{'en': 'Bomb ... Can I put it on ...?', 'es': 'Bomba...  ¿me la pongo...?'} Image

Bomb ... Can I put it on ...?

SilviaGRZ's profile photo   08/16/2020 7:51 p.m.

Forgive me the first ... There must be countless threads, but I don't know how to look ...

For 3 years with Freestyle I have dropped from 10 of hemoglobin to 7.4 ... for me a great achievement, because after several endocrine and 30 years of bad experiences I have learned to meet me truly, and not for lack of care.

I have very difficult and labile diabetes ...

I want to get pregnant but to my dra.It seems to him that the figure is still high ... About 3am we don't know why, it doesn't matter if I'm going down, he starts getting up without stopping ... I have to get up every night to correct myself with quick ...
Levemir prescribed but gives me allergy ...

I have tried Lantus, Toujeo ... Nothing.

Dra's solution.I change hospital, and put a bomb ...

I am very discouraged ... it gives me the feeling that going hooked to the catheter, will give the feeling of being sick ... that I will not be able to make normal life ...

Can you guide me ...?

I am afraid, I am tired after 30 years crushing and without going "perfect."

Thank you so much!

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
08/16/2020 7:51 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Silviagrz said:
Forgive me the first ... there must be countless threads, but I don't know how to look for ...
For 3 years with Freestyle I have dropped from 10 of hemoglobin to 7.4 ... for me a great achievement, because after several endocrine and 30 years of bad experiences I have learned to meet me truly, and not for lack of care.I have very difficult and labile diabetes ...
I want to get pregnant but to my dra.It seems to him that the figure is still high ... About 3am we don't know why, it doesn't matter if I'm going down, he starts getting up without stopping ... I have to get up every night to correct myself with quick ...
Levemir prescribed but gives me allergy ...
I have tried Lantus, Toujeo ... Nothing.
Dra's solution.I change hospital, and put a bomb ...
I am very discouraged ... it gives me the feeling that going hooked to the catheter, will give the feeling of being sick ... that I will not be able to make normal life ...
Can you guide me ...?I am afraid, I am tired after 30 years crushing and without going "perfect."

I have been with free freestyle for almost two years, after 14 years with insulin feathers, and now I have proposed to my doctor to change to insulin bomb + MCG, and accepted.

I proposed it and, although I usually have good hemoglobins (my last two have been 7.5 and 6.5 and are always in that range), I think the bomb will even more improve my diabetes and give me more stability and tranquility.

I also have to raise many nights or go to bed late for high or low figures and the truth is that it is a huge nuisance, especially if you have to get up soon, and that is what I intend to avoid, more than anything else, with thebomb.

So my opinion is that I think it will be an advance (technologically, it is another step towards the definitive control of diabetes) and carrying a small catheter in my stomach I do not think it will negatively influence me as much as the derived problems doof diabetes control without pump.Therefore, I am going to try it and I think it is the best option.

I hope my opinion has served you and that you find your optimal solution.

All the best.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
08/16/2020 8:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Silviagrz If you are not entirely convinced with the pump, try it during pregnancy and if you do not want it, do not know anyone who after trying it wanted to go to the Bolis !!
It is true that he has his pros and cons but if he does not prove it, it is impossible for you to compare.It gives me a sense of amazing freedom ... Of course if you want to solve the problem of the night with the bomb is infinitely easier, getting up at night to click to me seems to me a pass.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
08/16/2020 10:56 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Thanks for your comment!I have no one known to inform me, and I have already commented that Dra.Nor is she expert and I would lead me to another hospital ...
I don't know if I will know how to use it, how it is comfortable to sleep, to shower, for the beach/pool, if you have relationships, if you look a lot with clothes ...
I've been getting up in the early morning house for a long time and I really don't rest anything ...

SilviaGRZ
08/16/2020 11:36 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

Thanks David!I also agree that he weighs health more than being connected to a catheter ... if not, I wouldn't make so many juggling to be fine ... but I don't have anyone who advises me.It's a new world for me ... I'm very afraid ...
And I am so discouraged with the Levemir, that I no longer know what to try or how to carry the situation ...

SilviaGRZ
08/16/2020 11:41 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

silviagrz said:
thanks David!I also agree that he weighs health more than being connected to a catheter ... if not, I wouldn't make so many juggling to be fine ... but I don't have anyone who advises me.It's a new world for me ... I'm very afraid ...
And I am so discouraged with the Levemir, that I no longer know what to try or how to carry the situation ...

I don't know anyone with a bomb either, but that's what the educators and your doctor are for guidance, and even more important I would say, internet.With the Internet, it is not what to worry about information, I assure you that you can find the information you need about diabetes, either in this forum, or on pages of the pump manufacturers, YouTube channels, items, items, etc.And thanks to the Internet I can also assure you that the majority of diabetics, if you give them to choose, prefer bomb before Bolis!

I am like you, I have never tried a bomb, but knowing that it is better (thanks to the Internet), I have decided to it and thanks to the fact that my doctor who has granted it to me, I will try it.

DavidAG2000
08/16/2020 11:59 p.m.

Good companions;I have taken a season with the morning increases, having to prick around 4 and 5 at dawn, but I took the holidays and the bicycle and the problem has been solved.I have gone the other week to the endocrine and asked the bomb but he told me that I have a hemoglobin of 6 and that with those numbers they do not put it.He had bolis, boats and needles 28 years, so I will continue like this.
But he was decided to put the bomb 💣 for the climbs like yours.

Greetings

chamus1978's profile photo
chamus1978
08/17/2020 1:55 a.m.

@Silviagrz at me at the beginning the same thing happened to me, the girls usually hook the bra, I bought a lot of shirts and shirts with buttons to hide in that area, then you realize that the only one you notice is you ..It is true that to be able to take them there I have begun to take different fasteners, but because of my comfort, you can also take it in a thousand places and it does not show, it depends a little on how tight you see.I also didn't know anyone with a bomb, but to put it they will make a group of several people (or in my case it was like that) and now I know another 5 girls who carry it with which I have a group of Wassap so don't worry about that..
As for sleeping, at first what cost me the most but you get used to as everything, I prefer what to get up to click ..... Anyway in pregnancy it will not be what bothers you most to sleep hahaha.For the shower nothing, I take it off and I have a normal shower, there are people who shower with it but nothing happens if you take it away half an hour.
I do not usually have much problem with the bomb but for anything you can call the house, Medtronic in my case, and they solve doubts.
Dare for pregnancy, you don't know how distressing it can become a pregnancy having to control the figures so much, in my case my goals are 65-130 so I imagine how tight you have to go, sometimes you have to correct with 0.3or 0.4 units and that with difficult bolis .... If after pregnancy does not convince you then take it away, this is not a life pact!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
08/17/2020 7:38 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

davidag2000 said:
silviagrz said:
thanks David!I also agree that he weighs health more than being connected to a catheter ... if not, I wouldn't make so many juggling to be fine ... but I don't have anyone who advises me.It's a new world for me ... I'm very afraid ...

I don't know anyone with a bomb either, but that's what the educators and your doctor are for guidance, and even more important I would say, internet.With the Internet, it is not what to worry about information, I assure you that you can find the information you need about diabetes, either in this forum, or on pages of the pump manufacturers, YouTube channels, items, items, etc.And thanks to the Internet I can also assure you that the majority of diabetics, if you give them to choose, prefer bomb before Bolis!

I am like you, I have never tried a bomb, but knowing that it is better (thanks to the Internet), I have decided to it and thanks to the fact that my doctor who has granted it to me, I will try it.

In November I have to return ... I will think about it.If I decide, I will tell you to be referred to another hospital.
I'm afraid to start with another endocrine, elsewhere ...
And go with the patch, and then another device ... It gives me the feeling of being an android!hahaha

SilviaGRZ
08/17/2020 9:24 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

erpla said:
@silviagrz to me at first happened to me, the girls usually hook the bra, I bought a lot of shirts and shirts with buttons to hide in that area, then thenYou realize that the only one that you notice is you ... It is true that I can take them there I have started to take different fasteners, but because of my comfort, you can also take it in a thousand sites and it does not show, it depends a little on whatadjusted that you see.I also didn't know anyone with a bomb, but to put it they will make a group of several people (or in my case it was like that) and now I know another 5 girls who carry it with which I have a group of Wassap so don't worry about that..
As for sleeping, at first what cost me the most but you get used to as everything, I prefer what to get up to click ..... Anyway in pregnancy it will not be what bothers you most to sleep hahaha.For the shower nothing, I take it off and I have a normal shower, there are people who shower with it but nothing happens if you take it away half an hour.
I do not usually have much problem with the bomb but for anything you can call the house, Medtronic in my case, and they solve doubts.
Dare for pregnancy, you don't know how distressing it can become a pregnancy having to control the figures so much, in my case my goals are 65-130 so I imagine how tight you have to go, sometimes you have to correct with 0.3or 0.4 units and that with difficult bolis .... If after pregnancy it does not convince you, you take it off, this is not a life pact!

Thank you very much for your comment.Give pleasure so much optimism, really.
I understand your comment that you are pregnant!wish you all the best!
I will think about it, I have to go back in November and see if I decide ... I see everything so black and after so many years I am so disappointed that I am not wanting to ’...

SilviaGRZ
08/17/2020 9:30 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

chamus1978 said:
good companions;I have taken a season with the morning increases, having to prick around 4 and 5 at dawn, but I took the holidays and the bicycle and the problem has been solved.I have gone the other week to the endocrine and asked the bomb but he told me that I have a hemoglobin of 6 and that with those numbers they do not put it.He had bolis, boats and needles 28 years, so I will continue like this.
But he was decided to put the bomb 💣 for the climbs like yours.

Greetings

You are going wonderful!What a pleasure!I take a lifetime with the bolis and it is hard for me to think that there is life without them, hahaha (a little sad!)
I have also gone through boats and syringes, rechargeable feathers, disposable ... but the bomb seems like a world!And all day plugged in, he throws me back ... but we will see!

I can't go down that climb with anything.Neither with insulin, nor with exercise, nor on vacation ... it doesn't matter what cene ... nothing.
I have been like that for this year and we do not give what it can be ... 😢

SilviaGRZ
08/17/2020 9:35 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

Good morning I have been in the forum and I still have the operation.I'm also interested in the issue of the bomb, do you know approximate price?I don't think they do it for social security.Thank you

Lidiii's profile photo
Lidiii
08/17/2020 10:15 a.m.

@Lidiii, I do not know exactly the price of the bombs, among other things because I imagine that each brand has its price.
The MEDTRONIC 640G Pump its cost is more or less 6000 euros.
Then each month you must pay the fungibles that are about 220 euros/month.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
08/17/2020 8:23 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@Silviagrz, I carry a Pump Medtronic 640g.The pump itself, the box can be carried in a
Belt inside the clothes or with tweezers, you can easily hide it.The catheter that goes to the body does not bother at all.
I understand that in case of pregnancy you can demand that they put you bomb with measurement continues associated, I mean medtronic + guardian 3 or the tandem + dexcomg6.Greetings and good luck.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
08/17/2020 8:25 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

solar said:
@silviagrz, I carry a medtronic bomb 640g.The pump itself, the box can be carried in a
Belt inside the clothes or with tweezers, you can easily hide it.The catheter that goes to the body does not bother at all.
I understand that in case of pregnancy you can demand that they put you bomb with measurement continues associated, I mean medtronic + guardian 3 or the tandem + dexcomg6.Greetings and good luck.

I have been paying them until last month (the Freestyle 119’90 € ​​per month for 3 years rigorously) until in my hospital they told me that they gave them ...
For me, the best advance in my 30 years as a diabetic ...
But I don't know if the bomb is financed by social security in some cases or you always have to buy it ...
I have so many doubts ...

@Solaria I do not wear narrow and tight clothes, and I know that the first thing is health, but I am also afraid that much is noticed ... or in a special event like a wedding or something.

The catheter does not hurt or click all day?Is the needle very large ...?
Forgive so many questions ...

SilviaGRZ
08/17/2020 9:23 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

silviagrz said:
solar said:
@silviagrz, I carry a pump Medtronic 640g.The pump itself, the box can be carried in a

I have been paying them until last month (the Freestyle 119’90 € ​​per month for 3 years rigorously) until in my hospital they told me that they gave them ...
But I don't know if the bomb is financed by social security in some cases or you always have to buy it ...

@Solaria I do not wear narrow and tight clothes, and I know that the first thing is health, but I am also afraid that much is noticed ... or in a special event like a wedding or something.

I think the communities that finance it, or finance everything in terms of bomb or nothing.I'm going to go from Freestyle to bomb and they finance everything, I don't have to pay anything.

DavidAG2000
08/17/2020 9:50 p.m.

davidag2000 said:
silviagrz said:
solar said:
solar said:
@silviagrz, I carry a pump medtronic 640g.The pump itself, the box can be carried in a

I think the communities that finance it, or finance everything in terms of bomb or nothing.I'm going to go from freestyle to bomb and they finance everything, I don't have to pay anything.

@Davidag2000 anything?Great then.
I have to ask ...
I have read that a bomb is worth about € 6000 and each bolus for the month about € 200

SilviaGRZ
08/17/2020 10:31 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

silviagrz said:
davidag2000 said:
silviagrz said:
silviagrz said:
@Silviagrz, I carry a Pump Medtronic 640g.The pump itself, the box can be carried in a

I think the communities that finance it, or finance everything in terms of bomb or nothing.I'm going to go from freestyle to bomb and they finance everything, I don't have to pay anything.

I have to ask ...
I have read that a bomb is worth about € 6000 and each bolus for the month about € 200

You can depend on the pump, there are many pumps in the market.Each with its characteristics and price.In fact, not all pumps work the same although, what they all have in common is that they all seek the definitive control of diabetes.

DavidAG2000
08/17/2020 10:33 p.m.

solar said:
@lidiii, I do not know exactly the price of the bombs, among other things because I imagine that each brand has its price.
The MEDTRONIC 640G Pump its cost is more or less 6000 euros.
Then each month you must pay the fungibles that are about 220 euros/month.

Thanks for the information

Lidiii's profile photo
Lidiii
08/17/2020 11:08 p.m.

silviagrz said:
davidag2000 said:
silviagrz said:
silviagrz said:

I have to ask ...

I do not understand that in some places they finance it and in others not ...

Lidiii's profile photo
Lidiii
08/17/2020 11:11 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.