Pre -soak or the fallow of the CGM

coolboy1973's profile photo   03/12/2019 11:07 a.m.

Hello,

After reading the following article >
PRE-SOK, Hotswap, and 65 Minute “Warm Up” for G6
I would like to know what your opinion is on the subject, if you do it, such as, with what sensors, etc.

The pre -soak, or as I say the CGM falls, consists of placing the new sensor hours before activating it.In this way the insertion zone is normalized, the sensor collects a more precise interstitial liquid and the starting readings are better.This is the theory.

Greetings,
José

coolboy1973's profile photo
coolboy1973
03/12/2019 11:07 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello
With Guardian Connect I usually put the sensor at night and activate it in the morning.In principle I am doing well, with values ​​very similar to those I get with the glucometer

RAFAZA's profile photo
RAFAZA
03/14/2019 11:13 a.m.

The practice is that it works.The price to pay?Well, you lose those "bars" days for use (which in a sensor that lasts for you for days, because it is a few euros, more or less euros depending on the days that lasts).A sensor placed on the body, "spends" read or not.The first day, or hours, and not all sensors (some start perfect), but many have a time of instability (the same as when it is dying), if that time you "jump" with another sensor working,As soon as you start it, you already jump that moment (and you lose that time, which can be instability, or not).It is a simple matter of cost.

If you want to do it, you can do with a printer3D a lid so that the sensor does not remain with the base of the transmitter dancing.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
03/14/2019 6:58 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

29 days ago I put on a dexcom sensor G4 in the abdomen and decided to leave it 24 hours before activating it.I do not know if it will have been for that, because of the fixation (I put skin tac also between the tape layers, not only on the skin -I think that to remove it I will have to go to a sauna before or something like that, because I see that I start the skin-) Or you know why, but there it is still alive and placeing.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
03/17/2019 2:41 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

Thanks for the comments.

The first sensor will go directly to the arm without "fallow" or anything, I exhaust my freestyle and this has been late.
The rest, I will try to leave it at least 4 hours before activating, they say that with G6 is enough.Everything is so that when they begin to give results these are as reliable as possible.

Greetings,
José

coolboy1973
03/18/2019 11:55 a.m.

Pabloj2000 said:

If you want to do it, you can do with a printer3D a lid so that the sensor does not remain with the base of the transmitter dancing.

Greetings

Can you explain this to me?

Greetings,
José

coolboy1973
03/18/2019 11:56 a.m.

It is how you put an old transmitter on top (without a pile) that makes the function of holding the base (where are the black points that are the drivers that make contact).With a 3D printer you can design it, or even with a transmitter you make a plastic with that base and put it on top (if you want to do that of the "fallow") during the day you have it and then you already put transmitter.

Greetings

pabloj2000
03/19/2019 4:42 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

But a suggestion, the "fallow" will not improve or expand anything ... simply "you stop having" those first data that can be less reliable ... but this only makes sense if you have another sensor working (double expense).Stay without measures (better or worse) for making "fallow" makes absolutely no meaning or advantage ... simply "you can" start marking better, the same as if you had put it from the beginning and taking measures ... to theX hours would mark you exactly the same.There are no miracles in that aspect (if there are other modifications - I still try one and I think it will be very good, unfortunately it serves all the dexcom except the G6 - to be able to extend a little sensor life).

Come on, that if you put on the second sensor before finishing the first, great ... but you are not without it or measures, because, in my view, you do not get any advantage.
And on the other hand, you usually do it when a sensor is dying ... but if you don't die and keep marking decently, and you have put the other "fallow" ... you will lose even more (always looking at the economy).

This system makes special sense when they give you the sensor (or the economic cost does not care), or in countries where they use the 10 days stipulated, or the 7 others ... when you are missing 6 hours, you leavePutting the other sensor, because you don't even bother to restart it or anything (I insist, when they give them to you and it gives you everything the same, how you do not restart it, you know when you are going to get it ... and how they always last more than they mark,Those hours or day that you put in the body, even if you lose it, how you are not going to stretch it, it will always do well).

Greetings, and it's my opinion.

pabloj2000
03/19/2019 4:48 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Totally agree with what @Pabloj2000 says.

When I put the fallow sensor, I was still the previous one who was already agonizing (the ??? were continuous) and knew that his death threw suddenly.Let's say it has been one of those tests that we all do to see if we manage to stretch the duration of the sensor.At the moment, there it continues, although I cannot assure that it is because I started 24 hours after having inserted it.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
03/19/2019 8:23 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

Ok.Thank you very much, for now I will do what you comment.

coolboy1973
03/19/2019 10:33 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.