I with 6 days more comforted it would be a relief for my son to change the free every 20 days.Look on Instagram Pirate pancreas and there is all the information.Or on Facebook Edropletnfc

That is very interesting.I (and I also believe that others) had no idea about that.Thanks for sharing it.I will investigate it when I run out of this sensor and comment on my experience.A priori, it seems simple.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
07/20/2020 12:32 a.m.

When I try, at the end of this sensor, I will share my experience!I hope it's good !!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
07/20/2020 12:36 a.m.

Argentina

dani se said:
when I try, at the end of this sensor, I will share my experience!I hope it's good !!

According to those sources, people have worked without problems.I have already downloaded the app, just in case (Abbott usually demands quickly and knocking down many parts on the Internet).Surely we will get it 🙂

DavidAG2000
07/20/2020 12:38 a.m.

I did not know this method, but who wishes to try, here are the instructions:
Link

Note: This method does not work.

mamarvazq
07/20/2020 9:41 p.m.

Mamarvazq said:
I did not know this method, but who wishes to try, here are the instructions:
Link

But if you take it off, you can't put it again ...

DavidAG2000
07/20/2020 9:51 p.m.

I think this should be done with the sensor placed.In the video it is not placed to be able to make the recording.

mamarvazq
07/20/2020 11:48 p.m.

Mamarvazq said:
I think this should be done with the sensor placed.In the video it is not placed to be able to make the recording.

I don't know, although it would be logical.I have only commented on what I have seen.

DavidAG2000
07/20/2020 11:51 p.m.

I just read how the use of free freestyle sensors can be extended (version 1) of Abbott, although I don't think he has a lotand is financed in many countries (with the possibility of sending it to your home or the desired address).In addition, here in Spain, there are very few free sensors1 (August 2020).

Well, it turns out that some "friquis" of Poland have developed an application (called "Edropletnfc", available for iOS 13.0 or superior [in the Apple Store] and for Android [without specifying the version, but it could be 8.0 or superior and notFind in the Google Play, although at Link and in both cases at a price of about 5 US dollars [approximately]).
This application offers three possibilities: reading (not glucose), reset and activation (with the typical one hour).
If everything works well, when we squeeze the reset button (and after about three seconds), we will have the sensor as it came out of the factory (with its 14 days and obviously it has not been withdrawn from where we have it put it).Then it must be initialized with our reader / LibreLink / xDrip / Glimp or whatever we are using.An hour of "warming" must also pass.

Finally, its creators warn that a sensor reset with its app could be exhausted early (14 days) and/or not being as reliable as a new sensor (it must be taken into account that the chemical [enzymatic process] and the stackof silver oxide [V377] that are inside the sensor / patch are exhausted over time).

mamarvazq
07/21/2020 3:27 p.m.

For iOS is no longer in the Apple Store, or has been withdrawn.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
07/26/2020 11:29 a.m.

It is no longer in Apple Store.Enter Pirate on Instagram and ask for the app or x Facebook to Edropletnfc

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
07/26/2020 11:11 p.m.

Argentina

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.