Is it normal ??

Alba Aguilera Pérez's profile photo   03/11/2020 6:22 p.m.

Hello, I am new in this world and I have a question, yesterday I took my glucose and I was 161 after eating, as I am new I take it every hour, well because at 20 minutes it was in 89, it is normal that in the time I did not go down neitherYes suddenly ???

Alba Aguilera Pérez's profile photo
Alba Aguilera Pérez
03/11/2020 6:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is normal during the honeymoon period (first months after diagnosis) and especially with the constant readjustment of medication.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
03/11/2020 7:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@alba Aguilera Pérez

Take controls every hour!I think it is excessive and not necessary.
Get a control before eating and the next at 2 or 3 hours.And that's it.If you do controls in the midst of digestion (what we call the postpandral) can anything come out.You have to wait after eating between 2-3 h.And of course get a control just before sleeping.

If you can ask your endocrine to prescribe a sensor.You will improve the quality of life and your fingers will thank you.

Greetings and do not hesitate to ask all the doubts you have.At first it is not easy.I have been 2 years and I'm still a rookie

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/11/2020 8:04 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.