Night hypoglycemia unused basal?

rociohugo's profile photo   03/15/2020 1:52 p.m.

Hello good morning;I have a 5 -year -old boy who debuted with 19 months in a coma ... Thank God we could get out of it ... At first they prescribed feathers .. in which his hem could be in 6.1 when he turned 3 years old they advised us to putInsulin bomb for the small doses that could be put on .. Hemo has been up to 8.3 ... in the root of this ... we have removed the pump ... but lately it has night drops of 40 and45 ... we have decided not to put slow ... and keep going down .. I try to lie with 200 because I know that at midnight ... I would need 3 minimum glucose envelopes or a juice or smoothie brick. (I clarify that beforeTo go to bed I give cookies and milk to bed half high;when it is not so .. we have requested a change of hospital;

Does anyone happen to anyone or to it?
What can I do so that it is not hypoglycemia?give food?put basal in the morning?(still has hypos at night)
Thanks for reading me !!!
A desperate breast all help will be well received and read !!!

rociohugo's profile photo
rociohugo
03/15/2020 1:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @rociohugo:
What is happening to your child is known by the name of anti-alba phenomenon (yes, anti-alba phenomenon of children [nocturnal hypoglycemia at the time of dawn]).
It differs from the Alba phenomenon (teenagers and adults) in which a daily amount of insulin is needed, as shown in this graph:
daily insulin needs according to the age Link style = "max-Width: 300px;
To solve this problem, you will have an alarm to three or four in the morning (with the sensor and the routines that your child does, you can refine more) and give it a glass of milk (200 ml) and a couple of cookies Maria(16gr);This would have to be enough;and prevents you to go to 200 !!!(There is the so -called metabolic memory that is not exactly good).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
03/15/2020 10:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @rociohugo, you will surely have given the solution.What slow do you put, Levemir?
My son spent a while without slow at night, because at about 6:00 in the morning he entered Hicm, through the antialba phenomenon as they have commented very well, but of course I had insulin.So putting a praying once a day only (at 8:00) it was solved.
I understand that you measure him by capillary that you already know that the sensors sleeping how you lean on them are very traiccioneros,

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
04/11/2020 1:27 a.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

, Check the measure with a glucometer, that the sensor may not be accurate ...
Without slow, is it okay?Do you wake up well?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/11/2020 8:27 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.