{'en': 'Glucometer change.', 'es': 'Cambio glucometro.'} Image

Glucometer change.

Soniii's profile photo   04/10/2020 11:45 a.m.

Good morning,

Some time ago they changed my meter in my health center, and they gave me the One Touch Select Plus, I wanted to know opinions of him.

If you know something or have used it.Sometimes he gets a little crazy.

I have not found anything in the forum so I open another topic.I have also read that the contour Next is the best, the strips are bought by you or give it to you in the health center, in my case in mine only give the meter that they have given me.

In the case of Contour I would have to pay for it, but it is worth the change.

Thank you!

Soniii's profile photo
Soniii
04/10/2020 11:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They gave me that in the health center and is going well, it does not need much blood and I like the application of the mobile.

anif's profile photo
anif
04/10/2020 6:48 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

@anif did not know that One Touch had app, I'm going to look for her.Thank you!

Soniii's profile photo
Soniii
04/10/2020 7:43 p.m.

@Ssoniii gave me at the beginning of the year the One Touch Select Plus and for now very well.The meter itself is very normal, in fact I think it is the most simple I have had in the 8 years I have been in this ... but the application is great.His name One Touch Reveal.

The results are synchronized and you can see in a single glance if you are within the correct or not (it is marked in colors, ok, blue is hypo and red hyperglycemia).

There is a section where you can see the "patterns", that is, if at the same time of the day you are having hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia for several days ... so I have realized that I needed more slow insulin in the dose that I put toLast time in the afternoon and now I go better.

And best of all ... I don't know if in your case you can but there is the possibility of connecting the application to your health team.For example, I have it linked to the Peace Diabetes Unit (Madrid).The last time I went there I saw that they have access to my analysis from their computer, see the graphs of my results, if I make any annotation ... so if I have any important doubt I can call them or send them an email and they will understand much better thanWhat do I talk to you.They gave me the information to link the app with the hospital the day they gave it to me ... ask to see if you can do it too: wink:

Ah!And about the strips ... I don't know where you live but in Spain in general you have to stay, either in the health center or they put them on the card to go to the pharmacy for them.

Now as things are first calls the health center and talk to your nurse to tell you how to do, because for example he asked me not to be, that if a person who did not have chronic diseases could approach, better.So it was my husband to collect strips, needles and lancetas ... with my health card had no problem.

Tam's profile photo
Tam
04/15/2020 5:07 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

@Tam thanks for the information.I downloaded that application when the partner who answered me told me, but I don't know how the glucometer with it is linked, because it does not appear to register, other different glucometers come out, so I could not do anything.If you think the glucometer, great, is already more calm

Soniii's profile photo
Soniii
04/15/2020 10:56 a.m.

If you give the (more ...) there you will see the options to add meters ...
@Tammos we will see each other for peace and everything, they gave it to me there too.

anif's profile photo
anif
04/15/2020 12:09 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

@anif ah is that my meter is select plus to dry, and it is fine alomejor is older, I think it has no bluetooth connections or that.

Soniii's profile photo
Soniii
04/15/2020 12:52 p.m.

Ahhh, go!
I have looked on the Lifescan website and it seems that it doesn't have bluetooth ...

Forgive confusion, mine is Onetouch Select Plus Flex.

It seems that they use the same strips, perhaps if you call the laboratory you get to send you one (I have read that kind of testimonies here, although I do not know if it is always effective).

anif's profile photo
anif
04/15/2020 1:03 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

@anif Don't worry, thank you very much for your help!I will call the laboratory to see if you can send me one of the new ones.All the best

Soniii's profile photo
Soniii
04/15/2020 1:22 p.m.

anif said:

@Tammos we will see each other for peace and everything, they gave it to me there too.

I do not know if we will see @anif ... my husband has changed his destination (it is military) so that as soon as the quarantine we will have to move.I am sorry because in the unit I saw that they helped me a lot, I hope to find good professionals where we are going!By the way, very well those values ​​!!!All green: wink:

@Soniii mine is not like yours either, they have given me the same as @anif.But you can go to the GP and ask that you give you one like ours ... and the strips too!You ask, that nurses are not hard to give a glucometer or another and will prefer that you have better tools to control the disease.

Tam's profile photo
Tam
04/15/2020 6:06 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

@Tam that I do very well in your next destination and find another good unit ...

I can't complain about my values, but in the morning they are always great, my bad values ​​are always in the afternoon ...

anif's profile photo
anif
04/15/2020 8:10 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.