{'en': 'College and Coronavirus', 'es': 'Colegio y Coronavirus'} Image

College and Coronavirus

evacf's profile photo   07/26/2020 4:46 p.m.

Hello,

Seen where we are I don't know how children with diabetes can return to school in a normal way.

I think someone should inform us what can be done and if there is any option, for example, of being able to follow the course telematically and if education has something planned.

Does anyone have news about it?

Thank you so much!!

evacf's profile photo
evacf
07/26/2020 4:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Puff ...
It is the "opportunity" to fight for home education, so necessary in some cases and so disgusted by all politicians.

anif's profile photo
anif
07/26/2020 7:42 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

I am also worried about this issue. In my case, the diabetics is me, the mother,

Aliciayleo's profile photo
Aliciayleo
07/26/2020 8:07 p.m.

In Argentina we are at the maximum peak of infections, and where I live it is planned to return in September, to a classroom with half of the children, with chins all the time and distancing, two days a week and 14 without going, following via the Internetas until now
I do not understand why they are determined in the return of the classes at the worst time, and knowing that it is a focus of infection, taking into account that very few people are responsible.
My son is 8 years old.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
07/26/2020 11:04 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

I understand that children hardly affect them.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/26/2020 11:48 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

So they say, but if they are asymptomatic infect and not only that teachers are adults and I would not want to experiment in my son with diabetes, if a simple cold shoots the blood glucose ...

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
07/27/2020 12:18 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

dani se said:
so they say, but if they are asymptomatic infect and not only that teachers are adults and I would not like to experiment in my son with diabetes, if a simple cold shoots the blood glucose ...

That's that.Diabetes is risk collective.They opt because the risk groups are confined and not the entire population.The question is then: what to do with diabetic children if they can not go to school as the course will follow.What have they thought for them?Health and education should go together.I have the outstanding question for the edendrine but the visit is at the end of August and the teachers will not be at school now until September.Why is there so little foresight?

evacf's profile photo
evacf
07/27/2020 10:45 a.m.

In Argentina, classes go from March to December, with a 15 -day break in July.In March, only 6 days were to school, the classes have been virtual, x zoom trying to transform the house into a classroom, but here everything followed that way, I do not understand why this year does not continue like this, and the prox starts in March.I will evaluate in September as everything is where I live and I will decide what to do.Of course the first week determined will not see how everything is going.
I think they have to evaluate at that time if there is an outbreak in your country I would not send it, but it is a personal decision for more than the doctor said that it can attend.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
07/27/2020 3:22 p.m.

Argentina

Good morning: I am a professor and diabetic for 29 years.At the moment education has not said anything, for risk teachers they have only sent a request to fill out and take current security measures (distance and mask).
Diabetic students have the same risk as the elderly.
We are equally lost as you.
Greetings

chamus1978's profile photo
chamus1978
07/28/2020 6:56 a.m.

I tell you what I lived at the time.I am a 38 -year diabetic of evolution, and in addition, I am health, in the worst time here in Spain, when they entered the risk groups, they sent me to telework at home but when the state of alarm has finished, they told us that the disappeared theConcept of especially sensitive personnel and that was considered that the same risk working in person on the street or going to buy.So we continue the same.In the case of diabetic schools and children, I imagine that something should be, a report to be at home, although, of course, it is a roll, if most are in class, they have not said anything, everything is in the airAnd they have thrown the ball at the direction of each center, a shame.I have read forums and it gives me that parents are going to be very unhappy and there is no information.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/29/2020 7:38 p.m.

Only one advice, you must assess that it is more important and prioritize.Nothing will happen if your boy does not go to school this year, maybe he loses a year in his learning but it is more important to protect his health and his life.

MARIZUJIMENEZH's profile photo
MARIZUJIMENEZH
08/14/2020 6:49 a.m.

marizujimenezh said:
only one advice, you must assess that it is more important and prioritize.Nothing will happen if your boy does not go to school this year, maybe he loses a year in his learning but it is more important to protect his health and his life.
The problem is that in Spain schooling is mandatory and home teaching is prohibited.

anif's profile photo
anif
08/14/2020 2:12 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

anif said:
marizujimenezh said:
only one advice, you must assess that it is more important and prioritize.Nothing will happen if your boy does not go to school this year, maybe he loses a year in his learning but it is more important to protect his health and his life.
The problem is that in Spain schooling is mandatory and home teaching is prohibited.

It is not prohibited, it is allegal, that is, there is a margin there in which something could be done.Anyway, I am also a teacher and diabetic and as the partners have told you here, absolutely nothing has been said to be 100% formal.Anyway, seeing how the situation is evolving, we probably don't know anything about the school until the last week and venture to say that most choles will not open.

I would wait a little and until the last moment I would not get nervous.We are waiting for a year in which all uncertainty will be and cross your fingers, so patience that our diabetes will appreciate it.

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
08/14/2020 7:24 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.