Night uncontrol of hyper to hyper in 5 min

ginsanro's profile photo   03/30/2019 6:33 a.m.

Hello.
Tonight has been chaos.My 7 -year -old son is taking 7 unu from Lantus in the afternoon.Tonight at 3 in the morning we make hair and gives 80.
We administer a Glucosport blister and go up 87 to 15 min.We give some sugar, we repeat capillary and go up to 115.
At 6 in the morning we repeat capillary and 51, quickly again Glucosport ampoule and some sugar.Three wet fingers.We repeat at 15 minutes capillary and !!!!!We have a little over a month since the debut and we are uncontrolled.
At dinner only 1ud quickly.
Every day from 3 to 8 in the morning he lowers a lot waking to 70-80.
If you go to sleep below 200 it has us in suspense.
I think I have to keep going slowly.If pediatrician says it seems to be in pre -pre -honey.
What do you recommend?
How has it risen so much when at 3 the morning had not risen?
I am coming to think that the glucometer is wrong
Thank you

ginsanro's profile photo
ginsanro
03/30/2019 6:33 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My 9 -year -old son of honey happens to him.The Lantus is put at 10pm and every day from 10 p.m. to 3 p.m.before at 10pm.So we don't see that high mountain from 22 to 3 at night.And then from that time we are pending and if we go down, we are giving fast glucose.The endocrine told us to be fixed by passing to insulin Tresiba that has a longer action.We are waiting for the next visit

evacf's profile photo
evacf
03/30/2019 8:18 a.m.

Thank you.At the moment the lantus is
We are putting at 5 the afternoon, in principle it had 10 units but we are going down following the indications of the pediatrician and we are already 7.
Next week we have an appointment with the pediatrician who is at the same time endocrine to see what he tells us.I will tell you about the threehiba to see what it says

ginsanro's profile photo
ginsanro
03/30/2019 8:26 a.m.

The three wet fingers?would they be from Glucosport?In that case the control is not real.
I would lower the lantus one in one unit., or I would spend it in the morning.
The best thing to trace hypoglycemia is a juice of Tetrabrik's little ones..They have 12 g of hydrates.And usually up 60 units...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/30/2019 9:25 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@ginsanro you should consider the use of some continuous blood glucose sensor (free freestyle, dexcom, medtrum, guardian Connect or Eversese) with alarms or without them.It is funded by Social Security (4-17 years old) and you will sleep much better.Your child's fingers will thank you.
You should also consider (from six months after diagnosis) the use of insulin pump, since it helps a lot in solving the problem of the anti-alba phenomenon (it affects children and requires less insulin during the last half ofthe night).
The anti-alba phenomenon differs from the phenomenon of dawn in which the first affects children and the second to adult@s;The first requires less insulin and the second requires more insulin during the last half of the night.
The Somogyi effect (its existence is doubted) has nothing to do with the anti-alba or ALBA phenomena.

At the moment, as @regina has already told you, you lower the Lantus units (perhaps you should upload a fast unit), change the Lantus schedule, use Levemir (in a dose) and/or NPH (in two doses and reducingthe night).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
03/30/2019 12:56 p.m.

Next Friday they will prescribe the freestyle, I will buy the Miao Miao and some clock or mobile to follow it with mine.
Insulin bomb I still have no clear and we are in the beginning.
Today I will go down the slow to see how the night spends.
That of things to learn.This disease is like going mounted on a roller coaster.
Thanks to this group and everyone is learning day by day

ginsanro's profile photo
ginsanro
03/30/2019 4:30 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.