DBT2 and irritable colon

Ainhoa Hoyos's profile photo   02/13/2019 4:15 p.m.

Hello, I am 39 years old and I had gestational diabetes in my third pregnancy, now the glycosilada 7'1 and leave sweetsces and lower hydrates and at 3 months 7'4, so that definitive dbt2 I have a history in the family.
I prescribe metformin 500mg dinner and breakfast and I sit fatal, it has changed to ristoben I think it is called an en.The food, my problem is that I have colon.It depends on the one that I have limited, I take medication for the colon but x example my breakfast is 40/50g of bread with.jamon.york or turkey, ña nurse told me that it was fine but I am waiting for me to give me the following analytical.As the carbophdates are very much, I am very lost because the issue of the colon is super important.

Ainhoa Hoyos's profile photo
Ainhoa Hoyos
02/13/2019 4:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In your case I would look for a nutritionist who has experience with your problem.In cases of irritable colon, what is usually done is a low diet in Fodmap’s, but by restricting many foods (especially the main), a professional has to control it so that you do not have lacks or health problems.I think it is strict for a while and then some foods are being reintroduced and they are seen whether they give symptoms or not.
For this type of thing and more with DT2 the best is a nutrition professional, since doctors or nurses have limited training in nutrition and are not the most indicated to put diets.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/14/2019 11:41 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

The fodmap, s yahe read but esq I don't think it would serve me, because example legumes feel good, and lactose -free lactoseIt is a regime what I want, just knowing that I can take and how to count hydrates and rations now with diabetes.

Ainhoa Hoyos's profile photo
Ainhoa Hoyos
02/14/2019 2:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Most people go to the nutritionist to lose weight but it is not the only thing they do.There are nutritionists specialized in different things: sports nutrition, thinning, eating disorders, diabetes, child nutrition ... That's why I tell you that if you find someone who is specialized in yours and if you also know about diabetes, surely youIt can help.It is searching and calling to ask.
Going to the nutritionist is not to get out of there with a sheet of a photocopied diet, at least if you go to one good.The first thing is that they ask you a thousand things about your habits, diseases, etc. and request analytics if they see it necessary and from there they give you guidelines that help you with your problem, whatever it is.It is rare that they give you a strict diet telling you to eat at every moment.Normally it tells you that things not to eat because they are not healthy or in your case they would go wrong for your problem and which yes, and then guidelines on how to organize the menus, tricks, etc.That already depends on each specific nutritionist, each one has its system.If you go and give you a sheet without almost asking anything, it is a professional bad and I would certainly not come back.But if you study your case and give you personalized guidelines and solve your doubts, etc. then it will surely help you.They always have to tell you why things, if they send you something and do not convince you question and give you a reason.

And the issue of counting rations is to lower a table and weigh food and calculating.It does not have much complication to do it by consulting tables.The difficult thing is to calculate by eye, but that is a matter of practice and does not always be right.The best always weigh things.
You can start with this table:

Link

Print and consult when you need it.Over time most of you learn it by heart but at first look at everything.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/14/2019 6:48 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

You can make a list of foods that feel good and look at the hydrates they have.
You will have to weigh the legumes, the flours and the fruits, and you can eat meat, fish and egg, without problem ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/14/2019 7:04 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.