Many questions

kisalander's profile photo   08/19/2020 6:57 p.m.

Hello!My name is Kira, I'm new here.I am 29 years old and debut with diabetes 3. 1 year and a half ago I started as a vegetarian and today I am almost vegan.Since I started with this diet, I must say that I manage to control my values ​​much better, my gly, everything.

Anyway I have many doubts since it is still a new world with many things even to discover.I have been reading the forum and I saw things that lead me to consider, as the first point, the following.I never had hypoglycemia to the point of losing knowledge and that they have to interact glucagon.Something that normal is very afraid.Can someone tell me experiences of how this is, the risks and such?

Also tell them that I am Uruguaya and I live here almost a year ago, so I do not have insulin pump or freeyle, so my endocrine told me to access either of them you have to have an uncontrolled treatment or with a glyHigh or with asymptomatic hypoglycemia, things that I don't have, this is so everywhere?I live in Barcelona.

Can anyone tell me about Covid and Diabetes?Any testimony, experience, knowledge?

My gyrus currently is 6.7 but I consider that I have many variations in my daily glycemia so that for me that value is not worth much even if my doctors say that what matters is the value of the gly.

If they continued reading here, I thank you for their time and patience.Have a good day :-)

kisalander's profile photo
kisalander
08/19/2020 6:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@kisalander

Hi Kira

It seems unfortunate that the endocrine does not send you freestyle sensor.If you can read.Because the sensor will help you a lot.Without a doubt.

A 6.7 hemo is fine, although I see that you know a lot and the variations are also important.But if you don't have hypos, that hem is fine.

Avoid nocturnal hypo.I have a sensor with alarm and let me know.But I have had some daily and even with a sensor I have put the leg and acted late.Errors that are made for trying to be low.

Welcome to the forum and greetings

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/19/2020 8:22 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.