Basal insulin

ximena2's profile photo   04/10/2019 7:03 p.m.

How do I find the correct number of units by basal insulin?I used 20 and up to 22u from Toujeo.I changed endocrine and made me go down to 17, but fast insulin (Humalog) does not fall.Then he asked me to climb 18 and then to 19.I don't understand, I would like to know if anyone has any experience with this?

ximena2's profile photo
ximena2
04/10/2019 7:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Basal insulin controls the blood glucose level between meals and during the night.
It depends on each person and the brand.And from your own organism .... I modify it as I see my values, I have mcflash and allows me to easily control it.
You have to see that before meals and during the night you maintain a similar value, that is that it is adjusted.Then for food you will use the rapid, which will depend on the amount A of HC ingieces and your ratio (the amount of insulin you need to lower 1 ration of HC).

How is your diet?You have a fixed guideline for each meal or calculate by HC.
I recommend that you ask your endocrine about continuous measurement and those doubts.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
04/10/2019 8:55 p.m.

Basal insulin looks very good upon waking.If you wake up high, you will need more.
There is no correct dose, there are doses that control you better.But sometimes you have to vary it.It moves from one in one unit, until you readjust values.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/10/2019 11:23 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I am learning, I am very depressed looking for my numbers and I feel so frustrated.

ximena2's profile photo
ximena2
04/11/2019 12:50 a.m.

I am barely telling the carbohydrates.When I was diagnosed I kept making my life as a normal person.He used insulin only at night (Lantus) and took Metforming and Glymepiride on the day.But my endocrine then retired and my new doctor changed my treatment.Because there were many pills.And he put me alone in insulin.But I did not know how to use humalog or I don't remember the part that I have to inject it before each meal and I had several traumatic episodes.So now I am learning from scratch, adding units to the basal from today, because Humalog works slowly with the units I am using.

ximena2's profile photo
ximena2
04/11/2019 12:58 a.m.

How often will I upload the units?And it doesn't matter if I am high when I put it?

ximena2's profile photo
ximena2
04/11/2019 1:42 a.m.

@ximena2, you have a mental mess that ...
Learn from this book:
Link

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
04/11/2019 12:47 p.m.

First adjust the slow.Lying down below 180, you have to get up with similar values.
Then you look at the controls two hours after each meal, to adjust fast.
It can be corrected quickly, you are high.You have to look at what a fast unit lowers you

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/11/2019 3:19 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

By steps:
The basal, do you measure the glucose when you get up?If stay above 140mg/dl you must climb the basal.2 units are uploaded and with that dose you can see the state for 3 days, if you follow over 140 you must climb another 2 units and wait another 3 days.
The fast, Humalog, depending on what you eat, carbohydrates.There are food tables that can help you, but at the beginning I would tell you that 10g HC (1 ration) x 1ud.If at two hours you are above 180, in the next meal instead of 1 ration, 1 you, go up to 2 units.

Eye that the units to be injected according to HC vary with the hours of the day, menstruation, ovulation, stress, mood, exercise ....

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/11/2019 3:49 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have been told to use Humalog 1u for 15 gr.that is a ration.Is it always like that?

ximena2's profile photo
ximena2
04/11/2019 4:49 p.m.

In Spain, 1 ration of HC are 10 grams and in the USA are 15 grams.

mamarvazq
04/11/2019 5:04 p.m.

@ximena2.First, don't despair.With diabetes we have to learn many things.The first lesson, not all diabetics need the same guidelines.And what one day is doing well, the next not.Every day has its eagerness.
As for whether 1U insulin = 15 grams (1 ration), because it depends on the sensitivity of each person and the moment.In the morning we have more insulin resistance and therefore we can need more insulin for the same ration.
Now the only certainty is that you will have many doubts.So ask here in the forum and there will always be someone who can help you.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
04/11/2019 5:59 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

When sugar is in its normal range such as 140, and do I have to eat, at what time do I inject insulin?I have to wait those 15 minutes or I start eating and then I inject?
Thanks in advance for everything.

ximena2's profile photo
ximena2
04/11/2019 7:16 p.m.

15 minutes before the first bite (before eating).

mamarvazq
04/11/2019 7:56 p.m.

Even if you are at a normal range?

ximena2's profile photo
ximena2
04/11/2019 7:58 p.m.

Yeah.

mamarvazq
04/11/2019 8:02 p.m.

Thanks for everything, I am very confused and I don't know what to do.I am still desperate looking for my normal basal range.

ximena2's profile photo
ximena2
04/11/2019 8:10 p.m.

Little by little, we all had to learn and get.
In Spain 10 g of HC is 1 ration.
Insulin always a few minutes, 15 or 20, before starting to eat so that the medicine coincides with food absorption.
Measure always before and 2 hours after eating to check if the dose has been adequate.Little by little you will see how your body works and adjust better.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/11/2019 10:03 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.