I'm new and I have many doubts

Natxito's profile photo   03/19/2020 12:46 p.m.

Hello everyone
A few days ago I met this forum and I find it very interesting, to be able to read and learn from people with the same disease as I seem super interesting.So here I am to help you in how little I know about diabetes and above all ask you for help and advice.
Last Christmas day I entered the hospital with a strong pneumonia and that was when it debuts with 345, I was diagnosed with type2 diabetes and heart failure, from that day and after 16 days in hospital began my new life and until today.
The truth is that I take great care, I think so .. I have already lost 23kg and I continue with my diet and my heart pills.
Right now I am waiting for an appointment with the endocrine, but I ask you any questions.
At night I put 29 of Lantus, I leave you the values ​​of yesterday pear that you tell me that you think because lately I obsess a lot trying to know if my sugar is correct.
0.05 - 216 (dinner at 21.30 salad 80 gr approx, grilled salmon 80 gr approx, 1 slice of york ham, fresh cheese with cinnamon, 2.5 Biscotes integral dextrin), 1 tangerine
4.43 - 142
10.27 - 148 (about 10.00 a glass of skim milk with, Nescafe Gold, 1 tablespoon of xylitol, 1 Biscote, 1 tangerine)
12.57 - 254
14.12 - 163 (190gr boraja with 40gr of cooked potato, 100gr of grilled breast with 15gr of ham, 1 slogan of Harvati cheese, 4 teaspoons of skimmed yogourt with Stevia)
18.38 - 143
21.05 - 129

My main question is because around 12.00 in the morning I have values ​​of 215-250 (normally breakfast 35 gr of integral oatmeal with a little milk, 1 cup of milk with nescafe and a tablespoon of xylitol, and 1 orange, 1 biscote) at 8.45.

thanks for everything
I will continue asking questions, that I have many doubts, hehehe
greetings
Nacho

Natxito's profile photo
Natxito
03/19/2020 12:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

About 12 are 2 hours after having eaten at 10. Milk, Biscote and Mandarin have carbohydrates and you may need some fast insulin so that it does not do that beak.
But the one who can tell you is your endocrine.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
03/19/2020 12:56 p.m.

@Natxito

In a half you walk a little high all day.Those of noon can be for the Biscote and the Mandarin.It may be that the basal lantus that you put is not enough.As you are type 2, maybe you can combine slow insulin with some pill, and that would help you.Another alternative is that you do like type 1, and combine slow insulin with fast at meals.But better talk to everything with your endocrine.

By the way, the meals that you do are very good.Add some exercise or walk, and maybe you reduce insulin resistance that you have and over time you may even have to reduce slow insulin that you put on.But for now it continues.And eat it to your endocrine to lower those figures.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/19/2020 12:58 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you, would it be to worry with those values?I know that I have to be with the endocrine.
At the moment some advice on the hydrates or type of food that I have, to eat.
My diet since I started is integral oatmeal, fruit and coffee in the morning, vegetables almost every day with white meats and fish and salad with an omelet or fish at night.
I no longer remember a dish of spaghetti, and a good paella ...
Makes a songs that I have the soles of the sensitive feet as with punctures, another great doubt that enters me, in the end ...
At the moment I still do not?Until the visit with the endocrine?
Thank you all

Natxito's profile photo
Natxito
03/19/2020 1:08 p.m.

@Natxito

I think your diet is excellent.Vegetables, white meats, fish.Avoiding food with many saturated fats.Perfect!

The values ​​of glycemia are not good the truth and if that happens for a longer time, say a week or two, I would consider going to the endocrine if you can.If you can't, you can consider exercising, that eats many carbohydrates, and see how you are doing.Or increase by two by two slowly.Wait about three days to increase about three days.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/19/2020 1:16 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

You have a very varied and healthy diet;You insulin fail because you eat hydrates and fats that give the length of high blood glucose levels such as cheese or salmon.
If you keep this diet you need exercise and perhaps some more insulin.His thing is that you are below 140 at 3 hours of eating.

I would reduce breakfast fruit, leave it in 2.5 rations of hydrates (200ml of milk and 3 biscots), food and dinner in 4 portions;For lunch and mid -morning, or do you jump like me, which I do more than 3 meals.

In any case, as soon as we can leave home, consult your endocrine

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/19/2020 5:01 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.