One of the many doubts that I have and we do not solve it

javierdiaz's profile photo   08/08/2020 10:38 a.m.

Good morning, I have a seven -year -old girl who just debuted this last March and good although at first this seemed like a world to take it little by little, but there is one thing we do not find with the key and from the hospital pediatrics do notThey clarify, I hope that with your help we can know how to clarify the doubts.
The girl during the day we have her well controlled, her four fast doses before meals and in the snack we also add the slow units, but the problem comes at night when she lies down she usually has it about 110 or so butWhen they give about 3 in the morning more or less and it has been with a few hours asleep between 250/300 with some peaks that will last about 30/60 minutes until it is stabilized again, we have said it to the hospital but likeI said they are not a solution.Please if anyone knows something or in this way I would appreciate it.
Thank you very much and congratulations on the forum.

javierdiaz's profile photo
javierdiaz
08/08/2020 10:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If it is so little time and then stabilizes alone, I would not give importance.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
08/08/2020 1:59 p.m.

It seems to be a phenomenon of dawn.
It is solved with insulin pump.
Comment at the hospital.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
08/08/2020 8:44 p.m.

Mamarvazq said:
seems to be a phenomenon of dawn.
It is solved with insulin pump.
Comment at the hospital.

Indeed, nothing more to add.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
08/09/2020 9:58 a.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

For the little ones, the insulin pump is the most recommended, they support it better than the punctures and helps them maintain their glycemic rates.

MARIZUJIMENEZH's profile photo
MARIZUJIMENEZH
08/14/2020 6:11 a.m.

The use of pump implies HC, knowing the disease, to oneself and effect of insulin etc.My opinion is that you should wait a bit.Do not overwhelm much for that peak and study why.It can be by topic that does not cover slow insulin etc etc

carlos70's profile photo
carlos70
08/15/2020 8:31 p.m.

In young children it is quite common that once lying down they begin to raise the glucose in the early hours of the night although later they lower them in the last hours of the morning (antialba effect).The only way to correct it with pen is to put some fast (taking into account isensibility) to prevent it from having that peak, but this can surely cause hiccups to have a hiccup and have to take something when it is down.

The type of dinner also influences a lot, it is not the same to dinner pizza, bourgeois and fat food, which are digested more slow.

The bomb is not always indicated of first so you do not overwhelm and follow the recommendations of your endo, and as you see for the rest it is to try and try ...

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
08/16/2020 12:57 a.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

@javierdiaz What slow uses?What time?

If you put the slow at night, it may be that it takes to start acting, and that there is a hole without insulin, from the end of the fast until the slow
Maybe it is solved by advancing the schedule of the slow ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/17/2020 2:31 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@Javierdiaz What slow uses?What time?

If you put the slow at night, it may be that it takes to start acting, and that there is a hole without insulin, from the end of the fast until the slow
Maybe it is solved by advancing the schedule of the slow ..

Use abasaglar and put it on the snack, around six.

javierdiaz
08/17/2020 9:32 a.m.

Thanks for your comments, they help us a lot

javierdiaz
08/17/2020 9:33 a.m.

Mostly we get the slow and night's slow but you are the first one I know that he does it in the afternoon.In my case I do it tomorrow and I have been down the dose gradually (12 currently) until I stopped acting at night, lying and getting up with approx.The same figure (always rises a bit to dawn, apparently the liver pours HC, when starting the day).Keep us informed

Paco Iriarte Vañó's profile photo
Paco Iriarte Vañó
08/23/2020 11:40 a.m.

@javierdiaz

I put the slow to night, but I suppose that the endocrine has recommended that time.

Remember that insulin abasaglar only lasts about 20 -22 hours of effect.It does not really cover 24 hours.I have that a little in mind and I put myself in the dinners a little more quickly because I have no practically effect of the slow.

Greetings and encouragement

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/23/2020 11:51 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Our son debuted in 2017 with 8 years.The control takes it quite well - glyd of 5.2 'but at night something similar happened to us although without such high values ​​and we used slow lantus.With this insulin the curve had a tendency to move towards higher minimum values ​​during the day.We tried to solve by dividing the slow one in two pricks delayed a few hours but it was not achieved.It was resolved by changing to Tresiba.The endocrine justified it - it is more expensive and they have to justify it - they have to avoid the two punctures.The current curve has no trend and this problem of the maximum night has improved a lot although one day it persists.Greetings and encouragement.

evacf's profile photo
evacf
08/23/2020 12:16 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.