Honeymoon It is possible to have it with a high glycosylated

alez1983's profile photo   09/01/2020 11:53 a.m.

Good again!I have debuted on August 15 with very high glycosylated hemoglobin figures 15'3.Do you think that with this figure you can also have the well -known honeymoon now?

alez1983's profile photo
alez1983
09/01/2020 11:53 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Of course, it is normal to happen.When there is a long time with high glucose levels, it is not so sensitive to insulin and at the time that it begins to inject insulin, sensitivity increases rapidly and a few days later less insulin is needed.When your body begins to produce more insulin is when the honeymoon comes.
My endocrine explained to me, many years ago: the cells of your pancreas were stressed and at the time it gets insulin and the levels return to normal the cells the cells again produce insulin even if it is scarce.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
09/01/2020 2:27 p.m.

@anaisabel thank you very much, you know I realize that I read many contradictory things on websites and reliable nutritionists.Some said no.Like the intermittent fasting some say that up to 14 hours you can do it others.I have a hard time respecting meals especially breakfast.Then I have heard of the Berber and AC.Fat DHL, some say that it improves insulin reception others that do not.A thousand doubts that are created in an issue that I never investigated.Greetings

alez1983's profile photo
alez1983
09/01/2020 2:35 p.m.

@alez1983

When they discovered me (or rather when I went to the doctor because I saw something wrong) in the first analytics I had a HB of 12. As soon as I started the treatment, I had a honeymoon for about three months, which then has been turning off.To do an idea I took four rations and put me half a fast unit !!If I do that now I put myself in 400.

Ah after three months the HB went to 6.5 and then stabilized around 5.7 - 5.8.

The complicated thing is that the honeymoon can last a week or months.Each body (pancreas) has its different reserves.That is why you have to be aware of the changes that will affect both fast and basal units.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/02/2020 5:56 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Yes of course.Especially when debuting
I was 13.2 of Glyc and I have been on a honeymoon 5 years, I think I have no peptide C (indicator of the amount of insulin left to the pancreas), last year for the dates it still had 0,37

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/04/2020 10:05 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

My son debuted with gyted 11.3 and had a honeymoon 2 years with insulin doses less than 0.5 IU per unit of CH and very good gyted controls and at the time of 3 months a 6.3

evacf's profile photo
evacf
09/06/2020 9:21 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.