{'en': 'They just diagnoses my son', 'es': 'Acaban de diagnosticar a mi hijo'} Image

They just diagnoses my son

lruol's profile photo   03/24/2020 12:12 p.m.

Hello good morning,

A week ago my 19 -month -old son was at the ICU for a diabetic debut, you can imagine what it was for me ...

Like all this pillo in the middle of the coronavirus after 7 days they told me that it was better that I was in my house with him and that he left, that in the hospital he was in danger ..... This clear they told me, they told me neitherYou even come to the visits we will do it on the phone.

And so it was every day, 15 days ago I was diagnosed, I have no idea of ​​diabetes I am studying and trying to know more about the subject my son carries the freestyle, he has 4 of Lantus in the morning and then between 2, 2 andmean and three quickly.

Even and there are days that very well but there are days that in the afternoon or after eating it puts 480 ... and suddenly at 3 hours to 68 ... why?

At night they told me to give him right because he is accustomed to his milk bibi so I give him 200g of Bibi denied and after the bibi he puts himself at 250 or so, and so he passes all night between 190 and 230.

I am 27 years old, I am overwhelmed, I am sad to prick him I have panic to make me hypoglycemia, I do not sleep at night passing the sensor ...

Will one day have normal values?

Or is diabetes so unstable?

I do not know what to talk about the subject I only have been with this for 15 days and I am super overwhelmed, I see it completely uncontrolled, the doses are raising but I do not find the logic when it does so high or descent when it is to 80 that according to the doctor it is aNormal value but being so small they tell me to watch a lot when it starts to be at 100.

So one hundred begins to spread my panic, I give half a cookie Maria without sugars and put me to 300 what happens?

Help I am desperate and very distressed, I have anxiety and panic I would not like him to return to the ICU, I give him a healthy diet and the rations that indicate to me but still without contolar .....

Please empathize with me and give me opinions ... will this always be like that?

Sometimes I think I will not be able to with this ... Is that feeling normal?

Does it go that evil when you diagnose a type 1 diabetes mellitus?

I'm sorry for the parrophon but I had to vent me ...

Thank you so much!!

lruol's profile photo
lruol
03/24/2020 12:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the forum, Iruol.
It is normal that you are overflowas it grows.
The problem in such young children is that both insulin and hydrates affect them many more to be such a small body, I will try to give you some tips from my experience (I have no children with diabetes but I have been having diabetes since childhood)

-Not obsessions with the values ​​that I have after eating, normal always peak up, pass the freestyle at least two hours after eating and insulin, usually the insulin takes between two and three hours to finish making effect,After that time you can look at your glucose.If you say that after three hours it is at 68, it means that the peak is not important, since just as it goes up to eat low.

-If at night the right keeps between 190 and 230, that without moderately stable values ​​and that is fine because it does not upload or lower it, then you should talk to the endocrine about taking a bit of quantity to the right, forthat remained in more values ​​within the range.

-If to stop a hypoglycemia you give him half a cookie and he puts himself in 300 is that you are giving him more, try to give him a room and see if it is enough.

Above all tranquility, this will improve, and you will learn more every day and it will be easier to help your child.Read and study from diabetes everything you can and ask absolutely all the doubts you have during phone consultations.

I hope that one of the moms who have young children with diabetes will pass here to help you too.

Cheer up.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
03/24/2020 2:14 p.m.

You are doing very well, be calm..It is difficult to control with young children, but as they grow it becomes easier.

Take something for anxiety, we all have a very bad time with the debut of our children, but they went ahead without any problem.I do not know if they can give you glucose strips for control and check some values, my daughter does not use the free, but you have to check it with the strips from time to time.
Yes it wakes up well, and has the nights without hypoglycemia, that is the most important
For hypos, juices are better, they are faster.
Quiet, you're going very well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/24/2020 2:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much for answering any word I relieve me now ..... I feel the need to be in contact with people who suffer from diabetes to be able to solve doubts but above all to encourage and feel better I thank you for the heart.

lruol's profile photo
lruol
03/24/2020 10:25 p.m.

@Iruol, a diagnosis of diabetes 1 is always a hard blow.I can only imagine the magnitude of your situation.I promise you that in a short time you will control everything about diabetes.Try to take care of you that you should be well to take care of the baby.Greetings and solidarity hugs.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/25/2020 7:41 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@lruol I will try to reassure you without cheating you.I have a 4 -year -old son with diabetes, they were diagnosed when I was 21 monthsAs each food and insulin shave your child and in the end you will control diabetes, that does not mean that it will never have increases or some hypoglycemia, that is inevitable that from time to time it happens, it is not important that it will happen to act.My son is already much more stable, he usually has good levels and I can assure you that he does the same things as any child of his age, even his piece of cake on birthdays, but that little by little, you don't have to run.And finally, I understand perfectly what you're happening, my wife and I spent it and I thought I could never be happy again, well, almost 3 years later, my son is happy, his brother is happy, my wife is happyAnd I am happy and that half a year ago I was diagnosed with me also type 1 diabetes, with 36 years and both my son and I are well controlled, healthy and happy.Much encouragement that you will see how in a few weeks you will see things every time.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
03/25/2020 11:49 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Thank you all ... you are of great help !!Your experiences and advice are very good at me very well.

Thank you very much.

lruol's profile photo
lruol
03/27/2020 2:01 a.m.

Hello!Peaceful!I also have a baby diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Ufff!The beginning is very difficult, in case we took us for several months to stabilize it, assume it, it is a lot of work between writing down everything, being aware of the symptoms ... but yes, you will learn, everything will accommodate.And it can always be improved.
My baby now has a year and 5 months, with diabetes from 11 months: S
I tell you what served us: to have the basal well adjusted and for the corrections we went down the doses because my BB eats little and the rapid was a lot for him.We were about 300 and at 2 hours 60 and I was wrong, it gave me an attack of anguish and helplessness.You could look if there may be some of that.
I agree with what they tell you about spending the Free Recent at 2 hours of eating, the climb in the curve will do it, at first that would not worry, but reach the next meal without doing hypoglycemia.If not, maybe it's very fast.But all of course consulting the doctor.As each organism is different, the doctor must also learn what works best for each case.He has much to test, adjusting, to the doctor what serves the most is to have the values ​​and the registration of what he ate to propose those adjustments.Over time, we will be experts.At first it also seemed to me something that had no logic, and now I am much quieter.
Much encouragement!

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
03/28/2020 12:08 p.m.

De Argentina.. Debut con 11 meses.. Usamos inyecciones (tresiba y novorrapid). Sensor Freestyle libre 1.
Tenemos pedida bomba Medtronic 670G.

Hello!Peaceful!I also have a baby diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Ufff!The beginning is very difficult, in case we took us for several months to stabilize it, assume it, it is a lot of work between writing down everything, being aware of the symptoms ... but yes, you will learn, everything will accommodate.And it can always be improved.
My baby now has a year and 5 months, with diabetes from 11 months: S
I tell you what served us: to have the basal well adjusted and for the corrections we went down the doses because my BB eats little and the rapid was a lot for him.We were about 300 and at 2 hours 60 and I was wrong, it gave me an attack of anguish and helplessness.You could look if there may be some of that.
I agree with what they tell you about spending the Free Recent at 2 hours of eating, the climb in the curve will do it, at first that would not worry, but reach the next meal without doing hypoglycemia.If not, maybe it's very fast.But all of course consulting the doctor.As each organism is different, the doctor must also learn what works best for each case.He has much to test, adjusting, to the doctor what serves the most is to have the values ​​and the registration of what he ate to propose those adjustments.Over time, we will be experts.At first it also seemed to me something that had no logic, and now I am much quieter.
Much encouragement!

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
03/28/2020 12:11 p.m.

De Argentina.. Debut con 11 meses.. Usamos inyecciones (tresiba y novorrapid). Sensor Freestyle libre 1.
Tenemos pedida bomba Medtronic 670G.

lruol said:
hello good morning, a week ago my 19 -month -old son was in the ICU X a diabetic debut you can imagine what was for me ...Half of the coronavirus alos 7 days they told me that it was better that I would be in my house cn el and q I left in the hospital you would be in danger ... that clearly they told me they told me nisikiera come wings we will do it we will do it x phone and soIt was every day they call me 15 days ago that it was diagnosed I have no idea of ​​diabetes I am studying and trying to know more about the subject my son carries the freestyle wears 4 of Lantus x the morning and then between 2, 2i average and three of rapidAnd so there are days that very good there are days that in the middle of the afternoon or after eating it puts 480 ... and derepente wings 3 hours to 68 .... pq?At night I gave myself to give him the right to him, he is accustomed to his milk bibi so I give him 200g of bibi illI overwhelmed me sorry for Pinxar I have a panic to make me hypoglycemia I do not sleep at night passing the sensor one day will have normal values?Or is diabetes so unstable?I do not know what to talk about the subject I only have this 15 days and I am super overwhelmed I see it uncontrolled totally, the XO doses are going up I do not find the logic when it does so high or down when 80 that according to the doctor is a normal value is a normal valueXo being so small tell me that he watches it many when he starts to be 100 so who is starting to spread the panic I give him half a cookie Maria without sugars and gets to me 300 Q passes?Help I am desperate and very distressed I have anxiety and I would not like it to return to the ICU I give it a healthy diet and the rations that they tell me XO is still unconlaring ...I think I will not be able to do this feeling?It goes that evil when you diagnose a type 1 diabetes mellitus?I'm sorry for the Parrafon XO I had to vent me ....

Hello, I feel a lot about your baby.I am DT1 and a week ago, in the middle of Coronavirus, I made a glycemia to my daughter because I had lost weight and gave me a little.Luckily I was repeating several days and all good.But when I thought it was diabetes I wanted to die.I called a pediatrician friend of mine crying.If you write to me by email I do not mind giving you my phone for when you have doubts in case with the problem it costs you more to contact doctors.
My email is virdoba@hotmail.com.
Greetings and a lot of encouragement

Vir's profile photo
Vir
03/29/2020 11:48 a.m.

Hello, I feel a lot about your little one, but you will see how every day you will learn a little more to handle this disease, although from time to time we spend a file x that nobody explains ...

When you comment that after eating it is put at 480 and at 3 hours to 68, it is because you also have to control the times since you put the insulin until it starts eating, depending on the type of food it ingests (to greater Ig the glucose to subsatemore quickly).In this way it was to match the moment of maximum action of insulin with the peak of food and thus softens the curve so that it does not make so much peak.

In the absence of more data in the case mentioned above, I would dare to say that you should have waited more time to start eating so that insulin began to take effect before reaching those figures.

This looks very well through an MCG.

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
03/31/2020 1:34 a.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

Welcome to the @lruol forum, first tell you that we understand your situation very well, and that you have our support, here are people with a lot of experience, parents with children with diabetes like you, and others with diabetes like me.

The beginnings are very hard, so above all, do not be discouraged!, Think that diabetes has a learning process and you need time, the normal ones are days or weeks to start having it controlled, so calm, and think that of mistakesYou learn!

Please ask everything you need, we will try to help with our experience.

If you have not read it yet, I recommend reading to this topic.

Link

A hug and many spirits !!!!

fer's profile photo
fer
04/04/2020 1:03 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello!I think they have already given you very good advice, above all try to be calm (I know it is very difficult) and think that this is a background career, you cannot assimilate and control everything in a few days, it will take time ... but little toYou will see little patterns and learn to control insulin doses.The time between insulin and meals is essential to understand some "files X", I might start there.
If you have the free and with such a small child I would recommend installing Nightscout so you can see at your mobile your glycemia and be able to see the curves, it will help you understand the peaks.There is a group in FB (Nightcout Spain), explains everything step by step
Much encouragement 😘

acac's profile photo
acac
04/05/2020 12:07 p.m.

Welcome, Iruol!I also want to encourage you.It is a matter of studying a lot and learning.I also had a very bad time when they diagnosed my daughter, it is normal.But with encouragement, tranquility and the help of all, and little by little you will be normalizing it.Only one thing about your post that I think nobody has told you and that it can have to do with such high values: foods that say they are "without sugars", such as the Maria cookie you mention, keep telling how carbohydrates, totimes even more than normal "with sugar".Make sure you know how to calculate the rations of hydrates of each food to calculate the corresponding insulin.The label of each food will tell you the grams of carbohydrates for every hundred grams of product.If you are not sure, you can ask here.The Madrid Diabetics Association has very useful hydrates and information tables on its website.Many encouragement

ClaraSweet's profile photo
ClaraSweet
04/15/2020 5:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.