Questions about a special case

igarmo's profile photo   03/30/2020 12:03 p.m.

Hello, good morning to everyone.

I would like to tell you my case and ask you some questions, although it is a bit difficult, but they have not yet given me for the endocrine and I have many doubts.

I have diagnosed gestational diabetes in week 9 of pregnancy.First with the O'Sullivan and a week later he made the long curve that confirmed it (the fasting values ​​and at 3 hours they left correct, but at the time 217 came out when Max 190 had to leave and at 2 hours 187 when I had toexit max 167).

In addition to this, I have been taking a psychiatric medication of which it is known to induce diabetes, but have never controlled me (Olanzapina 2'5).It is true that with this medication my metabolism suffered a change, because I gained some 7 kilos, and I also apatected sweeter.On the other hand, being studying oppositions, my life has been quite sedentary in these 5 or 6 years, before it was the opposite because she was a waitress and burned everything.I add that for about 3 years I suffer from high stress and anxiety, hence the medication.

The fact is that having diagnosed it as soon as I wonder if I was already diabetic since before or if it is only really gestational.I wonder if the values ​​that came out in the curve are very high in that regard.I also wonder if I took the medication, if after a few months, my body would return to normal, or if on the contrary, I already have diabetes forever.Now my psychiatrist has told me that we can try it with a smaller medication and withdraw the wave, but I do not know if the stress after removing the medication will be worse ...

I add that both the O'Sullivan and the curve made them very stressed.Not fasting, and at the third hour I almost fall asleep, but in the first and second hour I was very nervous and I don't know if he could shoot the results.

I would also like to know the difference between diabetes and prediabetes because I know that my metabolic change and medication occurred about 3 years ago and may not have given time to develop diabetes as such and only in prediabetes.

Come on, I have a lot of mess: I don't know if it's only gestational, I don't know if it's induced by the drug, I don't know if it's prediabetes ...

I know it is not easy to answer, because surely until pregnancy I can't get anything clear, but I would like to know what you think, I am very worried.

Thank you very much in advance and forgive the billet.

igarmo's profile photo
igarmo
03/30/2020 12:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Forgive, I don't know why the text is very separate.The mobile must play a bad pass.I hope the text is understood.

igarmo's profile photo
igarmo
03/30/2020 12:04 p.m.

Good, as you well know and say, a future diabetes will see it over time: it is not always so, but usual.

With the values ​​you put, I can give you my own example.I have made two glucose curves, without being pregnant (in fact my diagnosis is based on them) and my values ​​were 228 at the time in the first and 263 at the time in the second.

Worst data that yours ...

My recommendation is that now you focus on pregnancy, to take care of glucose as indicated and if, after childbirth you continue with the bad values, you will have already learned things during this period ...

Much encouragement.

anif's profile photo
anif
03/30/2020 12:51 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Thank you very much, Anif.

igarmo's profile photo
igarmo
03/30/2020 1:10 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.