{'en': 'Blood sugar after snack', 'es': 'Azúcar en sangre tras merienda'} Image

Blood sugar after snack

igarmo's profile photo   04/01/2020 7:38 p.m.

Hello,

I have eaten 8 almonds, a skimmed natural yogurt and a large orange.

By measuring blood sugar after an hour (without exercising) I have left 125.

Do you see it a lot for how little I have eaten?

If instead I would have eaten a plate of legumes or integral paste would you have the highest levels?

Or would they be similar?

Thank you.

igarmo's profile photo
igarmo
04/01/2020 7:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@igarmo

What envy!If I take that without insulin, I ended in 160 by yogurt (the skimmed has carbohydrates like normal) and then in 220 for the large orange.

Legumes have carbohydrates but enter more slowly, while yogurt and orange are very fast.Pasta is also fast carbohydrate, even though the integral is more gradual.

If you had put insulin, in general it is better to do a check at two hours or two and a half hours after eating.There are foods such as legumes that enter very slowly and are complicated.Also if you take some fat or if you put olive oil, carbohydrate absorption slows down

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/03/2020 5:54 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you very much for your answer.I get that because for the moment it is only a gestational diabetes, but I am worried to have it before for the moment they have given me the diagnosis and other factors.Right now, only with diet and some moderate exercise after breakfast and eat (30 min each) I have controlled it.To the pregnant women, if we do not control it that way, they click us insulin and the truth is that I would prefer not to have to prick my gut.As I am totally first, I have many doubts, I hope you don't care that I ask.Thank you very much again.

igarmo's profile photo
igarmo
04/03/2020 6:17 p.m.

@igarmo

There was an open theme in the forum for pregnant women.Maybe it serves you.

I can help you with gestational diabetes, really.But in feeding issues.

Take many vegetables, they have carbohydrates that you need for your pregnancy, but they enter so slowly that they will not affect you.Avoid white bread, rice, potatoes, juices, milk, cookies, industrial bowling, sugar beverages, pasta.They are all products with a very high glycemic index and can affect you to blood glucose.Legumes are very good, but then require a good walk because they enter slowly, but they enter.

You do very well to control blood glucose and avoid having to put insulin.But remember to control at 2 or 2 and a half hours.

Regular exercise is very important because muscles eat carbohydrates.The best thing is to be regular.

A hug

jldiazdel
04/03/2020 6:49 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thanks for the recommendations, I will follow the ones I can, there are some that when pregnant is difficult for you to leave, like milk.In fact, my "right" consists of milk, in addition to diet I must reach concrete calories so that the baby rises weight.

At the moment, the midwife has told me to do the control only at the time (probably because of my results in the long curve, which at the time came more altered than at two hours, where the sugar began to lower some points).But as I have not yet been able to see the endocrine because of the situation of Covid I don't know what he would tell me.I will try tomorrow to click after two hours after eating and breakfast.

Thank you!

igarmo's profile photo
igarmo
04/03/2020 7:18 p.m.

@igarmo

The postprandial are between 2 to 3 hours!It is the time to absorb carbohydrates.Not at the time.Tell her with the endocrine not with the midwife!

Milk are carbohydrates with a high glycemic index.I sometimes use it to quickly raise glycemia how much I am.It is for lactose.Talk to it with the endocrine in case you can change it by yogurt (enter a little slower).Cheese can be an option.But also talk to it with the endocrine.In pregnant women there are cheeses that are not recommended.

This Covid is crazy!But your quiet.Focus on yours

And don't forget the exercise!

jldiazdel
04/03/2020 9:37 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Yes, it is a bit more strict with us.In theory we must measure the sugar in fasting blood, at the time (it should not go from 140) and at 2 hours (it should not go from 120!).I don't know why the midwife told me only at the time, I hope it was not about to save material, but as things are not surprising.Anyway, to see if I can see the endocrine once and I solve it, for the moment I will also do it at two hours.Thank you very much for your advice, they have served me a lot!

igarmo's profile photo
igarmo
04/04/2020 10:39 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.