My glucose levels seem to have crazy, can anyone help me understand why?

odlarhg's profile photo   02/11/2019 11:48 p.m.

Hello, my name is Aldo and I'm from Guatemala

I have types of type 1. I use glargine insulin for almost 4 years.4 years ago I visited the doctor for emergency, I did not know that it happened to me, but when the doctor measured the glucose the result was 750. After several diagnostic tests, they concluded that I had diabetes of type 1.

My organism adapted well to insulin and everything was correct until a few months ago.I kept my glucose levels early in the morning without having eaten anything and two hours after eating the glucose was below 140. But recently my levels are totally uncontrolled, there are a few days when in the morning, after waking up,The glucose is in 160 and two hours later in 266.

I am not consuming any sugar and I try to maintain an adequate diet.

Recently the doctor ordered some studies to among them a creatinine.The result reflected 1.32 and told me that it was slightly above the maximum range of 1.30 and that it was something that should be solved.They discovered an urinary infection and I am already in treatment.

I am very worried about this imbalance in glucose and I don't know if something similar will have happened.

Could anyone guide me to understand why this is happening to me?

odlarhg's profile photo
odlarhg
02/11/2019 11:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@odlarhg may have finished the honeymoon.Taking care of us lasts up to 5 years but depends on each person.

It controls carbohydrates that is what glycemia rises, it is not about not eating sugar, everything that is grown is hydrate: bread, flour, corn, legumes, vegetables, fruits ... and excess fatGlycemia also uploads after one hour.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/12/2019 7:27 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Aldo, a dose of glargine insulin is not enough to control glucose in type 1 diabetes. You should also administer rapid insulin (eg, lispro or aspart) before c/food, or at least a combination of intermediate insulin (NPH) and fast (Humalog Mix 75/25 or Novomix 30) before breakfast and dinner.And of course, the dose of insulin depends on how glucose is, the cant.of carbohydrates to ingest and the anticipation of physical activity.Luck

juanluis's profile photo
juanluis
02/14/2019 3:30 p.m.

Yes, you will have to adapt the insulin to the controls.And add quick to meals.The endocrine will tell you how.
Read a lot and find out.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/14/2019 5:31 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much for the information.I am really worried about this situation.It causes me doubt because the doctor who serves me told me that my body should get used to the new dose and that I should wait a couple of weeks.Before I administered 10u and now 15u.Always in the morning.

odlarhg's profile photo
odlarhg
02/14/2019 5:43 p.m.

Is that so?

odlarhg's profile photo
odlarhg
02/14/2019 5:43 p.m.

You have to see the controls when you wake up and after meals.
Those figures are telling you what you need slowly and if you need quickly.
The important thing is to find the treatment that the glycosylated in 7 or less.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/14/2019 6:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If you had urinary infection that alters your levels.

Elaine S's profile photo
Elaine S
02/19/2019 2:40 p.m.

Hija de 7 años
DMt1 desde 7-Nov 2017
Levemir 12(mañana) 6(noche) y novorapid (3, 3, 2)
Glicada. 7.7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.