From Tenerife

alez1983's profile photo   08/28/2020 7:05 p.m.

Very good, they entered me on the 15th of this month with almost 500 mg/dl, I was coming 14 days by the Pyrenees with the mountain bike with 130kms day socks (I suffered a lot with heat and dehydration), I reached my islandand the next day to emergency.
I was wrong to wait to go to the doctor, now he asked me if I could have reverse the situation and that kills me.(I felt bad before the trip) Gluco hemoglobin gave me over 15. Now lack of sight, sleepy legs and punctures on the neck.Now with the forum I will not feel alone.A hug

alez1983's profile photo
alez1983
08/28/2020 7:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you, I'm already being treated slowly and quickly, trying to get out of hypos and hyper.Still accepting it and low but in little we return

alez1983's profile photo
alez1983
08/28/2020 7:54 p.m.

Welcome to the forum @alez1983, to see if we can help you together, ask what you need!

fer's profile photo
fer
08/28/2020 8:09 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@alez1983

Welcome to the forum.At first it is not easy.You will see how in a few months of low control the HBA1C, you regain your eyes gradually and the sensations of sleepy legs pass.You may also have some fat in the liver.Surely they have looked at it or look at you with an internist doctor.But also with good nutrition and with insulin disappears.

Tell your endocrine, how you do sports, you need a sensor, continuous glucose monitor, to control your glucose levels.It depends on the area in which you live, but in many places they provide you with the Abbott sensor.For you it is very important if you want to do sports again.You cannot risk that a bike hypoglycemia going down a mountain.That has to understand the doctor.Another thing is that they have a budget.But ask for it.

Now you have to learn to count rations and check how your body reacts.Be patient.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/29/2020 11:13 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you very much guys, I'm going to fight to keep glucose levels.Not very high. This last week I have gone only once above 200, most of them below 160. I am a very active person even being low I am walking about 10kilometers daily.On Friday I will ask the discharge.I will return to my waiter's job and I want to see how glucose handles stress

alez1983's profile photo
alez1983
08/29/2020 3:16 p.m.

@alez1983

That's very good.Exercise burns carbohydrates and avoids insulin resistance.

Remember that now at first you may have a honeymoon period, in which you will have to put little insulin because your pancreas still has some reserve.That can last weeks or nothing.Everyone has their experience.But if so, you have to be very aware for when the insulin doses ends up readjust.

And avoid hypoglycemia.Do not play being low, especially if you don't have a sensor.An hypo in your work can be very unpleasant.In the end, sooner or later a strong hypo you will have, like everyone, for some dumb oversight or for badly counting the rations.It has happened to us all.And experience is not pleasant.

It may be convenient that your coworkers know that if you get dizzy or lose meaning, they have to give you some juice to drink as soon as possible.Ah, it is also very normal when we are low, to put ourselves with a very bad character.But if you don't want to tell you, because issues lose your job or for another reason, it is another option.Each one decides.In any case, try to avoid hypos at the beginning.

Any questions you have, ask.

jldiazdel
08/29/2020 5:42 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel I do not know if it is because I will carry little but I am measuring the sugar minimum about 10 times (poor fingers), I have noticed that it rises with almost anything, so if consuming something between hours is when I am somewhat low (80-100).In my work we are like a little family so everyone knows.I know that they have told me that stress tends to raise it, and at work especially the weekends we have to fly.I have taken 6 kilos in these two weeks and I feel stronger.
On Tuesday I have an appointment with my endocrine and if I have a thousand doubts.They sent me to click the slow at 12 am, which is the time that lunch at work, that is, I would have to inject both at the same time and I do not know if it is recommended.Can intermittent fasts be diabetic?(12 hours) Well, there are times for breakfast.Greetings

alez1983's profile photo
alez1983
08/30/2020 11:36 a.m.

@alez1983

Talk to your endocrine, but given your job it would be better than slow to you at night, at home, quietly.Each one puts it in an hour that works.It also depends on the slow insulin that you have.I put the slow at 9:00 p.m.But you have to try it.But in your case putting the slow at work at noon I think you will create more stress.And so you avoid mixing them.In principle they act very differently and there are no problems.I put them in different places.The slow in the thigh, an upper part of high part.With a pinch given that I have little fat.And the rapid in belly or culete (there enters a little slower, but it works).Ah, the fast if I am at home I put it 15 m before each meal.

Do not make the mistake of putting the fast insulin before seeing the food on the table.Until you do not see the food and rations that you have, do not put the insulin.If the food has a lot of fat or proteins and you are low, put the rapid right at the end of the food.Remember the fast takes about 15 m to begin to take effect, it has a maximum effect at that time and last about 2 hours, with some residual effect until 3 hours.If you do sports, you will have to keep in mind, because the movement multiplies the effectiveness of insulin.That keep it in your work.It is not the same to put insulin and sit that putting insulin and moving.The difference is considerable.If you move you have to reduce insulin or increase lis carbohydrates.If you do not, you can suffer hypoglycemia would be in full work.

You can make intermittent fasts without problems.

On the punctures, remember to ask, beg for the sensor!That greatly improves the quality of life and will avoid many many punctures.In principle, controls have been done before each meal and then at 2 or 3 hours.That is a minimum of 6 punctures.You can add some extra control.

Encouragement and greetings

jldiazdel
08/30/2020 1:22 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you very much friend this forum !!!

alez1983's profile photo
alez1983
08/30/2020 3:16 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.