{'en': 'How to climb insulin to the plane?', 'es': '¿Cómo subir insulina al avión?'} Image

How to climb insulin to the plane?

Dori's profile photo   01/26/2019 3:04 p.m.

Hi Compis!

I haven't gotten into the forum 😞 but I have a doubt.

And I'm going to ride for the first time by plane and I don't have much idea where I have to put the insulins and others.Yesterday I went to the doctor and made the report, but I didn't know how to take insulin.

My question is whether I can put them in the Neverita or I have to put them in a bag of those transparent ones, also if I can take the ice.

Nor do I know if at the time of going through the security control I have to get everything out or if to pass the backpack in which it takes it it is enough.

Thank you so much!What nerves ...

Dori's profile photo
Dori
01/26/2019 3:04 p.m.

21 años, 10 con diabetes.
20u insulina toujeo por las mañanas. Humalog 4, 6 (5), media mañana y la merienda 3 o 4 y cena 3. Última glicosilada 6,7, sin casi tipos.

There are cold gel bags, which are the best for trips.
In the handbag and without problem.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/26/2019 4:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:

Well, thank you very much !!!The gel bags where can you buy?

Dori's profile photo
Dori
01/26/2019 6:31 p.m.

20u insulina toujeo por las mañanas. Humalog 4, 6 (5), media mañana y la merienda 3 o 4 y cena 3. Última glicosilada 6,7, sin casi tipos.

dori said:
regina said:

Well, thank you very much !!!The gel bags where can you buy?

In any pharmacy you have them, but there they are a bit expensive.I buy them in sports stores, where they sell refrigerators for camping and others.

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
01/27/2019 9:50 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Debut en 2002 con 23 años.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

What price do the bags have?

Macaroja's profile photo
Macaroja
01/27/2019 4:06 p.m.

Me gusta hacer deporte y llevar una vida saludable, salir a correr y correr alguna maratón, montar en bici y juhar al padel.

Look sizes and prices online.Search cold bag.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/27/2019 9:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi, @dori:

In summer I had to take several flights.Insulin was carried in a cold wallet ( Link portfolio, needles and all our diabeistra paraphernalia put them in a large transparent bag, a bag that of course I carried in my bag, nothing to bill the material.When I got to the luggage control, I took the bag and put it in a tray.
In addition, I made a report that I took to the endocrine to sign it.I attach it in case it serves you (you change the images or whatever you need).

They never told me anything.Only one agent asked me what I was carrying in the arm (the MCG).I started explaining and another agent who told his partner approached: "That is to put the insulin."I shut up and didn't say anything else ... ;-)

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
01/28/2019 4:14 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

palomilla said:
hello, @dori:

In summer I had to take several flights.Insulin was carried in a cold wallet ( Link portfolio, needles and all our diabeistra paraphernalia put them in a large transparent bag, a bag that of course I carried in my bag, nothing to bill the material.When I got to the luggage control, I took the bag and put it in a tray.
In addition, I made a report that I took to the endocrine to sign it.I attach it in case it serves you (you change the images or whatever you need).

They never told me anything.Only one agent asked me what I was carrying in the arm (the MCG).I started explaining and another agent who told his partner approached: "That is to put the insulin."I shut up and didn't say anything else ... ;-)

Well, thank you very much !!!I'm going to copy you hahahahahaha
A hug

Dori's profile photo
Dori
01/28/2019 4:56 p.m.

Great to serve you, @dori.:-)

I took the images from the Internet.If you look, to the letterhead of the sheets of the document is copied from Google.What I wanted is that the document seems as official as possible.Of course, when the doctor saw it she signed it without problem because she did not lie at all.
I was going to upload it in Word so you didn't even have to copy the text, but the editor only lets me insert images (is it so, @fer, or is there any way to attach a Doc or PDF?).
A hug.

Palomilla
01/28/2019 5:12 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.

@Palomilla is correct, although I am thinking if there is any way to upload it ... Have you tried to raise the word as an image?

fer's profile photo
fer
01/28/2019 5:16 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer, I have tried, but it doesn't leave me, so what I did was convert the Doc to JPG.
Surely there is a way.We will investigate.;)

Palomilla
01/28/2019 5:21 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.

Now that I think about it, there is URL, just uploading the Doc to Drive or something ...

Palomilla
01/28/2019 5:24 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.

I also carry a cold bag and insulin in the hand suitcase.I have a role provided by dexcom-novalab where they explain that I carry it, in addition to insulin, hydrates, etc ... I never get anything, I have everything well stored in the backpack, they already see it for the scanner, if they want something they ask hehe

I have taken more than 50 airplanes (next week I take another one that I go on vacation to Central America) and only once, years ago, they asked me about insulin (I had been for 4 months).As soon as I said the word insulin said ah ok ok.

So don't worry, you won't have any problem

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
01/29/2019 6:31 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Nunca he tenido problemas en aeropuertos, si bien indico que llevo el Free Style, pues según su manual, no debe pasar el escáner. Me hacen un cacheo manual.
Llevo el siguiente Informe médico:

Informe Médico / Medical Report

Nombre y apellidos / Name and surname: _________________ NIF ____________

• Fecha de nacimiento / Date of Birth: __________

• Fecha de diagnóstico de la diabetes / Date of Diabetes: 09-1981.

• Tipo de diabetes / Type of Diabetes: I.

• Tratamiento habitual / Usual treatment: Insulina / Insulin Humalog, Kwik Pen & Mixtard 30 Innolet.

• El paciente precisa transportar / The patient should carry:

□ Medidor de glucosa y lancetas / glucometer and lancets.
□ Sistema flash de monitorización de glucosa / flash glucose monitoring system FreeStyle Libre.
□ Insulina y agujas / insulin and needles.
□ Glucagón / glucagón.
□ Alimentos o bebidas con carbohidratos / food or drinks with carbohydrates.

Madrid, 24-07-2.018.

Médico/Physician Dr: ________________ CIAS: _______________
Tel: 34 __________

Firma/Signature

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
01/31/2019 12:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much to everyone because everything serves me 😘😘😘 to see how it gives

Dori's profile photo
Dori
01/31/2019 1:07 p.m.

I can assure that the free freestyle sensor does nothing happen with the Madrid airport scanner or with that of the New York JFK.Everything happened in a hand suitcase and no problem.On one occasion, in Venice a insurance told me to take away the bomb.I put what what?And he had to remember some of his instruction because he let me pass quietly.If I have to disconnect from the belly, the mess had been a YouTube video: D

Juan Luis Perez Fernandez's profile photo
Juan Luis Perez Fernandez
02/03/2019 10:29 a.m.

Hello, I take a plane practically every week, I have flown all over the world and I have never had problems, beyond giving some explanation about the insulin bolis (because I usually leave them with the needle put even if it is not the right thing) or thatI cache me to see the freestyle sensor.

I always carry the material on top.

Fortunately, this is an aspect that we cannot complain, travel by plane is no handicap for us.

Have a good trip!

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
02/03/2019 2:16 p.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Tresiba 22 ud por la noche y Fiasp 4-5-5
Freestyle libre desde 2016
Ultima hemo 6.0

On page 68 of the Free Style manual says: Do not pass your sensor through the scanner ...
Is the manual confused or who states otherwise, hasn't you read it?

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
02/03/2019 9:42 p.m.

Well, I have had all the sensors for 3 years and has not given me problems.Surely it is better not to pass them ...

He also says that he does not get more than 30 minutes in the water and I swim 1h followed 2 times a week and I have not had inconvenience

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
02/03/2019 11:07 p.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Tresiba 22 ud por la noche y Fiasp 4-5-5
Freestyle libre desde 2016
Ultima hemo 6.0

I carry it in my wallet, without cold or heat ...

Samuel11489's profile photo
Samuel11489
02/04/2019 12:29 a.m.

DM 1 desde Junio de 1995
Humalog Kwik Pen D-T-N
Tresiba N

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.