Beach and Dexcom G6

Maríajose1985's profile photo   08/09/2020 11:09 a.m.

Hello
My big doubt is whether Dexcom can get into the beach water
I know that in fresh water yes, no problem
P

Maríajose1985's profile photo
Maríajose1985
08/09/2020 11:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In case it serves you, I have used the Dexcom G4 for years, and I have gone to the beach and swimming pools, without problems, the only caution is that you pass water without salt to wash it after the beach and voila!

fer's profile photo
fer
08/09/2020 11:22 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Then after bathing in salt water
With giving a bath in fresh water to take the salt left over
Like we who, after being on the beach, take a shower to get the salt from the body?

Maríajose1985
08/09/2020 11:33 a.m.

And used any apostat?
For example, I use transparent fixomull to cover the pump canula and go phenomenal
However for the sensor no, it is immediately detached

Maríajose1985
08/09/2020 11:58 a.m.

You can bathe with him without problem.In my case I still use the G5, and when I'm going to dive, I leave it in place.I use Transparent Fixomull, cutting a hole in the center where the transmitter passes, so that the adhesive only sets the original sticker.Before putting it to use a 3M spray adhesive, so you can hold more time.

After bathing on the beach I don't have to do anything (except to rinse it well when I hit a shower).After diving (dives of 40-50 minutes to 18-20 meters, so that you get an idea) change the fixomull, because after so long the adhesive begins to dissolve.

Adirael's profile photo
Adirael
08/11/2020 1:35 p.m.

Thank you so much
Mine only endures about 25 30 min at most

Maríajose1985
08/11/2020 1:51 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.