{'en': 'Not low, and nothing makes me effect, what do I do wrong?', 'es': 'No bajo, y nada me hace efecto, ¿qué hago mal?'} Image

Not low, and nothing makes me effect, what do I do wrong?

Edmundo's profile photo   02/27/2019 12:32 p.m.

Hello, I have presented myself for a long time, I have been with type 2 diabetes three years (although some doctors tell me that it is 1.5, a mess).

I've been with high sugar for months, in the morning I can't get out of 100, Volume Lantus and Jardiance.I go in 55 Night Units of Lantus, when a few months ago with 25 I had strong hypoglycemia.

I have not been low from 200. Yesterday I ate chickpeas without potatoes, only with spinach, carrot, peas (peas), and 2 slices of toasted bread, and the postpandral in 360. I waited two more hours and had 295.

At dinner, I was 285 before dinner: I injected 70 units, I took metformin and a few hours ago, I woke up with 230.

I have gone down, as well, I follow the treatment to the letter, I have changed the insulin pen, the needles.I don't know what I do wrong, and I don't even want to eat :(

Thank you very much for reading, I don't know who to tell you all this to understand me.

Edmundo's profile photo
Edmundo
02/27/2019 12:32 p.m.

Diagnóstico en navidad de 2016, sin saber qué diabetes tengo.
Lantus y metformina.
Diagnosticado con 620 de glucosa, actualmente con hbA1c de 6,7

You need fast insulin, I think you were badly diagnosed and you are type 1 and not type 2 although it could be the case that you are type 2 and you only need some fastness, those post -praial values ​​show that it is not enough with metformin, insulin for carbohydrates,Tell your doctor that you have those values ​​and that you need fast insulin.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
02/27/2019 12:55 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

I started like you, with less insulin, but I see that I am doing more and more,
It is the fault of your pancreas, who runs out of it, the immune system is fulminating it, and is in the last.
I don't think you pass without fast.

Once they give it to you, your control will be better

Jaime37's profile photo
Jaime37
02/27/2019 5:39 p.m.

La diabetes es una mierda

They will give you fast and you will see your life for good.Remove the hydrates a bit.

Clau's profile photo
Clau
02/27/2019 6:54 p.m.

Diabetes Lada 1 desde 2018
Toujeo 16 U
Fiasp según conteo de CH
HG 6.5%
Freestyle

Let's see, "chickpeas without potatoes, only with spinach, carrot, peas (peas), and 2 slices of roasted bread", there are many hydrates for a meal.
The peas are very high in carbohydrates like the potato that you did not eat or more.Carrot is very sweet.And toasted bread or not, up a lot.
As they tell you here, you need fast action insulin to help your pancreas.
When they prescribe it, you will have to lower the slow.In addition, Lantus does not cover 24 hours, you should use it in 2 shots.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/28/2019 1:18 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It is what the diet that gave me tells me, I have not added any ration, in fact I did not have breakfast for the same.I had dinner for a while, and I have 249 after 3 hours.I'm fed up.Tomorrow I will change the insulin pen.

ruthbia said:
to see, "chickpeas without potatoes, only with spinach, carrot, peas (peas), and 2 slices of roasted bread", are many hydrates for a meal.
The peas are very high in carbohydrates like the potato that you did not eat or more.Carrot is very sweet.And toasted bread or not, up a lot.
When they prescribe it, you will have to lower the slow.In addition, Lantus does not cover 24 hours, you should use it in 2 shots.

Edmundo's profile photo
Edmundo
02/28/2019 1:41 a.m.

Lantus y metformina.

edmundo said:
is what the diet they gave me tells me, I have not added any ration, in fact I did not have breakfast for the same.I had dinner for a while, and I have 249 after 3 hours.I'm fed up.Tomorrow I will change the insulin pen.

ruthbia said:
to see, "chickpeas without potatoes, only with spinach, carrot, peas (peas), and 2 slices of roasted bread", are many hydrates for a meal.

If that is your diet, I tell you that it is hurtly shows that they gave you a process diet and not a customized one as it should be, they will have gone and gave you the first thing they found, so I do not see you taught you to count carbohydrates and I do not blame you(I didn't teach me either) I learned only over time, there are many things that did not teach me and that I learned alone, either reading or with my experience itself, I insist that you need fast and learn to count hydrates once you haveWell defined those 2 things you will not have those post -polish rebounds.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
02/28/2019 11:39 a.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

@Ferle Thank you for your answer.The problem is that I don't know what I don't know, that is, I do what they tell me, but I don't feel better.Today I woke up with 96, but because yesterday I only had a meal (2 pieces of fruit), to get off, but I'm afraid to eat.

Is there any app to count rations that you recommend me?

Edmundo's profile photo
Edmundo
02/28/2019 11:54 a.m.

Lantus y metformina.

You should lower the Lantus dose and add fast insulin with meals.Another alternative would be to use a combination of intermediate and fast insulins (pre-messy) before breakfast and dinner.You must talk to your doctor and raise these suggestions, or ask for a second opinion

juanluis's profile photo
juanluis
02/28/2019 12:21 p.m.

@juanluis thanks for your comment Doctor.Following his advice, I already talked to my doctor, he sent me to internal medicine, I have an appointment on 24, for now I will be like that because he told me that he as a general doctor is not trained to add or change the medication.

Edmundo's profile photo
Edmundo
02/28/2019 12:25 p.m.

Lantus y metformina.

@edmundo.Good luck

juanluis's profile photo
juanluis
02/28/2019 12:42 p.m.

Hi Edmundo, I am Angel I am 43 years old, I am type 1 diabetic since the age of 3, so I have been back in my back.In my humble opinion, I should see you referred to an endocrinologist not to an internist.It is clear that postpandracials are super high so most likely you need fast action insulin.My suggestion is that you ask your head doctor to refer you to the endocrine and that this in turn puts you in touch with the educator, to teach you to count hydrates, and know important concepts that will help you control those hyperglycemia, such as insulin sensitivity, ratio, etc.I don't want to exterior much on the subject, apologize if I did.The endocrine will adjust the doses and create some good guidelines so that you can stabilize those postpandracial blissful.A big hug and a lot of encouragement.I await your prompt improvement.

Angel Martin Rosa's profile photo
Angel Martin Rosa
02/28/2019 8:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

edmundo said:
Hello, I have presented myself for a long time, I have been with type 2 diabetes for a long time (although some doctors tell me that it is 1.5, a mess).

I've been with high sugar for months, in the morning I can't get out of 100, Volume Lantus and Jardiance.I go in 55 Night Units of Lantus, when a few months ago with 25 I had strong hypoglycemia.

I have not been low from 200. Yesterday I ate chickpeas without potatoes, only with spinach, carrot, peas (peas), and 2 slices of toasted bread, and the postpandral in 360. I waited two more hours and had 295.

At dinner, I was 285 before dinner: I injected 70 units, I took metformin and a few hours ago, I woke up with 230.

I have gone down, as well, I follow the treatment to the letter, I have changed the insulin pen, the needles.I don't know what I do wrong, and I don't even want to eat :(

Thank you very much for reading, I don't know who to tell you all this to understand me.

What you do wrong:

Cooked carrot, not raw, shoot the sugar
The bread, roasted or not, triggers the sugar and also two slices!That is 50-70 glucose points
If you had not taken bread or zahora and chickpeas (moderate dose) you would have risen about 30-40 points, that is, the postprandial would have given you 240-260 and not 360.
I have verified those glucose costs through the permanent control of Frestyle-Abbot, I dropped from 180 average to 140-150

Juan Luis Manzano Andrés's profile photo
Juan Luis Manzano Andrés
03/03/2019 11:01 a.m.

You don't do anything wrong.Surely they will have to quickly put on meals and lower the slow.
Tell him with the endocrine.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/03/2019 2:08 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

REGINA Do you know the toasted bread values ​​at the breakfast-deer of a diabetic?A real upward arrow, I have checked dozens of times with the continuous meter of Festylibre.And it is not bad?
If I had not taken bread a third of the result of glucose would have saved it.
Breakfast without bread or sweets, only protein (sausage, loin, tuna) in my case: 180-200, I get out of fasting with 160-180;Breakfast with two bischers of toasted bread: 250-280;Difference between one and the other: 50 to 80 points.
The level of risk or damage is from 240 in glucose, if you stay below that average you are not suffering relevant damage;The 7 glycosylated is 152 of glucose average in all three months, but it is a relative value because there are "many 7", which has abundant peaks greater than 240 and then there are decreases, it is not worth a hard one, it is a "evil 7"The one who has hardly any overcoming of 240 on peaks, is better seven.

Juan Luis Manzano Andrés's profile photo
Juan Luis Manzano Andrés
03/03/2019 11:41 p.m.

The peaks after meals should not exceed 180
There is no need to reach 240, that is avoided by putting quickly.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/04/2019 12:35 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.