{'en': 'Opinions on insulin bomb administration.', 'es': 'Opiniones sobre administración de bombas de Insulina.'} Image

Opinions on insulin bomb administration.

Nosft's profile photo   08/02/2020 11:10 p.m.

Hello.

I have been a member of the forum for a long time but I have participated little.

But recently because of close things, I suppose like everyone else, I have seen a curious thing.

And referring to this I want to know the opinion of the different people who participate or can read it.As they see is referred to insulin bombs (the brand does not matter).

I have noticed in different photos, chat´s, instagram, etc.that some people have insulin pumps Tandem, Medtonic (670g, 640, etc.) or whatever;But the sensors that connect directly with them are not administered.

That is to say in the case of the Tandem, they do not give them the Dexcom, but they leave them with the freestyle, and in the case of the Medtronic it happens the same with the Guardian.The reason, or at least the only one that can occur to me is that the sensors that connect with the pumps are more expensive.

But because of this my question goes.When a bomb is designed to work together with some sensors, which allow it to get all the efficiency.Taking some pumps designed with the latest advances, but that almost 70% of them will not be able to use the user.

Isn't that more economic waste, than to pay the sensors that go together to the bombs?

It is the same as the person who bought a high -end car and the last model, only to put a photo on their desktop and never touch it.Eye, each one does what he wants with his money.But when it comes to our health and it is public money.

Is this okay?

Purists can comment that the sensors of those pumps come out more expensive.But of course, when a person is administered to a pump, it is based on criteria, to needs due to glycemia, diseases, greater control, etc., not give all the mechanisms that allow that control and leave it halfway.

What it does is that the pump spending occurs, but at the same time in the long run it can have to treat the possible problems caused by diabetes.

Because yes, although without those sensors we have better glycemia;Imagine that with the whole team, the same with which you are prepared to work together;Well, the results can be much better.And that translates into a better quality of life, less morbidity, better functioning in society, better physical and mental health, etc.

So without leaving more for the branches.

They do not believe, what should be required that people who have an insulin pump should be given the complete "pack", which is what the pump is designed for?

Because of course the legislation only talks about giving them the bike (that is, the pump) I think some places are accepted to that empty to exclude the sensors.

And I repeat, it does not happen everywhere, but if it happens.

Thank you all for the answers!

Nosft's profile photo
Nosft
08/02/2020 11:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

nosft said:
greeting.I have been a member of the forum for a long time but I have participated little.But recently because of close things, I suppose like everyone else, I have seen a curious thing.And referring to this I want to know the opinion of the different people who participate or can read it.As they see is referred to insulin bombs (the brand does not matter).

I have noticed in different photos, chat´s, instagram, etc.that some people have insulin pumps Tandem, Medtonic (670g, 640, etc.) or whatever;But the sensors that connect directly with them are not administered.That is to say in the case of the Tandem, they do not give them the Dexcom, but they leave them with the freestyle, and in the case of the Medtronic it happens the same with the Guardian.The reason, or at least the only one that can occur to me is that the sensors that connect with the pumps are more expensive.But because of this my question goes.When a bomb is designed to work together with some sensors, which allow it to get all the efficiency.Taking some pumps designed with the latest advances, but that almost 70% of them will not be able to use the user.Isn't that more economic waste, than to pay the sensors that go together to the bombs?It is the same as the person who bought a high -end car and the last model, only to put a photo on their desktop and never touch it.Eye, each one does what he wants with his money.But when it comes to our health and it is public money.Is this okay?Purists can comment that the sensors of those pumps come out more expensive.But of course, when a person is administered to a pump, it is based on criteria, to needs due to glycemia, diseases, greater control, etc., not give all the mechanisms that allow that control and leave it halfway.What it does is that the pump spending occurs, but at the same time in the long run it can have to treat the possible problems caused by diabetes.Because yes, although without those sensors we have better glycemia;Imagine that with the whole team, the same with which you are prepared to work together;Well, the results can be much better.And that translates into a better quality of life, less morbidity, better functioning in society, better physical and mental health, etc.

So without leaving more for the branches.They do not believe, what should be required that people who have an insulin pump should be given the complete "pack", which is what the pump is designed for?Because of course the legislation only talks about giving them the bike (that is, the pump) I think some places are accepted to that empty to exclude the sensors.And I repeat, it does not happen everywhere, but if it happens

Obviously, I think the same as you.But as diabetics are not the ones who send, but the politicians who look at their elite and nothing more, because we find injustices and inequalities like these, just as it happens with the financing of the different communities, for some bombs and everything, and for others, still nothing and waiting.I am not one of those who have to complain, fortunately, and therefore, I have learned to value what I have and what they give me.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
08/02/2020 11:23 p.m.

Sorry.But maybe it is due to my little experience in the forum.But the question intended to be implicitly, the idea that if most think the same.Because we do not collection of signatures, we mobilize the associations, etc.To make that change?It may not be one of the main things that worry lately.But if we, who have to deal with that and support each other, if we don't join and start working.So if in the end we cannot say anything.But of course, the question is to see if it is that maybe in my approach I am wrong.And on the other hand, see if consciences are awakening and see if something arises.

Nosft's profile photo
Nosft
08/02/2020 11:33 p.m.

In my case, I carry the Medtronic 640 bomb and they effectively asked me if I preferred the Freestyle or Medtronic sensor.I prefer the freestyle a thousand times since the Guardian does not like anything for how cumbersome he is and for the difficulty of connecting data with Nightcout.In my case I prefer that they let the patient choose of course, each one has their needs.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
08/05/2020 9:56 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

erpla said:
In my case, I carry the MEDTRONIC 640 pump and effectively asked if I preferred the freestyle sensor or that of Medtronic.I prefer the freestyle a thousand times since the Guardian does not like anything for how cumbersome he is and for the difficulty of connecting data with Nightcout.In my case I prefer that they let the patient choose of course, each one has their needs.

You know that now Medtronic will share data such as the Dexcom, or almost like them.They are already notified to from the end of the year: but well it seems good to me.If they gave you well.I particularly of the Guardian one of the things is the calibrations that play at night, of the things that scare ... however ideal it is like you.Give you to choose.But there are many places where they don't give you to choose.They really do it for lowering costs.But it really costs more that in the long run than putting all the devices for which you are designed.

Nosft's profile photo
Nosft
08/05/2020 10:13 p.m.

erpla said:
In my case, I carry the MEDTRONIC 640 pump and effectively asked if I preferred the freestyle sensor or that of Medtronic.I prefer the freestyle a thousand times since the Guardian does not like anything for how cumbersome he is and for the difficulty of connecting data with Nightcout.In my case I prefer that they let the patient choose of course, each one has their needs.

But so you do not have the predictive stop that is one of the main functions of the Medtronic Bombs

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
08/09/2020 9:47 a.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

nosft said:
You know that now Medtronic will share data such as the Dexcom, or almost like them.They are already notified to from the end of the year: but well it seems good to me.If they gave you well.I particularly of the Guardian one of the things is the calibrations that play at night, of the things that scare ... however ideal it is like you.Give you to choose.But there are many places where they don't give you to choose.They really do it for lowering costs.But it really costs more that in the long run to put all the devices for which you are designed.

The calibrations at night are solved by making them in the 2-3 main meals ... that is, I make breakfast, food and dinner and I do not have to shut up at night :)

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
08/09/2020 9:55 a.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

Someone from Cantabria?Do you know what bomb they are supplying here?Next month they put it on me and it is to know.

Thanks and greetings

franarg's profile photo
franarg
08/09/2020 12:27 p.m.

But we return to the same. You must offer the sensors of their own sensors for those who are designed with greater compatibility.And of course it is giving the patient to the patient.There is a very important point between giving you to tell you that as "as you have the freestyle, the guardian or dexcom does not offer you."That as you say is already a matter of taste.I particularly as a free freeyle user 2, after trying it, talking with connoisseurs, talking to Abbott;In my particular case.Neither crazy would connect the free2 to the pump.It seems that the free3 say that they will be much more reliable, I am sure that it will be so, although they say the free3 is the same as they said of free2.If it is like some that are that they put the values, it is worth.But then they really use 20% of the pump capacity.But the ideal would be to let choose, if it is bad that they do not let you choose;Worse is the one that forces you to take also those designed for said device.And about the bombs in Cantabria, I don't have many records from that area.But I know that the sensors I say, as well as the pumps.It depends a lot on the reference hospital.In the same province depending on whether someone is from one hospital or another may offer a pump model or another.

Nosft's profile photo
Nosft
08/09/2020 12:53 p.m.

In my case the Marqués de Valdecilla Hospital in Santander

franarg's profile photo
franarg
08/09/2020 3:32 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.