Type 1 diabetes, from my partner, and come from Colombia to Spain ... Urgent help!

dudas's profile photo   07/21/2020 2:56 p.m.

Hello this situation takes me to a lot of stress, hopefully they can help me

My partner is Colombian and I from Spain ... the idea was to come here because I was in their country and it did not do well ... and now he is with many doubts about her diabetes to come. He tells me that the climate of Spain will affect himFor his diabetes because he already has complications in his leg and affects his cold etc ... He puts it as a chahytic as if coming to Spain is coming to death because he has circulation problems and the cold will affect him ..

I said that in winter we will use heating and in the same summer but nothing seems that here in Spain there are no diabetics and those who have complications die or something if they come from Colombia to Spain ... and that if it comes it can give you a heart attack..

Is there a problem to come from Spain to live because they are diabetic?Any complication that may arise?If we are supposed to have the best health in the world and that of Colombia it is one of the worst ..

She is very cold I do not know if because of diabetes but I imagine that with winter heating and air conditioning or air conditioning in summer nothing happens ... but she tells me that she fears that because of the cold it of a heart attack, that she does not support the blood pressure orsomething like that..

On top of her, she gives her a lot of hypoglycemia so they could put the insulin pump, I don't know how to make her understand and be calm ..

I have already said that his complications has not been walking but he ignores sports ... I even even in the Andalusian streets it will be better to walk and I will force her to walk ... until it will come well but he is withfear, as if Spain were Mars or another planet ..

Can you come to Spain? Or is it not recommended? There in your country is alone and being with diabetes, I prefer that you come to Spain and not only ... but she is afraid that the weather affects her or her health will get worse, she tells meThat he is afraid that he could give him a heart attack for the arterial pressure for the weather if he comes, I think he exaggerates, here there are people with diabetes and complications and live normal ..

dudas's profile photo
dudas
07/21/2020 2:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

No problem.
It can come whenever you want.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
07/21/2020 3:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

For the cold there is no problem.And would have access to better treatments.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
07/23/2020 11:52 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.