{'en': 'Debut in the middle of the coronavirus: S', 'es': 'Debut en medio del coronavirus :S'} Image

Debut in the middle of the coronavirus: S

sara_vice's profile photo   03/22/2020 7:29 p.m.

Hello everyone, I'm new, my name is Sara, how are you?

I was diagnosed with diabetes 1 a week ago, just the day of starting quarantine.One day I was used to being a healthy girl and the next day I got up being diabetic and Coronavirus risk group!: LOL :: LOL:

I have taken it quite well, I just cried 15 minutes, I cleaned my tears and pa'lante.Zero alcohol, zero sugar, healthy diet and exercise.

What nobody has achieved by Drabes!: Smiley:

The truth is that quarantine is helping me read a lot about the disease and bringing control in house.

Total, that with the virus roll he has not seen me the endocrine, he called me on Monday and told me a thousand things, but I did not find out about Na !!: LOL: The visit is scheduled for April 28, but at this step I will have learned before ...

I am costing me to catch the trick of insulin.Yesterday for example after putting myself 9 slowly, I measured before bed and I was 170, so good, a little high but I didn't worry about hypoglycemia.Today I woke up and I was 50!I have had a coffee with half a tablespoon of sugar and a María.

Well, at 2 hours I was 180, but what is this madness?Ha ha ha!

Anyway, my main question is the counting of rations to know how much fast insulin I have to put on.

Yesterday was until 2 in the morning reading the forum and I saw many links that you sent to learn about it, but I do not finish being clear.

1 ration-& GT;10 gr.of ch.Ok, up there, ok

But does that mean that for each ration I have to put an insulin unit or does the issue of equivalence go like this?

Does each person have to look for yours, or how?

Thank you very much to all!

You helped me a lot yesterday reading the forum, although you also wrapped me, you bastard me.

sara_vice's profile photo
sara_vice
03/22/2020 7:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @sara_vice, the first do not scare yourself ... that we all leave this, you will see it.And from what I see you have a great spirit, so great!
The insulin will explain it better here, that at the moment I do not wear, but each one has a different sensitivity to insulin, and each one has to look for yours.I almost went crazy until I managed to know that a ration was 10gr.of hydrates!They seem nonsense, but we are sometimes made a world ... Surely when you go to consultation you already know a lot about all these issues, welcome to the forum!

cgs's profile photo
cgs
03/22/2020 8:53 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

@sara_vice
Usually, it is considered that 1 ration = 1 fast insulin unit, but depends on each person, their age, their weight, their daily activity (work, studies, exercise, ...), the amount of time with diabetes (moon ofhoney), sex (menstruation, ...), infections, ...
It also depends on the moment of the day, being in the highest morning (1.5 or more), at the lowest noon (around 0.75) and at night it is usually 1.
And remember, only for fast insulin (and depends on each person).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
03/22/2020 9:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@sara_vice

Hello

Welcome to the forum

I think the way you have taken it.Remember that it is like an ultra marathon.This is day by day or rather, food to food.Take it very calm.There are better days and worse days.Be very patient.

Look for your factors, insulin relationship and portions, but keep in mind, that they can change (as you have started you can a honeymoon time, which can last a month, or two or three, it is not known).

Here we are here to help you what we can

Cheer up

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/22/2020 9:40 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello!A recommendation after sunrise so low, put the alarm at 4 and meditate, what slow do you use?
Surely adults and children are different, but in the world of diabetes there are no universal tables, each person works differently and as they even told you during the same day.
My 7 -year -old son has 1 U fast for every 20 ch x the morning and then 1U every 25 ch and at dinner 1U every 30 ch.
And it also depends on the food you eat.There are foods that raise blood glucose very fast and others that make it slower, try to read about glycemic index.If you eat rice, try to be integral, the noodles, baked potatoes, rice you can let it cooked from one day to the other and reheat it, my son works, it is enleted.
Try to eat a salad as first dish, so you go eating pizza, empanadas, my son works very well.You will know how your body reacts to each meal.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
03/22/2020 10:14 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Welcome, Tocaya!

First of all: arm yourself with patience.You are going to have good days, regular days and ugly days, everyone happens to us!The numbers are crazy sometimes, so my advice is that you do not obsess with them because it can be frustrating.

As for rations and fast insulin, each person has some ratios (I, for example, put 2 insulin units per ration in the mornings and 1.5 at noon and at night) and a different insulin sensitivity (thisIt is that each insulin unit lowers you more or less the blood glucose level).In addition, as you have already told you, this can change not only at every moment of the day, also if you are going to exercise or not, of the speed with which the hydrates are absorbed, if you are sick ... you will see how you will findWhat works for you.

There are many concepts, but they are learning little by little.This forum has helped me to know many things that do not tell you in the endocrine consultation.

Courage and here we are for what you need :)

hcsara's profile photo
hcsara
03/23/2020 12:28 p.m.

29 años
DM1 desde 2014
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight + Dexcom G6 + DBLG1 (Diabeloop)

You are doing it very well
They are very normal and very good values ​​to start.Watch the hypos what most.
If you get up at 50, maybe you are on a slow unit.Yes after meals you are more than 180, one quickly goes up.
Yes, slow down, the quick
The most important thing now is that you do not have hypos at night.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/23/2020 12:40 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

And do not believe that insulin has a fixed guideline, at first it is usually variable.
But do not make more than one change per unit a day and wait two days to see the results.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/23/2020 12:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@sara_vice welcome!
The other day I thought about what complicated debut I expected some these days :(
I understand that you were admitted and they will have explained everything more or less, but surely there are very nice people that will surely help you.
All the best.

anif's profile photo
anif
03/23/2020 1:47 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.